7th December 2011, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

Can I sit for NDA Exam pursuing 12th Commerce and going to complete in the year of 2012?

i am presently reading 12th commerrce and will pass out in 2012.so can i sit for upsc nda exam the exam???plz help.....

7th December 2011, 01:36 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I sit for NDA Exam pursuing 12th Commerce and going to complete in the year of 2012?

Being a candidate of pursuing 12th class in Commerce and going to complete this year in the year of 2012, you are eligible to apply for upcoming NDA Exam which is going to be conducted in the next academic year.

NDA Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year.

Candidates will be placed in the following defence services
-Army wing
-Navy wing
-Air Force wing after successful cracking of this exam.

As you are a candidate of 12th class in Commerce, I don't think you are having Mathematics and Physics as the subjects in your 12th class.

So, because of this you are not eligible to apply for Navy and Air Force wings. But you can apply for Army wing.

You should be an unmarried male candidate to be eligible for this exam.

Candidate should also meet the required physical standards to be placed in the above defence services.

Make sure that you will be under the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years to be eligible for this exam.

The upcoming NDA Exam is going to be conducted on 15-04-2012. If you are interested, you can apply for this exam.

For more information on NDA Exam, you can visit the official website of UPSC. Here it is,
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
7th December 2011, 05:48 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I sit for NDA Exam pursuing 12th Commerce and going to complete in the year of 2012?

dear friend,

NDA (National Defence Academy) is one of the platforms through which you can express your indomitable spirit for your own country India.

Eligibility for Indian Army :
1:You should pass 12(10+2)th or its equivalent from State Board / Universities. you can also apply as appearing for 12th examination.

2:Marital Status:Unmarried

3:Sex :Male.

4:Age Limit : Between 16.5 and 19.

5:Nationality:

You have to be A citizen of India, or

subject of Bhutan, or

subject of Nepal, or

Tibetan refugee .

The UPSC (NDA) exam is conducted twice a year (April and October) in all major cities throughout India.

Selection Procedure: National Defence Academy selects the candidates in three phases :

i)A written examination by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC).

ii)An interview by the Service Selection Board(SSC) to check the potentialities Intelligence and personality.

iii)A medical examination by a Service Medical Board(SMB).

The written examination is of two papers of all objective type questions.
i)Mathematics of 2.5 hours maximum number 300 including Arithmetic, Mensuration, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics.

ii)General Ability test of 2.5 hours maximum number 600 including General English, General Knowledge,Physics,Chemistry,General Science,History,Freedom Movement,Geography,Current Event

After clearing the written exam you will be called for a five-day interview process with the State Selection Board (SSB) which is the final step of selection.

for more visit its official site:http://www.nda.nic.in/html/nda-admission-details.html
17th December 2011, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

which terms the next year form is going to come out
22nd December 2011, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

IF I M COMMERCE WITH MATHS,SO CAN I APPLY FOR NDA EXAM
25th January 2012, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir cn i appear nda exam,
m appear 10 2 commerce now plz tell me?
25th January 2012, 06:58 PM
ekta massey

Sir/Mam, As I Ekta massey from lucknow and I wanted to know that can I sit for NDA Exam since I am from commerce side.
25th January 2012, 08:06 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: Can I sit for NDA Exam pursuing 12th Commerce and going to complete in the year of 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am presently reading 12th commerrce and will pass out in 2012.so can i sit for upsc nda exam the exam???plz help.....
Dear Aspirant

Sure...You can apply for NDA Exam as 12th commerce candidate. NDA exam is conducted by UPSC{Union Public Service Commission} twice in a Year as NDA I & NDA II.

>>Through NDA Exam you can join Indian Army, Navy & Air Force.

NOTE:- NDA is for unmarried MALE candidates only.

Requirments for NDA(National Defence Academy)
----------------------------------------------------

Educational qualification:
  • You should have passed 12th standard from State board or recognized school.

For Navy & Air Force, You should have PCM group in 12th standard.
  • 12th appearing candidates also eligible to apply.
  • There is no restriction on 12th percentage.

AGE Limit:
  • Your Age should be between 16.5 to 19 years.

Physical Requirements for NDA:

How to Apply for NDA Exam:
----------------------------

Important dates for NDA 2012 exam:
-----------------------------------

For NDA I
  • Notification Announced : 31/12/2011
  • Last date to apply : 30/01/2012
  • Examination date : 15/04/2012.

For NDA II
  • Date of Notification : 05/05/2012
  • Last Date of Submission of Application form : 04/06/2012
  • Commencement of Examination : 19/08/2012

Selection Procedure for NDA:
----------------------------

The selection process for NDA contain 3-stages->

1. Written Exam
2. Interview
3. Medical test.

Exam Pattern& syllabus for NDA written test:
-------------------------------------------

There will be written Examination for total of 900 marks in two Subjects

1. Mathematics - Maximum marks is 300 and the duration of the test is 2.5 Hrs.
2. General Ability Test - Maximum marks is 600 and the duration of the test is 2.5 Hrs.

The papers in both the subjects will consist of objective type questions only.

Books for NDA exam Preparation

>>For more detail regarding NDA exam, visit UPSC official website: http://upsc.gov.in
25th January 2012, 08:38 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria For Army Wing of NDA:-

Candidate must be 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

Other criteria:

1. The candidate should be between 16-1/2 to 19 years of age

2. Your marital status should be single.

3. You should be a citizen of India.

4. The candidate should be MALE.

So if you fulfil the criteria, you are eligible for NDA.

Official website: http://upsc.gov.in/

So after completing your 12th examination, if you still fulfill the criteria, then you can apply for NDA.

A notification is attached below, where you will get other details.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf upsc nda-na-I 2012.pdf(97.3 KB, 50 views)
25th January 2012, 08:39 PM
pnt0

Smile Re: Can I sit for NDA Exam pursuing 12th Commerce and going to complete in the year of 2012?

Being a candidate of pursuing 12th class in Commerce and going to complete this year in the year of 2012, you are eligible to apply for upcoming NDA Exam which is going to be conducted in the next academic year.

NDA Exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year.

Candidates will be placed in the following defence services
-Army wing
-Navy wing
-Air Force wing after successful cracking of this exam.

As you are a candidate of 12th class in Commerce, I don't think you are having Mathematics and Physics as the subjects in your 12th class.

So, because of this you are not eligible to apply for Navy and Air Force wings. But you can apply for Army wing.

You should be an unmarried male candidate to be eligible for this exam.

Candidate should also meet the required physical standards to be placed in the above defence services.

Make sure that you will be under the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years to be eligible for this exam.

The upcoming NDA Exam is going to be conducted on 15-04-2012. If you are interested, you can apply for this exam.

For more information on NDA Exam, you can visit the official website of UPSC. Here it is,
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
25th January 2012, 09:06 PM
Dilip Bista

Yes ,you are eligible for the entrnce exam . you must have your result in hand at the time of interview and by the time they declare your written exam result and call you for your final interview , your class 12 result will be out , so don't worry prepare well for the exam and All the best.
25th January 2012, 09:11 PM
Dilip Bista

Yes ,you can join in the Army wing of the NDA . Candidates who desire to join the Army wing of the NDA must have a pass in class 12 or its equal from any subject stream. The certification must be from a recognized board or university. Those who aspire to join the Naval Wing and the Air Force must have a pass in class 12 in science
All the best.
25th January 2012, 09:37 PM
pandeyshekhar89

Dear friend,

You are eligible in only for the Army not for the Navy and Air Force. For your clarification the following are the eligibility criteria for the NDA exam.

Eligibility Criteria of NDA-I 2012 Exam:

1. Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status: Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1994 and not later than 1st July, 1996 are eligible.

2. Educational Qualifications :

a) For Army wing of NDA: Any students which are pass class 12th or 10+2 Pattern of any state board or a university are eligible to apply.
b) For Air Force and Naval Wings: Those candidates which are studies Mathematics and Physics at he class 12th are eligible to apply

best of luck
25th January 2012, 09:55 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

NATIONAL DEFENSE SERVICE EXAM
NDA exam is conducted by UPSC every year twice to take qualified students into different defense service like
  • Indian Army wings
  • Indian Air Force wings
  • Indian Navy wings
Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:
For Indian Air/Indian Navy wings:You should have complete 12th class with PCM stream or appearing for final exam of the same course from a recognized university.And your age should be between 16 1/2 to 19 years.
For Indian Army wings:You should have complete 12th class with any stream or appearing for final exam of the same from a recognized university.And your age should be between 16 1/2 to 19 years.

As you have complete 12th class in commerce stream,so you can appear for NDA(Indian Army wings) this year.

NDA-I exam notification release on 31st Dec 2012 and closes on 30th Jan 2012.And exam will held on 15th April 2012.

NDA-II exam notification will release on 5th May 2012 and closes on 4th June 2012.And exam will held on 19th August 2012.

To fill the application form online,then click on below link.
http://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php

Visit official website for more details.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

26th January 2012, 02:18 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
yes, my friend you are eligible for NDA exam..

Because you are now pursuing 12th class and going to appear for the 12th board exam this year..

NDA exam is a defense service exam which is conducted by UPSC twice in every year..

Eligibility for NDA exam:-

For Indian Army wing:-

1.Candidate has to complete the 12th in any trade.

2.Candidate who is appearing for he board exam can also go for it.

3.Age should be in between 16.5-19 years.

4.candidate must be unmarried male.

For NAVY and Air Force:-

1.Candidate must have complete the 12th in science field.

2.candidate who is appearing for the 12th class board exam can also apply for it.

3.Age should be in between 16.5-19 years.

4.candidate must be unmarried male.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.

So, go for it..

All the best.
26th January 2012, 09:00 AM
adlsm

yes friend you can sit for NDA exam
please follow the below mentioned criterias to get more clear :

1. The candidate should be between 16-1/2 to 19 years of age

2. Your marital status should be single.

3. You should be a citizen of India.

4. The candidate should be MALE.
26th January 2012, 09:44 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes , You are applicable for NDA exam but In Indian Army Department.

NDA - Stands for National Defence Academy

This examination is conducted by the Union public service commission (UPSC) twice in a year.

As my knowledge there are some basic and important eligibility criteria are described below-

NOTE: - Only unmarried males are eligible.

Educational Qualification : - candidates must passed 10+12th with Physics and Maths and have to minimal 60% in 10th.

Those are completed 12th standard without science group are eligible for NDA exam in the department of Indian Army.

NOTE : - Candidates must be physically and medically fit for the NDA test.

EXAM PATTERN

Physical Standard for Indian Air Force:

I have attached the NDA notification so please check it out.

For more details you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NDA NOTIFICATION 2012.pdf(97.3 KB, 65 views)
28th March 2012, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

I would be feel obliged, if you kindly tell me the physical attributes required for joining NDA.Will I be eligible as I wear glasses and my eyesight is -1.25 on both eyes?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?