12th July 2011, 12:53 PM
sapthavi

Can I start preparation for GATE exam from the first year itself?

im doing first year b.tech(bio tech) and thought of doing m.tech after ma b.tech......so i am willed to take up the gate exam in ma third year.....so that can i start prepare in ma first year itself ah?

6th August 2011, 07:57 PM
sachin200792

Default Re: Can I start preparation for GATE exam from the first year itself?

If you are strongly willed to take up the gate exam then you can start preparation from 1st year itself. You don't need to do much extra hard for preparing for the GATE exam.

You just need to go through your academics properly and prepare well for the exams in your undergraduate courses. Take the syllabus for the GATE exams and prepare well for the courses going through your semesters and also in the GATE syllabus.

If you work hard then you will certainly be able to clear GATE exam properly without any problem.
26th November 2011, 04:39 PM
Yasir yousf

It is too good to start itself dont take it tuff and maintain patiance best of luck
24th January 2012, 07:34 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can start preparation but also be focused on your B.tech course subjects. After all the question paper of GATE will be based on these four years of engineering!

You make sure that you have a strong base of your subject. Never leave a topic with a doubt in mind. Clear your doubts as quick as possible.

For this, you can join a good coaching class in your locality. This classes will definitely help you to inmprovise.

But if you don't want to take any, then you have to work very very hard for that.

To cover the whole topic of the exam, you have to read books of various authors on various topics.

You will get the list of best books of your subject here!

Study for atleast 18 hours a day for the exam. And be confident.

Take online study materials for getting the pattern, follow previous years solved papers...
You will get them here!

Follow the standard books...don't try to read those books which is not popular for GATE.

The GATE score card is valid for 2 years.

And there is no age limit for this exam and there is also no limit for the no. of attempts.

So you have a lots of time in hand, and if you are desperate to crack GATE in your first attempt, then join a good coaching center.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?