12th September 2010, 03:07 PM
Lakshya marwaha

Can I work as a Merchant Navy after passing 12th from commerce without Maths?

i want to knw that i am 12th student frm commerce student widout maths(wid hindi) and my dream to work in merchant navy .so plz help me ans that how would i apply?

21st June 2011, 08:19 AM
vikky100

Default Re: Can I work as a Merchant Navy after passing 12th from commerce without Maths?

sorry! sir you cant apply in merchant navy withou maths and if u wnaa to go so, you have to clear exam in which maTHS WILL BE REQUIRED SO, FIRST PREPARE WITH UR MATHS AND THAN YOU CAN APLLY IN MERCHANT NAVY.
21st June 2011, 07:26 PM
kritika@Hans

Default Re: Can I work as a Merchant Navy after passing 12th from commerce without Maths?

hello
dear for applying to merchant navy one must have science as a subject in 12
so you are not eligible for it.....
22nd June 2011, 12:44 AM
Ramjash
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshya marwaha View Post
i want to knw that i am 12th student frm commerce student widout maths(wid hindi) and my dream to work in merchant navy .so plz help me ans that how would i apply?
Dear Friend,

To take the admission for merchant navy as a Deck Cadet please purchase prospectus and application foam from Merchant navy Counselling Center New Delhi. The cost of the form is Rs. 500/-.

Thereafter please fill up the form, registered yourself, take interview date and further they will guide you.

Next course is going to start on 27 Jun 2011.

For more details please contact at +91 9958250174 or mail to [email protected].

Regards,

Ramjash
22nd June 2011, 12:45 AM
Amitsilly

I am sorry to say this but u need to pass 12th with physics and maths in order to be eligible for merchant navy. Minimum requirements for merchant navy is a 55% in maths n physics or may vary for different categories.
22nd June 2011, 04:53 AM

As you are a commerce student you can not apply for navy for technical post.you can apply navy in non technical post which do not need math in 12th commerce.dont worry apply it.
GOOD BUY.
22nd June 2011, 11:39 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hi,

I regret that you cannot go in the merchant navy field as you had not maths in your 10(+2).

The basic eligibility to study merchant navy is to have physics, chemistry and maths as main subjects in 12th.

One can join this field in two stages one is after 10(+2) by pursuing B.Tech/B.E in marine engineering or mechanical engineering, another stage is after completing graduation in Nautical science.

So for you there is no option to get into merchant navy at this stage. I will rather suggest you to take up commerce subject as your graduation course.

Best of luck!
22nd June 2011, 11:43 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hi,

I regret that you cannot go in the merchant navy field as you had not maths in your 10(+2).

The basic eligibility to study merchant navy is to have physics, chemistry and maths as main subjects in 12th.

One can join this field in two stages one is after 10(+2) by pursuing B.Tech/B.E in marine engineering or mechanical engineering, another stage is after completing graduation in Nautical science.

So for you there is no option to get into merchant navy at this stage. I will rather suggest you to take up commerce subject as your graduation course.

Best of luck!
29th July 2011, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

If i have commerce with maths in 12th, can i apply for merchant navy then?
3rd August 2011, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir a have 12 pass in commer's so i can join merchant navy and without math's
10th August 2011, 09:24 AM
Unregistered

HOW CAN I APPLY TO CAT IN MERCHANT NAVY? 48% 12TH & 47% IN PCM.
5th November 2011, 02:55 PM
rudramishra

sorry ,you need math as compulsary subject irelse you aare not eligible for merchant navy.
so better take math as optional or join merchnt navy after your graduation
17th January 2012, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=kritika@Hans;815671]hello

i am student of 12th with commerce cn i join marchant navy its my dream that i ill join merchant navy plz tll me cn i join it
nd how can i join it
18th August 2012, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

sir please help me by sending me rqst on fb [email protected]
20th November 2012, 03:12 AM
ak2823

NO,i am sorry friend.You cannot joinbmerchant navy taking commerce because you need to score 60% marks in Maths,Physics and Chemistry.
You take science stream and you will easily cope up with it if you do regular studies and opt for Mechanical branch in future.
28th May 2015, 05:33 PM
amitpatirajkannoujiya

Question Re: Can I work as a Merchant Navy after passing 12th from commerce without Maths?

Sir i got a 55%marks in 12 but without maths so what i do
23rd April 2016, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikky100 View Post
sorry! sir you cant apply in merchant navy withou maths and if u wnaa to go so, you have to clear exam in which maTHS WILL BE REQUIRED SO, FIRST PREPARE WITH UR MATHS AND THAN YOU CAN APLLY IN MERCHANT NAVY.
Sir I just wanna say that - I'm 12th passed in commerce by CBSE board nd now I'm doing a special cource of maths for make me perfect for marchent navy jobs
19th July 2016, 06:59 PM
shivkumar kesarwani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir a have 12 pass in commer's so i can join merchant navy and without math's
Hii sir I am shivkumar kesarwani from mumbai , sir I HSC commerce without maths how to join msrchant navy please call me my cell phone no. 9987311392
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?