10th April 2011, 12:25 AM
Unregistered

Can I write IAS exam if I have finished my degree in correspondence?

if i have finished my degree in correspondance. its valid or not to write IAS exam

10th April 2011, 10:22 AM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I write IAS exam if I have finished my degree in correspondence?

Hi friend,

you are surely eligible for IAS exam. Because they need only a degree

and it doesn't matter. Go ahead with confidence.
10th April 2011, 11:02 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.
Default Re: Can I write IAS exam if I have finished my degree in correspondence?

dear friend, the elegibility criteria of IAS exam is:

Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification .

Nowhere it is mentioned that candidates who have done courses in correspondence cannot write this exam.

so keep preparing for IAS.

good luck
10th April 2011, 12:20 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write IAS exam if I have finished my degree in correspondence?

According to eligibility criteria for civil services examination you can apply for the

examination if you have a degree from a Government of India recognized university.

As far as correspondence courses are concerned you institution should be certified from

Distance Education Council of India or any such authority for giving degree.

You should cross check your institute's certification.

For any further details you can go through the advertisement for Civil Services

Examination.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC CSE ADV.pdf(346.2 KB, 112 views)
10th April 2011, 12:36 PM
swati biswas

hello friend,
of course you can write IAS after completing degree course in correspondence but for that you must check whether your institution is recognized by Distance Education Council of India or any such authority for giving degree. If it fulfills the criteria and you are definitely eligible for the exam.

for more details log in to: www.upsc.gov.in

best wishes
10th April 2011, 12:54 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
basically bachelor degree from an affiliated university/institute, is required for appear in upsc exam. Although if you have complete your bachelor degree via correspondence. For more information you can visit the official site of upsc- www.Upsc.Gov.in
and you can also visit www.ecivilservicesindia.com for study material.
Ok best of luck.
10th April 2011, 12:57 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

If your certificate is recognized by the UGC.And if you fulfill with below mentioned criteria,then you can apply for the exam.

Eligibiilty criteria for IAS exam:
  • Minimum graduation degree in any stream
  • Age should be between 21 to 30 years for General category,21 to 33 years for OBC category,only minimum age is required for SC/ST category i.e 21
  • Indian
Visit official website for more information:

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Check this attached file for this year IAS notification:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 79 views)
10th April 2011, 01:01 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

yes you can give civil service exam conducts by UPSC every year and become an IAS officer

ELIGIBILITY TO BE AN IAS :

education :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university.

Age limits :
21-30 years for general category and there is some relaxation for SC/ST
35 years for SC/ST
33 for OBC .

Important dates for UPSC Exam is:

Date of Examination ::12.06.2011

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

click here www.upsc.gov.infor more details.
10th April 2011, 01:12 PM
Deb51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
if i have finished my degree in correspondance. its valid or not to write IAS exam
If you have complopited your degree by correspondence from Goverment of India recognized University,and the institution are certified from distance education council of India.
Than according to ruls of Civil Services Examination ,you an apply for this Examination.
You shuld chek your Institute's certification.
10th April 2011, 01:38 PM
piyush121

Smile Re: Can I write IAS exam if I have finished my degree in correspondence?

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC for civil services....

Its eligibility criteria is that you should be a graduate from a university which is recognized by the government of INDIA.......

If you are a distance learning student then your university should be certified by the DISTANCE EDUCATION COUNCIL OF INDIA...........SO check your institution certificates.......if it is recognized then you can surely give IAS exam

your age should be between 21 -30 years.......relaxation is given for OBC'S and SC/ST in upper limit......

best of luck
10th April 2011, 02:23 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
To Appear for IAS examination, you have complete your graduation degree from a recognised colleges. So, if you have complete your correspondence course from recognised colleges, then yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS examination.

And to appear in IAS exam, You age should between 21 to 30 years at the time of taking exam. And the upper age relaxation is only aaplicable for SC/ST And OBC Candidates.

And To Apply for This Exam, You also need to meet physical standards mentioned in application form.

If you are from general catagory, then you can aaply for this exams only 4 times. The OBC candidates can apply 7 times And there is no limit for SC/ST candidates.

So, If you want to get any other information regarding IAS examination, the please visit the UPSC official website -

10th April 2011, 02:51 PM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

Yes you are eligible for IAS examination if you have done your graduation for recognised university whether correspondence or regular.

You must have attain age of:-

- minimum 21years and maximum of 30 years if you belongs to general category.

- For OBC 3 years relaxation

- For SC/ST 5 years relaxation

Number of attempts:-

- If you are from general category, number of attempts are only 4 times.

- OBC candidates can apply 7 times

- And there is no limit for SC/ST candidates.

For details please visit officila website of UPSC http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best...
10th April 2011, 04:01 PM
shermin
Senior Member+

According to the eligibility criteria you should have a bachelor's degree from a recognised university.

Your age should be between 21-30yrs as on 1/7/2011.There is upper limit age relaxation for SC/ST,OBC and certain other categories.

So if you fulfill the above criteria then you can give IAS exam.
11th April 2011, 12:46 AM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

ya of course you can apply for the IAS exam if you have done the graduation degree in the correspondence .....
the only eligibility is that you should have done the graduation with the minimum of the 60% of the marks and also in the 10 and 12th board exam about 60% of the marks .....

so best of luck
23rd April 2011, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

iam diploma in mechancal can i write IAS EXAM Pls tell me
iam murugan
2nd May 2011, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my BSC IT from Sikkim Manipal University, iam i eligilable to write IPS exams.please guide me. its my AIM .
12th May 2011, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

I am not cleared 10 2 exam ,But i am completed degree in corresspondense,is it eligible for IAS
13th May 2011, 06:15 AM
vijayptl97

according to eligibility criteria for civil services examination you can apply for the
examination if you have a degree from a Government of India recognized university.
As far as correspondence courses are concerned you institution should be certified from
Distance Education Council of India or any such authority for giving degree.
You should cross check your institute's certification.
For any further details you can go through the advertisement for Civil Services
10th June 2011, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

I completed my B.Com did i eligible for IAS and for IAS is there bangalore exam center.
16th June 2011, 12:18 AM
SUMITRA_M

Quote:
yes a correspondence degree holder can also give an ias examinations.
21st June 2011, 03:04 PM
sachin6

Ya you are perfectly eligible for ias exam. You write ias exam in every year conducted by upsc services. The eligibility is degree graduation, age limit is 21 to 25years.
28th June 2011, 07:33 PM
ZziOXx

Post Re: Can I write IAS exam if I have finished my degree in correspondence?

Hi.,this is Prabhu R Iam Finished my (Msc Hotel management) Iam Eligible (or) not? For IAS EXAM. Plz REPLAY MY QUESTION... to [email protected]
29th June 2011, 03:55 PM
swastik08

hi dear,
To Appear for IAS examination, you have complete your graduation degree from a recognised colleges. So, if you have complete your correspondence course from recognised colleges, then yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS examination.

And to appear in IAS exam, You age should between 21 to 30 years at the time of taking exam. And the upper age relaxation is only aaplicable for SC/ST And OBC Candidates.

And To Apply for This Exam, You also need to meet physical standards mentioned in application form.

If you are from general catagory, then you can aaply for this exams only 4 times. The OBC candidates can apply 7 times And there is no limit for SC/ST candidates.

So, If you want to get any other information regarding IAS examination, the please visit the UPSC official website -

thanks
18th July 2011, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

I am an FC canditate.......Can i write exam for IAS?...Or Is there any Additional Qualification needed for me to write the Exam??????Sir
10th August 2011, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

Is correspondence degree graduate eligible for upsc and further masters
18th September 2011, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

I'm doing B.A final year. Can I write the exam for next year?
25th February 2012, 11:26 AM
drurv

Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification .

Nowhere it is mentioned that candidates who have done courses in correspondence cannot write this exam.

so keep preparing for IAS.
8th March 2012, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

My degree certificate is from unrecognise university but master from a ugc recognise,can i give IAS exams?
16th March 2012, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

is any private degree allowed to give IAS exam
?

/
17th March 2012, 03:19 AM
monu592

yes,,, you elligible for ias examination , if you see the elligiblity for ias examination there is no any points such as 'u should have regular degree'.
so, u can appear in examination...
17th March 2012, 03:47 AM
g.teja

Hi friend,
you can write IAS exam without any doubt.
any one with age limits:21 to 30 ,holding a bachelor's can write the exam.
so you can write confidently.
17th March 2012, 04:37 AM
gurmit.pgi

Yes, you can write, For this exam.
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities recognized by Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an
Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.So, it doesn't matter whether your education is regular or from distance .

Age :- 21 years to 35 years, age relaxation for reserved candidates as per Govt guide lines i.e 3 years in upper limit for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

No. of Attempts:- 4 for General
7 for OBC
no limit for reserved categories.
17th March 2012, 08:39 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.........
The IAS exam is held through UPSC , The exam eligibility criteria are as follows.....

For more details visit website ,.

Good luck........
17th March 2012, 11:22 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IAS-INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer one has to appear and crack the Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

As per Civil Service guide lines in order to be eligible for Civil Service Exam one should have either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University means the university from which the candidate has taken Graduation Degree whether through regular or correspondence course, should be recognised by UGC(University Grant Commission).

Apart from this the eligible candidate should be within the age of 21 to 30 years which the upper age relaxed up to 5 years for SC/ST/PH candidate and up to 3 years for OBC candidate.

Hence before applying for Civil Service exam you should check whether your University from which you have completed Graduation has got recognisation from UGC or not.

For further information you may log on to www.upsc.gov.in
17th March 2012, 12:12 PM
bnaveen70

yes,you are eligible to write civil s entrance.
the civils exam three stages
1.prelims ( two papers)
2.mains exam (9 papers)
3.personal interview
first you qualify in prelims then next stages exam allowed.
total mains exam &interview 2300 marks
sc/st candidate attempt civils exam -none
obc-7 times
general-5 times
you prepared well attempt civils other wise prepare next time well attempt it........
all d best
17th March 2012, 02:04 PM
tudi.swethna

Smile Re: Can I write IAS exam if I have finished my degree in correspondence?

hai friend...
Ya your eligible for IAS exam. For IAS exam you need to have degree so your a degree holder so you can apply for IAS exam..

all the best..
3rd April 2012, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

can a mtech or phd holder apply for ias
29th May 2012, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

being BSc(information system management) student can i write IAS exam?
7th January 2013, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

can i write CAT exams for MBA if i finished B.SC MATHS in annamalai university in correspondance??? please help me i'm confused ad depressed...thank you
7th January 2013, 06:36 PM
SANDEEP K DEEDAWAT

Arrow Re: Can I write IAS exam if I have finished my degree in correspondence?

Quote:
yes u can write
7th January 2013, 06:41 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello dear guest,
You can apply for civil exam
There are minimum educational qualification is Graduate any stream from any recognized university.this is doesn't matter that your degree is correspondence or regular but one thing is important that the university where you complete your degree is government recognized university.
If your University is government recognized then you are fully eligible.

Eligibility
There are minimum educational qualification is Graduate any stream from any recognized university.
final year candidate are also eligible for this exam
Age should be minimum 21 and maximum 30 years
Age relaxation for OBC 3 year and SC/ST 5 years.
Attempts
For General 4
For OBC 7
For SC/ST No Limit
7th January 2013, 07:56 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for Indian Administrative Service, even if you have completed graduation through correspondence. Your college should be recognized from the government in order to appear for the Indian Administrative Service exam.

The Civil Service Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on the annual basis. You will have to prepare very hard to clear the exam. There are very few seats and over 10 lakh students applying for them.

So the competition would be extremely tough therefore you should start preparing as soon as possible for the exam. Rest be assured that having a correspondence degree is not going to affect your chances of becoming IAS officer.

Eligibility

1. You should be of Indian origin to apply.

2. Bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

3. There is no percentage issue.

4. Age limit should be 21 to 30 years to apply.

5. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. SC/St are eligible for 5 years relaxation.

Exam Pattern

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Interview

Number of Attempts

1. General - 4

2. OBC - 7

3. SC/ST - no limit
14th May 2013, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Hello,
I have completed my degree from C.V.Raman University by correspondence, am i eligible to take IAS exam?
15th May 2013, 12:17 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend..........................

IAS means Indian Administrative Services and is basically meant for those aspiring candidates who have strong dedication towards the country.

India holds a UPSC examination every year and on the basis of this examination a number of IAS officers are recruitment.

Eligibility Criteria :-

A.)Educational Qualification:-

The minimum qualification required for appearing the competitive examination is Graduation. Many professionals like Engineers, Doctors, persons with Ph.d qualifications are competing for UPSC.

B.)Age Factor:-

1.> For general category :-

21-30 years and can attempt 4 times.

2.>For SC/ST :-

21-35 years ,and there is no limitation .

3.> For the OBC:-

21-33 years and can attempt 7 times.

Paper Pattern for IAS exam :-

1) General-Studies paper carries 150 marks

2) Optional paper carries 150 marks.

Instead of one compulsory paper of General Studies and one Optional paper, both the papers shall be compulsory.
15th May 2013, 12:38 AM
vkghanghas

The candidate must hold any degree in any discipline from any recongnized university

Final year degree students who will obtain degree by August 1, 2013 are also eligible for CSAT 2013

The degree can be of any class (distinction, first, second etc.)

Degree obtained by distance education/open university is also eligible if the university is a recognized university
15th May 2013, 09:37 PM
bitulsudarshan
Member+

IAS Exam conducted by UPSC .

Minimum Eligibility For IAS

Graduation from recognized university

If your university is recognized than whether you have done your graduation from distance learning or from regular ,it does not matter

Basic fitness level.

Age limit - 21 to 30 years

(relaxation for other sc/st/obc candidate)

There are 3 stages in IAS that should be cleared by the candidate.

Preliminary exam (Objective Type Exam)
Main exam (Descriptive Type Exam)
Personal Interview

For more information about the IAS visit the official website or read employment newspaper
www.upsc.gov.in/
6th June 2013, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

can i write ias exam if i have finished one regular degree and one correspondence degree at a time?
6th June 2013, 10:55 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

no problem you are eligible for apply

IAS is a one of the civil service examination

IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year

IAS Eligibility :

You must be citizen of Indian

Your age less then 30 year & more then 21 years

If your any reserved candidates , you have age relaxation as follows

3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates

5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates

Number Of Attempts :

General Candidates :4 Times

OBC Candidates :7 Times

SC/ST Candidates : No Limit

Selection Process :

Preliminary Examination

Main Examination

Interview

for more details :http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?