5th January 2013, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I write IBPS exam while studying final year B.E?

I am Studying in final year B.E. Can I write IBPS exam?

6th January 2013, 11:07 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I write IBPS exam while studying final year B.E?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

IBPS- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. It conduct the bank exam every year for PO and CLERK for 19 public sector of bank.

If you have completed Diploma OR Graduation degree then you are applicable for IBPS Clerk exam.Your age should be in between 18 to 28 years old.

If you have completed graduation degree then you are applicable for IBPS PO Exam.Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years old.

Sorry to say that you are not applicable for IBPS Exam now but after completion of your degree , you are eligible for IBPS Exam .

You have BE degree so you are applicable for IBPS Clerk and PO both exam .

Selection process for IBPS Exam is 1)Written Test 2) Personal Interview.

List of the Best Books for IBPS Exam :-

IBPS (CWE) Probationary Officers
by
Publisher: Unique Publishers

Comprehensive Guide to IBPS - CWE Bank PO Exam: Probationary Officer / Management Trainee
by
Comprehensive Guide To IBPS-CWE Bank PO Exam
Publisher: Disha Publication

Study Guide To I .B. P. S Cwe: For Recruitment In Clerical Cadre
by
G. K
Publisher: G.k Publication (2011)

For online application you may visit to IBPS website .There are several notification for IBPS recruitment .

For more information about IBPS Clerk exam , You can visit to www.ibps.in
6th January 2013, 12:42 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

IBPS - Institute of Banking Personal Selection conducts examination for the post of Bank Clerk and Probationary Officer(P.O.) for 19 Public Sector banks.

As you are pursing final year B.E.you are eligible to apply for bank Clerical and after completion of B.E. you are eligible for Bank P.O.

The candidate wishing to apply for IBPS bank Clerical exam,must be an Indian Citizen having completed 10th with 60% marks OR having completed 12th with 50% marks in any stream from a recognised Board OR having completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 18 to 28 years with good knowledge over computer operation.

The candidate aspiring for IBPS bank P.O., must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree exam in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 20 to 30 years with good command over computer operation.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ibps.in
6th January 2013, 10:32 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Hi,
In order to appear for the IBPS clerical exam, you should be a graduate or in final year of your graduation and your age should be in between 18-28 years of age.

But for giving the IBPS PO exam, you're not allowed unless you're a graduate. You should be having a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in your graduation.
The age limit for the PO exam is between 21 to 30 years of age.
Gud luck
6th January 2013, 11:57 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
IBPS conducts the Common written exams and interview for 20 Nationalised banks.
They conduct exams for both PO as well as Clerks Posts

Eligibilty for the BANK PO exams:
Graduation Pass with Minimum 60% marks
Age should be between 21 and 30 years
OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

You need to pass in Graduation at the time of applying to the PO exams.
Final year appearing students cannot apply for the PO exams.

So complete your Graduation and than you can apply for these exams
7th January 2013, 12:03 AM
ipkay93

Hello dear aspirant,

Yes you are eligible to appear for the IBPS clerical examination while you are on the final year of your graduation and your age should be below 28 years.

For Application:
Application Fee is Rs. 400/- for general and OBC category and Rs. 50/- for the SC/ST/PH/EXSM candidates in form of Challan. Online payment can be made by using master/visa debit or credit card.

Application Fee:
Fees for Application is Rs. 400/- for general and OBC category and Rs. 50/- for the SC/ST/PH/EXSM candidates in form of Challan. Online payment can be made by using master/visa debit or credit card.

The Written Test includes these parts with 50 questions each with each question containing 1 Mark:

Reasoning
English Language
Quantitative Aptitude
General Awareness
Computer Knowledge

Total Questions 250
Total Marks 250

Regards,
Pkay.
7th January 2013, 01:03 AM
JSD.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IBPS.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	127469

Being a BE final year candidate Definitely you can appear in the IBPS examination .

Institute Of Banking Personnal Selection (IBPS) Conducts the common entrance test for the recruitment of PO's and management trainees for each of 19 participating Indian banks in association with Indian Bank Association. It is conducted twice a year.

To be eligible for this exam one must be an Indian Citizen with an age limit of 20 to 30 years. There is an age relaxation of 3 to 10 years for the SC/ST/OBC/DISABLED category.Also the candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university or central one.

Examination Pattern:--

The exam consist of two parts:

1. Objective exam:
It is of 150 minutes duration with subjects like reasoning, english, quantitative aptitude, general awareness and computer knowledge.

2. Descriptive exam:
It is of 60 minutes duration with the subjects like essay writing, precise, letter writing and English composition. There are total 250 questions and total marks are 250.
There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks per question.
7th January 2013, 11:00 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IBPS - Institute of Banking Personal Selection conducts examination for Bank Clerical and P.O.(Probationary Officer) job for 19 Public Sector banks.

As you are pursing final year B.E., you can apply for both Clerical and P.O. exam conducted by IBPS provided you fulfill other eligibility criteria.

Eligibility of IBPS Clerical Exam:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National having completed 10th with 60% marks OR having completed 12th in any stream from a recognised Board with 50% marks OR having completed Graduation Degree in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 18 to 28 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good knowledge over computer operation.

Eligibility for IBPS P.O. exam:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 20 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good command opver computer operation.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ibps.in
7th January 2013, 11:12 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sorry final year candidates are not eligible to apply for IBPS Examination . To apply for the IBPS Examination , you must have a least qualification of graduate degree with any discipline from a recognized School .

Even post graduate candidate may also eligible to apply for the IBPS Examination .So After completing you are graduation , you can apply for the IBPS Examination . Probationary Officer and clerical officer have same education qualification .

Graduate degree is enough to apply for these both examination . But age limits are vary , Probationary officer exam you must have a 20 - 30 years of age and upper age limits is applicable . Clerical exam you must have a 20-28 years of age and upper age limits is applicable .
7th January 2013, 12:50 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello,

IBPS - Institute of Banking Personel Selection

As per your educational criteria appearing final year of your engineering you can apply for IBPS PO exam there is no doubt on your eligibility criteria.
final year candidate of graduation are eligible for this exam.

eligibility criteria for IBPS
age of the candidate should be 21 to 30 year
3 year age relaxation for OBC candidate
5 year age relaxation for SC/ST candidate
candidate should be graduate from recognized university
all stream candidate are eligible for this exam

For more information http://www.ibps.in
7th January 2013, 01:20 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

DETAILS ABOUT IBPS ' S PO EXAM

IBPS stands for the INSTITUTE OF BANKING & PERSONNEL SELECTIONS . This institute conducts a CWE (COMMON WRITTEN EXAMINATION), through which one can apply for the PROBATIONARY OFFICER (PO), clerks posts in various banks .There are almost 20 banks ,which recruits their respective banking posts through this exam(CWE).

The minimum educational requirements for this examination is a graduation degree from a recognized college.
As the last year's candidates can also apply for this CWE examination, so are eligible for this examination.

You must have scored at least 60% in 10+2+3.

You must know that the operational & functioning of the computer systems like MS WORD, MS POWER POINTS, MS OFFICE, MS EXCEL , TALLY etc etc.

CWE PATTERN--

Age limit--

21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates,
there are 3 & 5 years of the age limit relaxations are also applicable for he obc & SC\ST candidates respectively.

for more--
www.ibps.in

thank you!!!
~gamble~
7th January 2013, 01:38 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can appear for the entrance exams by Institute of Banking Personnel Services (IBPS) but only after completing bachelor course. Although I don't think banking exam is the right path for a engineering graduate.

You can get better job opportunities in the Public Sector Undertaking. What is the point of doing banking job. If you were interested in banking job then why studied engineering. It makes no sense.

The right path for you would be to apply for Public Sector Undertaking exam if interested in government job. You can also apply for the Indian Engineering Service exam however that would depend on your engineering stream.

For PSU job you will need minimum of 60 percent marks in engineering course. Each PSU conducts a entrance exam which includes a written test. However some PSUs don't take written test. Instead candidates have to appear for GATE entrance exam. So I will suggest you to appear for GATE entrance exam as well.

In case you are still interested in banking job, please only apply for the IBPS Bank PO and not Clerk exam. Below is the eligibility criteria.

Eligibility

1. Candidate should be Indian citizen.

2. Must have bachelor degree in any discipline.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. The age limit is 20 to 30 years for Bank PO.

5. Upto 3 years relaxation is given to OBC.

6. SC/ST get 5 years relaxation.

7. upto 10 years relaxation for Person with Disability.
7th January 2013, 01:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are expecting your result in time then you can apply for IBPS examination.

Final year students can apply but they have to produce required documents in time otherwise they will not be considered.

For IBPS examination Graduation in any discipline is required . Hence you will be definitely eligible for it.

The age must be between 21 to 30 years if you are General category .

There is age relaxation for other categories :

SC/STs- 5 years

OBCs- 3 years

PWDs- 10 years

So if you have the required age then you can apply for IBPS PO examination.

There will be Objective type paper with negative marking for wrong answers.

There will be sectional cutoff means you have to pass in every sections of the paper then only you will qualify.

Interview will be there for those who qualify the written examination.

For more infoarmation you can visit http://www.ibps.in
7th January 2013, 06:07 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Quote:
*Being a BE final year candidate Definitely you can appear in the IBPS examination .

Institute Of Banking Personnal Selection (IBPS) Conducts the common entrance test for the recruitment of PO's and management trainees for each of 19 participating Indian banks in association with Indian Bank Association. It is conducted twice a year.

To be eligible for this exam one must be an Indian Citizen with an age limit of 20 to 30 years. There is an age relaxation of 3 to 10 years for the SC/ST/OBC/DISABLED category.Also the candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university or central one.

_Examination Pattern:--
_

The exam consist of two parts:

_1. Objective exam:
_It is of 150 minutes duration with subjects like reasoning, english, quantitative aptitude, general awareness and computer knowledge.

_2. Descriptive exam:
_It is of 60 minutes duration with the subjects like essay writing, precise, letter writing and English composition. There are total 250 questions and total marks are 250.
There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks per question.
8th January 2013, 08:14 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

IBPS Stands for Institute Of banking Personnel Selection.

The IBPS Conducts common written examinations for Bank Clerical and Bank PO posts for the 19 public sector banks.

The Eligibility Criteria Required for IBPS Common written examination are :

* if you are applying for Bank Clerical Job , then your minimum educational qualification should be 10+2 with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized board.

* Also , for this job , the age limit is 18-28 years.

* Relaxation in upper age is given to Reserved Category candidates as per the Govt. Rules.

* But if you are applying for Bank PO Job , then your minimum educational qualification should be graduation in any discipline from any recognized college/university.

*you must have a minimum of 55% marks in graduation.

* your age must lie in between 21-30 years.

* There is also a relaxation in upper age of 3 years for OBC Candidates and of 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

So , sorry to say but currently you are not eligible for the IBPS Bank PO Examination as you are in final year of B.E. and have not completed your graduation yet.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
8th January 2013, 12:39 PM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:

IBPS Clerk Eligibility

Eligibility Criteria
Nationality/Citizenship: A Citizen of India.

Age limit: The minimum age limit is 20 years and maximum 28 years.

Educational qualification
Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.

IBPS PO/MT Eligibility

Eligibility Criteria

Nationality/Citizenship: A Citizen of India.

Age limit: The minimum age limit is 20 years and maximum 30 years of age to general category candidates.

Educational qualification
Degree in any discipline from a recognized university or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.

9th January 2013, 02:46 AM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I write IBPS exam while studying final year B.E?

Quote:
The Eligibility Criteria Required for IBPS Common written examination are :_

* if you are applying for Bank Clerical Job , then your minimum educational qualification should be 10+2 with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized board.

* Also , for this job , the age limit is 18-28 years.

* Relaxation in upper age is given to Reserved Category candidates as per the Govt. Rules.

* But if you are applying for Bank PO Job , then your minimum educational qualification should be graduation in any discipline from any recognized college/university.

*you must have a minimum of 55% marks in graduation.

* your age must lie in between 21-30 years.

* There is also a relaxation in upper age of 3 years for OBC Candidates and of 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

So , sorry to say but currently you are not eligible for the IBPS Bank PO Examination as you are in final year of B.E. and have not completed your graduation yet.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
9th January 2013, 12:45 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection.

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for IBPS Bank PO examination as per as your present qualification.

The eligibility criteria for IBPS Bank Clerk and PO are prescribed as below:-

* For clerical exam- Completion of 12th with 55% marks from any recognised board.

* Age limit- 18-28 yrs.

* For PO exam- Completion of graduation with 55% marks from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
9th January 2013, 04:17 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear There,

IBPS - Institute Of banking Personnel Selection.

19 public sector banks come under IBPS.

Now the eligibility criteria for IBPS Clerical exams are as follows:

* 12th with a minimum of 55% marks

* Age - 18-28 years.

There is also relaxations for OBC and SC/ST candidates.

Nationality - Indian

Now the eligibility criteria for IBPS PO exams are as follows:

* Graduation with a minimum of 55% marks

* Age - 21-30 years.

There is also relaxations for OBC and SC/ST candidates.

Nationality - Indian

Thanks.
10th January 2013, 08:44 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Being a Final year candidate your not applicable for IBPS Examination .. So, I suggest you to complete your graduation B.E course without backlog in Single subject .. than Only your eligible for IBPS Entrance Examination..

IBPS Stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection .. This IBPS Conducts CWE Common Written Examination for every year .

Eligibility Criteria for IBPS Entrance Examination ::

Educational Qualification ::

Bachelor degree is the Minimum Educational Qualification for both the Clerk as well as PO Examination .. So, If your completed Bachelor degree course than your eligible for IBPS Clerk Examination ..

Age Criteria ::

-For IBPS Clerk Examination :: Applicant age should be Minimum 18 years and Maximum 28 years .
-For IBPS PO Examination :: Applicant age should be Minimum 20 years and Maximum 30 years ..

and Upper age relaxation will applicable for both the sc/st candidates and obc candidates .

The Notification for this Examination may published in Employment news paper and Official website of IBPS ..

Suggestion ::

If your interested to appear in IBPS Clerk Examination please complete your B.E course with any backlog than definitely your eligible for IBPS Entrance Examination ..
14th January 2013, 12:44 AM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I write IBPS exam while studying final year B.E?

Quote:

Being a Final year candidate your not applicable for IBPS Examination .. So, I suggest you to complete your graduation B.E course without backlog in Single subject .. than Only your eligible for IBPS Entrance Examination..

IBPS Stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection .. This IBPS Conducts CWE Common Written Examination for every year .

*_Eligibility Criteria for IBPS Entrance Examination ::
_*

*_Educational Qualification :: _*

Bachelor degree is the Minimum Educational Qualification for both the Clerk as well as PO Examination .. So, If your completed Bachelor degree course than your eligible for IBPS Clerk Examination ..

*_Age Criteria :: _*

-For IBPS Clerk Examination :: Applicant age should be Minimum 18 years and Maximum 28 years .
-For IBPS PO Examination :: Applicant age should be Minimum 20 years and Maximum 30 years ..

and Upper age relaxation will applicable for both the sc/st candidates and obc candidates .

The Notification for this Examination may published in Employment news paper and Official website of IBPS ..
14th January 2013, 12:52 AM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Can I write IBPS exam while studying final year B.E?

Quote:
IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection.

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for IBPS Bank PO examination as per as your present qualification.

_The eligibility criteria for IBPS Bank Clerk and PO are prescribed as below:-_

* For clerical exam- Completion of 12th with 55% marks from any recognised board.

* Age limit- 18-28 yrs.

* For PO exam- Completion of graduation with 55% marks from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
thanks
29th May 2013, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

I'm a b-tech student of final year. i couldn't clear a ppr in my final sem. thus i will have to give the ppr dis dec. i.e dec 2013. and will have my graduation degree in hand by feb 2014.
am i eligible for the po-3 exam in sept?
if not then which is the next earliest po exam i will be eligible for. Please help me!!
6th June 2013, 11:12 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
After successfully completing your graduation you will be eligible to give the IBPS CWE Examination.

IBPS CWE Exam Details:-

IBPS Clerk Common Written Exam is one of the most prestigious bank exam. This exam is conducted for various posts including clerical post. At present 20 national banks takes part in this examination. Earlier this exam was a paper based test but now it has become an online test.

Earlier even H.S. passed out candidate were allowed to give this examination but now only graduates can apply for the IBPS examination. So for that reason number of candidates applying for this exam will automatically decrease considerably but on the flipside the difficulty level of the exam will rise naturally.

Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You must have a valid degree from a recognized university. The degree should be a valid one and it can be obtained in any discipline of your choice.
  • The lower age limit for giving this examination is 20 years and the upper age limit is 28 years.
  • There is age relaxation applicable for the reserved category candidates. It is 5 years for SC/ST candidates, 3 years for OBC candidates and 10 years for PWD candidates.
  • You need to show proof that you have basic computer skills. This proof could be your mark sheet of +2, if you had computer science as a subject, or a certificate course from a recognized institute.
  • This year you can apply only in one state. Therefore it is important for you to have fluency in the local language of that state.

Exam Pattern:-

The written exam has been divided in to five sections. From each section 50 questions will be asked. Each question will carry one mark. Stress on the following areas:-
  • Reasoning
  • English language
  • Numerical ability
  • General awareness
  • Computer knowledge

Hope this helps :-> :->
19th July 2014, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

i completed my BE degree in 2014 and result were out in June 2014. can i apply for IBPS PO 2014?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?