8th February 2011, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

Can a science stream student apply for banking exam?

can a science stream student apply for banking exam? Could u please tell me if its possible

23rd July 2011, 10:54 AM
0nitesh

Default Re: Can a science stream student apply for banking exam?

yes, they can apply for banking exam.
23rd July 2011, 02:29 PM

Yes, of course a science student can apply for banking exam. In any bank exam the most important thing is, you must have a very good general knowledge, i mean knowledge about general things happens in day to day life. Suggestions - You must read newspaper everyday, you also get books to prepare for bank exam, buy that and read that.
23rd July 2011, 10:14 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can a science stream student apply for banking exam? Could u please tell me if its possible
Yes Definitely ! Science Stream Candidates are eligible for Bank Examinations.

But the eligibility criteria are vary from Post to post. If you are in 12Th examination then you are eligible to apply Only for Clerk Examination Post And for this post you need to complete your 12Th examination in any Stream From a recognised University with minimum 60% Marks.

And to apply for Clerk examination post your age should between 18 to 28 Years, The Upper age relaxation is applicable for Reserved Category Candidates.

But If you are Doing your Graduation examination, then You are eligible to apply for Bank PO/ Management Trainee Post. And For this Post you need to complete your Graduation degree course in any stream from a recognised University, there is no minimum Percentage Eligiblity Criteria To apply for Bank PO Post. But It is only applicable for Public sector Banks And If you have apply for Private banks Then you need To scored Minimum 55% Marks in your Graduation degree course.

And for SBI Bank PO examination you not need to scored minimum Percentage, any Graduate passed candidates are eligible to apply for Bank PO examination Post. Graduate Passed Candidates may apply for Common Written Examination (CWE) will be conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS). The Last Date of apply for this examination was 1/Aug/2011 and any graduate candidates are eligible for this examination.

So, please dont worry Any stream Candidates are eligible to apply for Banking examinations. For complete Information please read the Given Notification.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1306923612882_ADVT_ABPO_07082011.pdf(36.1 KB, 348 views)
File Type: pdf cwe_advt.pdf(90.2 KB, 217 views)
23rd July 2011, 10:14 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Can a science stream students are eligible to apply for the Banking examination ?

Yes, definitely a science stream students are eligible to apply for the banking examination. you not mention in the question that in which class you are studying. Banking job is known as a good job in which you get batter facility and a smart salary.

After completing 12th std. you can apply for the clerk grade examination of the many bank. If you have 60% or above marks in the 12th class then you are eligible to apply for many bank as a clerk grade examination.

And if you want to appear in the Bank PO examination then you need a graduation degree in any stream with at least 55% aggregate marks and the age must be between 21 to 30 years. The computer knowledge is necessary for the Banking examination.

In the banking examination the uestion paper consist of the following topic :
-> Reasoning type.
-> Data analysis and Interpretation.
-> English Knowledge.
-> Marketing Knowledge.

So, If you have a science stream student then you are eligible to apply for the banking examination. The vacancy is comes out in the employment news and also in the respective bank website. So, read the employment news regularly.

Regards
~Mukul~
23rd July 2011, 10:47 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Why not.........absolutely possible!

If you are applying for clerical post, then a 12th degree with minimum 60% marks is the educational criteria...
the stream can be science, arts or commerce!

If you are applying for Probationary Officers (PO) post, then a graduation degree with minimum 55% marks is the minimum requirement.

Some tips:

you should start the preparation from 3 to 4 months before the exam......

the best way to prepare for the exam is to buy one or two books from the market, the name for which is given below, and start practicing.

the more you practice the more you will be able to complete the paper in that limited time which is very short to solve all the questions.

so practice is everything to prepare for bank's exam.

Best wishes...............
23rd July 2011, 11:07 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes definitely !!!

Any candidate can apply for the banks exams,there is no particular stream like science or commerce.So,any eligible candidate can apply for the banks exams.

Banks are mainly conducts two exams : 1)Probationary officer 2)Clerks

Bank eligibility criteria differ from bank to bank...

For Bank Probationary Officer,the candidate must have a graduate degree from a recognized college/university and the candidate must score at least 60% marks in their examination.

Some bank ask the 55% marks in your graduation.

The candidate age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs and relaxation category are SC/ST/OBC/PH.

For Bank Clerks,the candidate must have a complete the 12th from a recognized board or equivalent qualification and the candidate must secure at least 60% marks in their examination.The candidate age should between 18 yrs to 28 yrs.Age relaxations are exists as per govt.rules.

So,don't worry your eligible to apply for the banking exams.
24th July 2011, 12:03 AM
sunainarawat

yes she/ he can give exam of bank / any bank
24th July 2011, 12:12 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Can a science stream student apply for banking exam?

Dear friend,

Definitely a science stream student can apply for banking exam.

BANK PO EXAMINATION ELIGIBLITY -

To apply for Bank PO examination You need to complete your Graduate degree Course in any stream from a recognised University And there is no minimum percentage eligibility criteria to apply for bank examination.

If you are Pursuing your final year B.tech/B.Sc Course and awaiting for the results then please dont worry you are eligible for Bank PO Recruitment Examination but you have to show your result at the time of Interview.

And to apply for Bank PO examination Your age should between 21 to 30 years, The Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC, ST and OBC Candidates. Eligible candidates may apply for Bank PO Examination Online And for more information please visit the Various bank Official website.

And as per the new notification of SBI was removed the Minimum percentage eligibility criteria and as per new notification any graduate passed candidates are eligible for Bank PO examination, There is No minimum percentage is requires for Bank PO examination. But the eligibility criteria are vary from Banks to Banks, For other banks please check the eligibility criteria from the official website or read the previous year notifications.

All the best...................
24th July 2011, 08:22 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
YES, science stream students apply for banking exam

criteria for exam:-

* Candidate pass graduation

*age- 21 to 30 years

you have any stream then you eligible for apply

banking exam.

pattern of exam:--

Written exam:-

]On this only aptitude ,reasoning, general knowledge, general english...........

Good luck..............
24th July 2011, 08:27 AM
Muditaga

Yes absolutely you can apply for bank exams. If you are 10+2 then you can apply for clerk position in any bank. And if you are doing graduation you can apply for po position
24th July 2011, 12:18 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

With Science Stream Candidates you are eligible for Bank Examinations.

you can also give bank exam with12th. If you are in 12Th examination then you are eligible to apply Only for Clerk Examination Post only And for this post you need to complete your 12Th examination in any Stream with minimum 60% Marks.

for Clerk examination post your age should between 18 to 28 Years.

If you are Doing your Graduation examination, then You are also eligible for Bank PO exam. For Po Post you have to complete your Graduation degree. there is no minimum Percentage Eligiblity Criteria To apply for Bank PO Post. But for Private banks Then you need To scored Minimum 55% Marks in your Graduation degree course.

From this year only one entrance exam will be conducted for all Banks.this exam will be conducted twice in a year.you can writes many times for this to increase your marks.according to performance in this exam you can get job in any bank.

Computer knowledge is very important for baks job if you have computer knowledge it will beneficial for you.
24th July 2011, 08:45 PM
Sachin Narayan

Yes ofcourse a science stream student definately serve banking jobs.

If you meet the eligibility criteria you can make a good carrier in banking sector , if you have done only 12 you can join as clerk in any bank ahd if you have done graduation or post graduation you can apply for the post of PO i.e Probabtionary officer in any bank.

The eligibility criteria for clerical post is that the age is from 18 to 30 and the minimum educational qualification is 10+2.

If you want to join the bank as PO the age must be from 21 to 30 relaxation will be there for obc and sc/st.
The minimum educational qualification is graduation from any stream from a recognised university .

The syllabus for the post of PO consists of General awareness, english, maths, computer knowledge, marketing aptitude, descriptive test.
Where as syllabus for clerical is bit easy consist of general awareness, clerical aptitude,maths ,english.
25th July 2011, 12:13 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

science stream are eligible bank exam.

for the case of clerical post you have to passed 10+2 .

for PO exam , you must graduation degree with above 55% marks.

all the best.
26th July 2011, 02:09 AM
aroy8091

dear friend ,
Definitely a science stream student can apply for the bank exam

If you passed only 12th std then you can join as clerk in any bank or if completed your graduation then you are eligible for bank po post

AGE must be between 21-30 years

there are 5 year age relaxation for the SC\ST candidates

best of luck
26th July 2011, 08:23 PM
anil_kumar89

Science Stream Candidates are eligible for Bank Examinations.

The eligibility criteria for clerical post is that the age is from 18 to 30 and the minimum
educational qualification is 10+2.If you want to join the bank as PO the age must be
from 21 to 30 relaxation will be there for obc and sc/st.

The minimum educational qualification is graduation from any stream from a recognised
university .

the syllabus for the post of PO consists of
General awareness
english
computer knowledge
marketing aptitude
descriptive test.
28th July 2011, 08:10 PM
anil_kumar89

In the banking examination the question paper consist of the following topic :

Reasoning type.
Data analysis and Interpretation.
English Knowledge.
Marketing Knowledge.

The eligibility criteria for clerical post is that the age is from 18 to 30 .For PO exam its
21 to 30 years .

If you passed only 12th std then you can join as clerk in any bank or if completed your
graduation then you are eligible for bank po post
5th September 2011, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

I am just 10th pass but also completed a 3year diploma in fashion designing from polytechnic. Am i eligible for CWE? Plz help
29th December 2012, 01:55 AM
Unregistered

i want to know that can a 12th pass science student can give clerical exam in state bank of india
5th January 2013, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

I have completed 12th in science stream. I want job in bank. Soon after completing 12th std, what should i do so that i can get job ib bank? Plz reply
6th April 2013, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

what to do after completing 12th in order 2 get bank jobs?plz tell,m very confused...
6th April 2013, 07:23 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hai friends……

Yes, a science students also apply for banking posts.

ELIGIBILITY FOR BANKING CLERK EXAM:-

For this exam you must have Indian Citizenship
And you must have the age of 18 to 28 years and age relaxation is also there 3 yrs for obc and 5 yrs for sc/st category.
have either completed 12th in any stream from a recognised Board with 60% marks or have completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University. - with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate. -Should be a computer literate one.

selection process ;

Written exam
Personal interview

All the best
11th June 2013, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

I have cmpleted my 12th from science stream. Am i eligibl for these exams 4 a job in bank?
27th April 2014, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

Hello
Iam rajesh i have complited 12th with science and i have changed the suject in part 1 iam compliting graduation with art's can i apply the bank po after graduation n any demand any tecnical. please help me sir and sugest me my e mail [email protected] n my contact nmbr7209994075
8th January 2020, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

How can a ost graduatestudent in physics face ibps po interview? Please can anyone give some tips regarding to answer to " why do you want to join banking sector, why did you change your stream?"
15th April 2022, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to do job in bank after completing BCA?
29th May 2022, 12:31 AM
rbagdiya1

yes you can apply.
IBPS PO 2022 Exam will be conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) to select eligible candidates for the post of Probationary Officers in different public sector banks in India.
August/September 2022 is the tentative date for Registraion.
Few Banking Exam names
  • SBI PO.
  • SBI SO.
  • SBI Clerk.
  • IBPS PO (CWE PO/MT)
  • IBPS SO (CWE SO)
  • IBPS Clerk (CWE Clerical)
  • IBPS RRB (CWE RRB)
  • RBI Officer Grade B.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?