21st April 2010, 07:31 PM
rashmi_singh

Is there any preference for BT stream over XL stream during admissions in M.tech in biotech?

Sir, i got my GATE score as 332 with marks 35.67,and my AIR rank in gate(BT) is 1660.Please suggest which colleges i can apply for...especially NITs and will i get the scholarship there?I am a third year b.tech biotech student.I also want 2 ask is there any preference for BT stream over XL stream during admissions in M.tech in biotech or any other M.tech courses related 2 my field(biotechnology)?
kindly reply.

16th May 2010, 09:53 PM
BALWINDER SINGH

Default Re: Is there any preference for BT stream over XL stream during admissions in M.tech in biotech?

u definitely got nit scholarship .........your rank is so good...........and i wish you best of luck........
20th May 2010, 08:26 PM
sg3125
Banned

Default Re: Is there any preference for BT stream over XL stream during admissions in M.tech in biotech?

Yes there will be some minor chances.Congrats/you can clear up some nits.
12th June 2010, 03:28 AM
drdo99
Banned

Since it is always thought that good students are always taken.
yes,nit are preferred but one can compete with them.
there is nothing odd.
boyh are same.
9th July 2010, 02:09 AM
anupam kuruganti

Thumbs up Re: Is there any preference for BT stream over XL stream during admissions in M.tech in biotech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashmi_singh View Post
Sir, i got my GATE score as 332 with marks 35.67,and my AIR rank in gate(BT) is 1660.Please suggest which colleges i can apply for...especially NITs and will i get the scholarship there?I am a third year b.tech biotech student.I also want 2 ask is there any preference for BT stream over XL stream during admissions in M.tech in biotech or any other M.tech courses related 2 my field(biotechnology)?
kindly reply.
Hi Rashmi singh,

One of my friend got 243 rank in gate BT this year and he got NIT-Rourkela in Biotechnology department and another friend whose rank is 840 in gate BT got the same college but M.tech in Chemical engineering ( He got this seat also in 3rd counselling of NIT's). So what I want to say is if you got a rank below 1000 then getting in to NIT's will be easy, but I can't assure you will be getting the same field as in your BE. If you want it same your rank should be very less preferred below 500 ( if you belongs to general category if not then no problem). BT is preferred more than XL for M.tech degree courses counselling thats why BT paper has implemented from 2010 in GATE. My suggestion is you better write gate 2011 also ( because you have got 1 more year of your BE) take your 2 gate scores and plan according to it. Because from this year the validity is again 2 years you got this chance, which ever is better go for it. You will definitely get scholarship in NIT's no need to worry. This year prepare again and give the good shot as much as you can so that you can conform your seat in IIT's. All the best. Please ask more quires if you got any we all are here to help you.
13th July 2010, 08:05 AM
Unregistered

sir last time i got very less marks in GATE BT 30.333 .. and my rank is 3492. so i adopt this year XL .... is it so XL ll be problem while joining M.TEch course
14th July 2010, 01:48 AM
anupam kuruganti

Thumbs up Re: Is there any preference for BT stream over XL stream during admissions in M.tech in biotech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir last time i got very less marks in GATE BT 30.333 .. and my rank is 3492. so i adopt this year XL .... is it so XL ll be problem while joining M.TEch course
Dear friend,

The main idea behind implementing GATE BT paper from 2010 is

1.B.tech Biotech people should not face any difficulties
2.Mainly to reduce the competition from Master of Sciences people

Consider for example this paper is not introduced and it is same as before that means if B.tech Biotech people wants to for M.tech they should write GATE XL paper. There will be competition between B.tech people and M.sc people also as M.sc people would have more touch with the subject than a Bachelor degree holder they could have a chance to get the rank easily. Thats why in order to reduce that competition Govt., has introduced this BT paper as separate GATE paper from this year. Of course GATE is such a kind of exam if any person is eligible to write it he can write for any branch( BEAUSE PG MEANS ACCORDING TO RULES ANY DEGREE PERSON CAN CHANGE FORM HIS DEGREE AND CONTINUE WITH THE NEW BRANCH OR MAY TAKE THE SAME) but he has to thorough with that subject ( the subject which the person is interested to write). If he studies that subject in his B.tech then he can have more chances of getting a good rank when compared to other case i.e., studying one degree and writing exam for other degree.

So my best advice is don't choose to take XL paper if you are a B.tech candidate because you are not targeted to write that. You are prepared to write BT paper.
The good news for you is you had already attempted it one time and missed it with 5 marks so you have enough experience than a new person who will be going to write the paper for the first time, please utilize the opportunity you have and conform a rank below 100. Prepare according to it from now on wards. Plan your work thats the only thing you have to do for GATE preparation and give the best shot you can. All the best and please choose BT paper I am sure if you plan well with your previous experience you will definitely get the best rank. Good luck
16th July 2010, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

May i get nit if i got the rank between 1000-2000?
15th March 2011, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

sir i have got 6.67 and gate score 2 in XL paper am i eligible for mtech biotechnology
16th March 2011, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir i m doing M.Sc Biotechnology(Final semester) and have qualified GATE 2011 XL paper.. My GATE mark is 46.67, GATE score is 435, percentile is 95.24 and All india rank is 630... I want to pursue M.Tech biotechnology as it is a technical field... Do i have chances of getting into IIT's or NIT's and can i avail the fellowship? And also can u tell me the scope of m.tech biotechnology.. please reply
16th March 2011, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

I have a score of 345 and AIR 2028 and my marks is 44.33.Which colleges can i be hopeful for? i don't think NIT's can be an option right?
17th June 2011, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

hai ,my name is jai i got 90.55 percentile in gate 2011(bt) and iam an obc.is there any possiblity to get m.tech seat in nits......................air is 1550..........
14th September 2012, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

sir i have qualified the gate exam in xl stream having 546 rank...so sir my question is that am i eligible to applyin mtech in any iit...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?