8th February 2020, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

Can we do B.Com directly after qualifying 10th Board exams?

Hi, I have completed my 10th Board exams and now I wish to do B.Com. I heard that we can do B.Com via distance mode directly after 10th. Is it true? If yes, then in which university can I take admission? And, if now than what should I do now? And other similar course that can be done on the basis of 10th?

9th February 2020, 01:47 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we do B.Com directly after qualifying 10th Board exams?

No, without passing 11th and 12th standard, you won't be able to take admission in B.Com either Regular or Distance mode.

Even if you wish to take admission in B.Com in IGNOU, then you must have completed 11th and 12th standard from a recognized Board, then only you can take admission in IGNOU for B.Com course.

If you don't wish to complete 11th and 12th standard, then alternatively you can pursue Diploma course from any recognized institute. After completing Diploma, you can directly take admission into 2nd year of Bachelor course (by saving 1 year).

Hence, candidates should have completed Diploma in Management or Commerce or Economics to be eligible for taking admission in graduation (B.Com).
9th February 2020, 08:27 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot do BCom just after completing 10th class.
You will first have to do 12th class then you will be eligible to take admission in B.Com. Also you will have to take commerce in 11th and 12th class to get admission in B.Com because BCom is very much related to commerce. BCom is a 3 years course.
9th February 2020, 09:33 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot persue B.Comafter 10th because minimum qualification required to persue B.com is 12th from a recognised board.
9th February 2020, 10:30 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursueB.Com, the aspirant should have done 10 + 2 from a recognised board with at least 50% marks from a recognised board.

Hence, you cannot pursue to become after 10th.
9th February 2020, 10:30 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

You cannot do BCom directly after qualifying 10th board examination.
You have to pass 12th class with commerce stream, then you can apply for BCom.
BCom is a 3 years course offered by various Colleges in India.
Some top colleges for Bcom are:-
Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
Loyola College, Chennai
Symbiosis, Pune
Saint Xavier's College, Mumbai
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?