21st August 2011, 02:03 PM
Hinali

Is a candidate without engineering degree eligible for IAS exam?

Hi, I'm wife of the person who wants to give this exam but I'm lit bit confuse coz he didn't finish his study yet and also he didn't get his engineering degree so if he wanna join ias so he do or not that means he can do iAd without his degree.

25th February 2012, 01:57 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is a candidate without engineering degree eligible for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinali View Post
Hi, I'm wife of the person who wants to give this exam but I'm lit bit confuse coz he didn't finish his study yet and also he didn't get his engineering degree so if he wanna join ias so he do or not that means he can do iAd without his degree.

A graduate in any discipline is eligible for the Indian Administrative Service. Candidate in the final year of Bachelors degree program are also considered eligible to apply for the post of IAS officer.
To join Indian Administrative Service, candidate has to go through Civil Service Exam which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The maximum age limit to apply for the candidate belonging to general category is 30 years, for OBC category 33 years and 35 years for the candidates belonging to Sc/St category.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?