7th July 2010, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Career in defence after b.tech.? WHich branch in btech to prefer to join defence later?

sir wat is career in defence after b.tech nd wat brnch should i prefer 4 defence

7th July 2010, 06:44 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Career in defence after b.tech.? WHich branch in btech to prefer to join defence later?

Hi,

There is SSB Technical entry for B.tech graduates in Defence. Literally, the notifcaition will be sent to all engineering colleges regarding the SSB selection process. Check with your college administration. If not, Keep watching the Employment news in the month of January, febrary for notification and direct applying.

Regarding the branch, you will be provided with ampt details after your clearing SSB. Choosing of brnch is not under your discrtn. So dont bother about that,.

Try to clear the Selection process first, As it is very tough to clear officer's entry.

All the Best.
7th July 2010, 08:29 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Career in defence after b.tech.? WHich branch in btech to prefer to join defence later?

hello dear
after completion of btech you can join indian army easily.and you will have lieutenant respected post on there.

any branch of engineering students can join indian defenence.so branch is does not matter....

best of luck......
7th July 2010, 11:54 PM
pinnache

Default Re: Career in defence after b.tech.? WHich branch in btech to prefer to join defence later?

aeronautics and electronics have fast entry in air force.,you can go on to fill vacancy of defence in many resounding fields from ssb,ekt & ues scheme
8th July 2010, 08:16 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

defence takes all branches,but there are some clauses:
you have to go through their entrances and with you masters marks which should be above 60%,you can vie for admission.
they take a interview too.
search at their homesite.
8th July 2010, 09:15 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

yes as engg. ,you can go on to fill vacancy of army in many resounding fields from ssb,ekt & ues scheme.
9th July 2010, 08:02 AM
gohan4

HI
After B.tec you want to join defense .You can give CDS exam.
CRPF,BSF ,IMA these all exam help you to enter in defense.And you can opt
any trade in B.tec it doesn't matter.
9th July 2010, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

my h.s percentage is 58%,i want 2 join defence after b.tech.is it possible?& which branch to prefer?please answer this!
11th July 2010, 02:28 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Every branch of engineering is good ,you can go for any one,

I you will go for the defense then you have to sit for the CDS entrance exam conducted by the UPSC.

And for that the graduation ais only required,so choce the branch you are interested to go rather then for defence.
23rd July 2010, 06:04 PM
Senior Member+++

hello friend i think you must go for either a b.tech in IT branch or b.tech in computer science if you want to go in defence and after completing your b.tehc you can go for the exam
24th July 2010, 02:16 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Btech students can have a good opportunities in defence.You can enter the defence services through CDS(Combined Defence Service exam).Civil and Mechanical engineers find most opportunities in defence.You can join Indian airforce if you scoreabove 60% in graduation.Merchant navy is also a good option.For joining the defence you should not be more than 21 years and your eyesight must be 6/6(upto+/- 2.5 is considered).The entrance exam will be followed by an interview and physical test.
28th July 2010, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

i want to join indian defence after b.tech from mechanical engineering.
please give me suggestion and update about the exam dates
29th July 2010, 01:56 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir wat is career in defence after b.tech nd wat brnch should i prefer 4 defence
there are a lot of jobs for btech students in defence. You must keep checking employment news for updates. Also if you take mechanical or electrical in btech then it will increase your chances of getting job in defence.
18th August 2010, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

i m the student of b.tech.i m in last year. can i give cds exam?
19th August 2010, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

sir iam a btech biotech student, what are my opportunities in defence
20th August 2010, 04:35 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

there are some entrance exam like UES , EKT ... u have to appear in this type of exam for getting into defense..u can join in army as a leuatinent,and u can join in air force as a flying leuatinent..

so there is a bright career in defense for the engineers..

all the best..
20th August 2010, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Are girls selected in the flying branch of "INDIAN AIR FORCE"?
20th August 2010, 11:03 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,
u may get chance in Defence after B.tech
if u passed B.tech in Mechanical or Electrical ,then it will be advantegious to u,as these r core stream
otherwise Computer science also preferable

You can give CDS exam for CRPF,BSF ,IMA these all exam help you to enter in defense

Best of luck
20th August 2010, 11:05 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,
u may get chance in Defence after B.tech
if u passed B.tech in Mechanical or Electrical ,then it will be advantegious to u,as these r core stream
otherwise Computer science also preferable

You can give CDS exam for CRPF,BSF ,IMA these all exam help you to enter in defense

Best of luck
21st August 2010, 01:43 AM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

students of every branch has career option in defence.

but mostly students of core branch like mechanical, civil, electrical etc are selected.

so you can take civil engineering.
best of luck.
21st August 2010, 02:18 PM
richa420
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Career in defence after b.tech.? WHich branch in btech to prefer to join defence later?

frnd

during the pursuing B.Tech. u can join defence through UES (university entry scheme).U can also join defence through (EKT) engineering knowledge test conducted by indian airforce,army nd navy.

u can go in defence through any branch, but most preferable branch is Electrical,mechanical.

best of luck
21st August 2010, 03:51 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

now a days there is very good scope for the b.tech students in the field of the defence.
you can go in the defence sector in the different sector such as airforce,army as well as in navy.

and now there is more then 2 vaccancy is on the markrt so go and apply.
20th September 2010, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

career in defence for B.tech student from IT branch?
10th October 2010, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

i am the student of b.tech 3rd yr of cs branch. can i give cds exams?
3rd December 2010, 08:45 AM
Unregistered

my name is ajay nitharwal and nw i m doing b.tech frm electrical engg...frm jpr...i want to join defence after b.tech in electrical engg..please tell me about it...and also tell for entrance exam syllabus for this...and also tell about physical elligibility for this...
3rd January 2011, 02:42 AM
sonu1234

any branch can join defence there is work for everyone. if you are engineer and secured 60% marks than you directly appear for SSB interview their is no written exam.
22nd January 2011, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

what is the method for preparing ssc exam?
4th April 2011, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

i want to join indian army............now this is my 8th sem...........in IT branch.......which test is best of me.....plzzzzzz reply.....
or send ans on my mail
[email protected]
10th May 2011, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of btch comp sc. i want to join defence. what are the scope of copm sc engineers in defence?
8th June 2011, 09:04 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

hai...
Btech students can have a good opportunities in defence.You can enter the defence services through CDS(Combined Defence Service exam).Civil and Mechanical engineers find most opportunities in defence.You can join Indian airforce if you scoreabove 60% in graduation.Merchant navy is also a good option.For joining the defence you should not be more than 21 years and your eyesight must be 6/6(upto+/- 2.5 is considered).The entrance exam will be followed by an interview and physical test.
16th June 2011, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

daya: hiiii.... !! i am pursuing my b.tech 3rd year .... and willing to opt. defense field after my b.tech... so can i give UES and EKT exams nw ???? or dey r to b given after b.tech ?? if yes... den whats d procedure.... when exams r conducted ??? from where i shld get the forms ?????????
8th August 2011, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

hello sir ,
im pursuing B.E in electronics and communications ....do i have any oppurtunities in technical n research oriented job in defence ..???
5th September 2011, 09:04 PM
Unregistered

i am pursuing in BE 5th sem can i aapear for defence exams like UES,CDS,SSB,EKT etc. plz give me rply
6th September 2011, 03:04 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
After completion of B.tech , you want to join in defense , then you can go for that..
To join in defense you have to appear in exams like-
CDSE(Combined defense service exam)
UES(University entry scheme)

Eligibility for CDSE:-

For Indian Military Academy:-
*The candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.
*The age should be in between 19-24 years.

For Naval Academy:-
*The candidate must have complete the graduation in engineering field.
*The age should be in between 19-22 years.

For Air force:-
*The candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade, but must have maths and physics in 12th.
*The age should be in between 19-23 years.

These are eligibility criteria for different post through CDS exam..

Eligibility for UES:-

*The candidate must have complete the graduation in engineering field with 60% aggregate..
*The age should be in between 18-28 years.

These are eligibility criteria for UES scheme.

After clearing any of the above mention exam, you will get a call letter for the SSB..
If you able to clear the SSB , then you can join in defense..

so, go for it..

You are talking about branch in B.tech course to go for defense, then let me tell you all the engineering branch students are eligible to appear in any of these exams..
But I will suggest you to go for hard core branches like- Mechanical/electrical/Civil etc..

All the best..
6th September 2011, 08:56 AM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

If you want to know about the career after btech in defense and want to know about the various branches available

1. Go to the website
www.joinindianarmy.nic.in

2. click on OFFICER

3. then click on CAREER IN ARMY

here you can obtain the information you want

bye
10th October 2011, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i am 11th std student i want to go for defence (air force) after completing my graduation in btech biotech...is taking biotechnology a good option? ...what preparations should i do for cds exam?...my height is around 5ft 3 inch..will i get selected for it?..plz rply soon..
18th June 2013, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

I HAVE COMPLETED MY GRADUATION IN B.E-CIVIL, BUT I HAVE 55.2% IN LAST YEAR AND AGG OF ALL 4 YEARS OF ENGG IS 50% ,AND I WANT TO JOIN INDIAN ARMY ,IS I AM ELIGIBAL FOR CDSE AND UES ,PLEASE CLAER MY QUESTION ,
8th August 2013, 10:21 PM
savitha savi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my h.s percentage is 58%,i want 2 join defence after b.tech.is it possible?& which branch to prefer?please answer this!
upto 6th sem i got 58% total average.7th and 8th sem remaining.I want to join indian army because my father is also in army now he retired after compliation of 24 years in army.I have talent to do something for indian army based on education of computer science & enginering.
11th July 2014, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

Can a student after completing B.tech in food technology eligible to give any of the test CDS and UES.....plzz tell me as soon as possible
8th December 2019, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

Hi I'm pursuing Aeronautical engineering.im very eager to reach airforce as engineer,but my BMI is not matching .Have any loophole?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?