30th September 2010, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

CAT and GATE Exams Preparation Simultaneously

This is RaguRaman a Student frm Coimbatore institute Of Technology from Coimbatore TN India.I'm presently doing my eee Degree Ive a craze of doing my M.B.A and also in M.E in Space Science(specialization).. What should i go with and how can i get the better Fortune...?I am preparing for CAT (im doing my 2nd year)Can i prepare simultaneously for GATE...?and is it would be Affordable for Exams in Indian Institute Of Space Science...?Is it better to go with Indian Institute of Space Science.Or i better have a work experience over some company for an year and then do my P.G or M.S Please Suggest Me Some Valuable Decisions...

1st October 2010, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: CAT and GATE Exams Preparation Simultaneously

hello my friend let see no doubt you are a hard worker but doing simultaneously cat, n gate is vary difficult......plz i suggest you you should go for that in which you have good work experience ,,coz let u likes cat so prepare for that .....no doubt you do good in cat but wht the profit you cant reach to the excellence ......so take my advice
1st October 2010, 01:53 PM
yashwanth

hi
friend decide any one only ............
in my opinion now MBA has good life go for it.
have nice days.......
2nd October 2010, 01:45 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

My dear you are so much confused & it seems like that you want to touch the sky as soon as possible.though your ideas are very good but take some time to implement it. First make up your mind to opt either MBA or M.E in space science.To prepare for CAT & GATE is not a difficult task ,but to score better is a problem arises for you .So first get admission in one field & only after completion ,think about the another one.Its better for you to go to Indian Institute Of Space Science because once you start working ,you are getting away with your ambitions.
2nd October 2010, 06:55 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

look both exams and their pattern is very different and preparing for both cat and gate simultaneously is very difficult.
but since preparation of cat exam requires expertness and quickness in the exam whereas gate requires command over subjects.
so it would be better for you if prepare for any one as you can fuuly concentrate on it and give your best.
there is a proverb that ITS BETTER TO SAIL ON A SINGLE BOAT THAN TWO.
so think over the advice
2nd October 2010, 08:26 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii'
choose any one if ur want to xcel in any field u cant put ur legs on 2 different boats and sail..
if u want to continue ur studies go for M.TECH..
nad if u want to do manegeriual jbos choose CAT..

good luck.
23rd April 2011, 03:07 AM
Unregistered

I am 2nd year electronics and communication engineering student ,I have lot of interst in my subject studies so i a m thinking to prepare for GATE xams, but looking at the opportunities after GATE qualification i am demoralised , so i hve doubt to go for CAT xams or GATE xam
1st May 2011, 12:18 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

you are so much confused & it seems like that you want to touch the sky as soon as possible.though your ideas are very good but take some time to implement it. First make up your mind to opt either MBA or M.E in space science.To prepare for CAT & GATE is not a difficult task ,but to score better is a problem arises for you .So first get admission in one field & only after completion ,think about the another one.Its better for you to go to Indian Institute Of Space Science because once you start working ,you are getting away with your ambitions.
6th November 2011, 09:43 AM
rudramishra

for CAT INSTITUTE AT HYDERABAD NAMED IMS.IS BEST
AND FOR GAT ACE IS GOOD.
6th November 2011, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

im studying engineering 3rd yr in au college of engineering,suggest me wt to prepare either cat or gate?
7th November 2011, 08:05 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

CAT and GATE preparations simultaneously is a tough job.

I feel, you should go for the CAT exam. MBA is a better option for you. ISRO, always offers very few seats and the no. of candidates applying are very high.

You do your MBA, and it would add much more value to your career later on.

You can join any MNC and work fine . Gain experience. You can even apply abroad after gaining some experience in your work.

All the best.
7th April 2012, 11:57 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: CAT and GATE Exams Preparation Simultaneously

Hi

CAT - Common Admission Test

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Both the exams are for Post Graduate Entries. But one is purely related to technical knowledge and the other is related to the basic mathematical and English gramatical concepts.

So both the exams are diverse from each other.

Now how to prepare for them both at the same time. What I would suggest is that you make a packed time table. It would be packed because I am sure you must be college going so apart from the college time, if you devote even 2 hours each to these exam preparations and the rest for your colleges studies, internal tests etc and also time for personal works I am sure you would be all packed.

Now making a time table would mean you are bound to follow it.

Thus once you do so and follow it in the long run, then there is no looking back.

You can join some coaching also so that you can get help from there regarding the study material, concepts, short cuts etc.

Thus CAT you can give an finish with in November and then three full months you would get to brush up your GATE preparations.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
25th December 2012, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

I am a 3rd yr btech student. i am confused whether to go for gate or cat as i have a very poor family background and i also have an education loan. moreover my basics of 2 are not at all good . so i am able to choose between these two exam . irrespective of my interest i wanna support my family anyhow. plz help
8th March 2013, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

I am the student studying btech 3rd year in eee.i cant decide my self what to do? Either gate or cat.i want to do the job in future.so please suggest me the opportunities being study the individual cource seperatly
15th December 2014, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

I am first year b.tech electrical engineering student, nit patna. I request for ideas whether should I go for gate or cat coaching in later years. I at last wish to be an ias however I also wish to have a masters degree as backup.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?