19th December 2010, 11:15 PM
pankaj_kumar

Completed MCA from IGNOU : Am I Eligible for M.Tech? Is M.Tech a good option?

I completed MCA from IGNOU. Am i eligible for M.Tech?
AND IT GOOD FOR ME ARE NOT

20th December 2010, 02:03 AM
nishant1110

Default Re: Completed MCA from IGNOU : Am I Eligible for M.Tech? Is M.Tech a good option?

Yes you are eligible

Many colleges across India allow admission to MTech for MCA passed candidates. One example is cImage in Bihar

It depends on you and your condition whether it is good or not; if you want to pursue career in computers only, you can remain MCA, but if you aim for higher things including international placement you should seek MTech because chances of selection are more.
20th December 2010, 07:39 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Completed MCA from IGNOU : Am I Eligible for M.Tech? Is M.Tech a good option?

HI!

Surely, it is possible to do MTech after MCA. There are many universities which are admitting students in M.tech courses on the basis of their performance in MCA.

You can also appear in GATE exam for doing MTech from top engineering colleges.

GATE eligibility:
Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those candidates who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes are eligible for GATE.
22nd December 2010, 01:19 AM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Obviously you are eligible to get admission in M-Tech after MCA.

GATE examination would be quite good option for you to get admission in M-Tech among various prestigious universities.

As much as your well being is concerned, its totally upto you that whether you should go for M- Tech or remain with MCA. By opting for For Mtech you going to have heigher education along with changing your field.

Good Luck
14th January 2011, 10:58 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Completed MCA from IGNOU : Am I Eligible for M.Tech? Is M.Tech a good option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_kumar View Post
Dear friend,
I am very sure that you are absolutely eligible for M.tech,in all recorganised university by appearing GATE...
1st March 2011, 12:49 AM
chinudey20

You are eligible

Many colleges across India allow admission to MTech for MCA passed candidates. One example is cImage in Bihar.
17th March 2011, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

Is MCA from IGNOU or Sikkim Manipal University(distant education) eligible for taking admission in Ph.D?
Can such candidates teach in academics?
28th March 2011, 03:21 AM
Unregistered

I COMPLETED MCA IN IGNOU. ORACLE OR .NET COURSE
9th May 2011, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

I COMPLETED MY MCA FROM IGNOU. Is i eligible to take admission in phd(computer science). If yes please provide me details of colleges.
15th May 2011, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

i am 11th pass student can i do polytechnic from ignou
31st May 2011, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

I hve completed my mca from smu . am i eligible for mtech.
27th July 2011, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

IGNOU MCA students are eligible to Mtech? but at the Mtech counselling time they asked Transfer Certificate(TC). In IGNOU not provided that TC then how Join Mtech in regular university's?
9th August 2011, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

can i do mtech after msc.it or cs from ignou and what is the fee structure of it
14th September 2011, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

plz plz help me... I m btech in electronics and communication and have 4to 5 yrs experience in teaching...nw I m married and its abt 1 yr.... I am living in gulf country and there is no scope for higher studies n technical teaching as well .... I m thinking to join distance learning M.tech from india ....can anybody suggest me wot to do..and which institute is good for mtech in distance mode...my id is [email protected] help me I am in big dilema...
16th September 2011, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir i have done mca from md university rohatak can i do mca from ignou.
23rd November 2011, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;968677]IGNOU MCA students are eligible to Mtech? but at the Mtech counselling time they asked Transfer Certificate(TC). In IGNOU not provided that TC then how Join Mtech in regular university's?
24th November 2011, 12:21 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_kumar View Post
Dear Friend,
You have every chance to do M.Tech course.There are various colleges which offers M.Tech for the candidates who has passed MCA from IGNOU.You can try in the Universality like Lovely University.

The M.Tech degree will add an additional qualification and you will get more opportunity.So it will be very good for you if you want to go in the technical field.

Best Wishes.....
29th December 2011, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

sir

i have completed mca from ignou. am i eligible for joining M.Tech regular in Andhra university -andhra pradesh
29th January 2012, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

i'm persuing my b.tech i want to join for m.tech in ignou .. i do have some questions.....whats the number of intake every year.and the eligibility criteria?
23rd June 2014, 08:41 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my MTech from IGNOU.. Is it valid by other universities for doing PHD.
28th January 2020, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Right now i am doing MCA in IGNOU (open university)....Can i do Mtech in NITs or IITs after completing my MCA degree????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?