12th July 2016, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to give NDA exam after scoring 80% in class 12th?

Hello Sir, If I have scored 80% in class 12th then is it a compulsory for me to give NDA exam or I will be directly selected for further stages? Please answer as soon as possible.

15th July 2016, 06:58 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to give NDA exam after scoring 80% in class 12th?

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join NDA one has to clear NDA entrance examination which is held twice every year in two stages which includes Written examination and SSB interview respectively.

Now as you have asked about the process for getting a call for SSB interview then there is two possibility which are either by qualifying the written examination or by TES ( Technical Entry Scheme ).

As you have secured 80% aggregate in your Class 12th and looking to be called for SSB directly then you will have to apply for TES for which one needs to have at least secured 70% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics paper of higher secondary school degree.

But one thing I would like to make you clear that having managed 80% does not means a call for TES as the cut off aggregate for getting call keeps on changing as for the last year it was over 85%. So you must look to apply for NDA examination also for getting call for SSB interview.

For further details about the same you can visit the website www.upsc.gov.in
16th July 2016, 12:23 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to give NDA exam after scoring 80% in class 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, If I have scored 80% in class 12th then is it a compulsory for me to give NDA exam or I will be directly selected for further stages? Please answer as soon as possible.
NDA or National Defence Academy is a defence exam that is compulsory for all candidates who wish to be enrolled in NDA.

Though you have secured 80% marks in 10+2, but you will have to appear for NDA Exam and qualify it.

Then, only you will be admitted in any defence academy like Military, Navy or Air Force academy.

For qualifying NDA Exam, you need to clear these stages i.e.
  • Written Test
  • SSB Interview
  • Medical Test
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?