13th September 2017, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

Difference between assistant professor and JRF in Mathematical science?

What is the difference between eligible for assistant professor and JRF in Mathematical science? In my Joint CSIR-UGC NET mark statement, I have qualified JRF-UGC in Mathematical science, but in my certificate, it is eligible for assistant professor which is issued by UGC

14th September 2017, 11:47 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Difference between assistant professor and JRF in Mathematical science?

First thing I would like to let you know that CSIR-UGC NET is held for selection as JRFs ( Junior Research Fellowship ) and Assistant Professor for various universities of India.

Further the applicants applying for Assistant Professor post are exclusively eligible for their selection as Assistant professor only where as for one applying for JRFs are eligible to join as JRFs for doing research in their subject of post graduation as well as assistant professor.

Now as you have mentioned that your result for NET shows that you have qualified JRF-UGC but the certificate issued by UGC confirms your validity for your recruitment as assistant professor only which means that yes you have certainly managed to qualify the JRF-UGC but not with the marks required for joining JRFs to do research in Mathematical Science which is the subject of your post graduation degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?