2nd April 2011, 01:03 PM
ansingh

Difference between Biotechnology and Nanotechnology? What all qualifications are required to become a Microbiologist?

what is the difference between biotechnology and nanotechnology?what all qualifications do you need to become a microbiologist?

Related Questions:
  1. Which course should I opt for M.Sc among Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Nanotechnology pursuing B.Sc in Biotechnology? Career scope of Nanotechnology course?
  2. Eligibility to study M.Sc in Nanotechnology for B.Sc(Biotechnology) candidate? List of college in India?
  3. is banasthali is a good university? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What should I do after completion of graduation in Microbiology? -- [New]
  5. Which jobs can i get after studying Microbiology? Can i become a Lecturer?
  6. Can I work as a microbiologist in pharmaceutical company after MSc Biotechnology?
  7. Importance of Microbiologist? In which country or state Microbiologist are in demand?
  8. Difference between Nanotechnology and Nanophysics?
  9. What should I do to have a graduation in nanotechnology?
  10. Am I eligible to study M.Sc in Nanotechnology after completing B.Sc in Biotechnology? List of colleges with admission procedure?
  11. How to prepare for GPSC exam after B.Sc and currently pursuing M.Sc in organic Chemistry?
  12. Is it possible to do MS in Nanotechnology after doing B.Tech in Biotechnology?
  13. List of best government jobs which we can do after completion of M.Sc in Microbiology?
  14. What are the basic qualification required to join Nanotechnology course?
  15. Can I become a doctor after B.Sc biology? Can I continue studying MBBS after B.Sc or will have to start from the beginning?
  16. Is it beneficial to choose PG in Nanotechnology? What are the advantages of M.Tech in Nanotechnology?
  17. Required qualification for Bachelors degree in Biotechnology? Duration of the course?
  18. Qualifications needed to study Nanotechnology? Institutes offering Nanotechnology course in Maharashtra or anywhere in India?
29th May 2011, 05:18 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Difference between Biotechnology and Nanotechnology? What all qualifications are required to become a Microbiologist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansingh View Post
what is the difference between biotechnology and nanotechnology?what all qualifications do you need to become a microbiologist?
This is not a simple question actually but considered your question as a career related doubt and providing the information which i know.

I'm not touching any technical skills of biotechnology or nano technology all i'm going to provide is the basic over view of course structure with this you will be able to get an idea about both the courses.

here it is.

The study period for these courses is medium in biotechnology where as long in nanotechnology

The complexity of study is high in biotechnology and also high in nano technology.

the academic fees is medium with the case of biotechnology and high in nanotechnology

the competition level for admission is medium for biotechnology and high for nano technology.

the job offerings are high with biotechnology and as well as nano technology

salary and employment benefits are high in both the cases of biotechnology and nanotechnology.

future career scope is high in both the courses.

Skill required to opt these career are :-
In maths you should have a medium knowledge in the case of biotechnology and good knowledge is required in the case of biotechnology

for physics,Medium knowledge is essential in the case of biotechnology and good knowledge is required for the case of nanotechnology.

for chemistry,basic knowledge is essential for biotechnology and nanotechnology.

for biology,good knowlede is essential for both the courses

coming to computer knowledge , medium knowledge is essential in both the cases.

This is the basic overview of both the cases of biotechnology and nanotechnology

hope this post helps you better in understanding about the course.

Regards

~A~
29th May 2011, 06:32 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Default Re: Difference between Biotechnology and Nanotechnology? What all qualifications are required to become a Microbiologist?

Hello,
There is a huge deference between Biotech and Nanotech, although the common thing is research in both field.
*Biotechnology- the applied technology in biology including many disciplinary areas like computer science, physics, chemistry, biology, etc.
Its completely research based sector, applied in benefit of human life.eligibility-senior secondary school exam with min. Aggregate 50%, in PCB or maths may be in addition as subject.(there is no compulsation for maths)
*Nanotechnology-it deals with the nano particles, applying especially physics, mathematics, chemistry.
Eligibility-high school qualification with min. 60% in PCM.(compulsation maths as subject.)
Its based on 'lab on chip' phenomenon.
To get admission in microbiology, *Candidate should have qualify Senior secondary school exam with min. 50% aggregate, in PCB as subject.
Ok, best of luck.
15th December 2011, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Difference between Biotechnology and Nanotechnology? What all qualifications are required to become a Microbiologist?

what is the main difference between biotechnology and nanotechnology?
6th October 2012, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: scope of Biotech and Nonotech in which field

Scope of Biotech and Nonotech in which field and where
3rd June 2013, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

Are there good scope in biotech and nanotechnology in India ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?