29th March 2013, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

Difference between Navy and merchant Navy?

Please explain me the difference between navy & merchant navy

28th April 2013, 01:12 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Difference between Navy and merchant Navy?

Merchant Navy, as the name suggests, is the term for commercial marine services. Such commercial activities include both shipping of cargo and people across various destinations in the world. In other words, it can also be said that merchant marine activities are not indigenous or native to any one country but are spread across nations, worldwide.

Defence Navy, on the other hand refers to nations’ maritime military wing. Naval ships are those which are used at times of international crises to protect the water boundaries of a nation from getting infiltrated or attacked unduly. Every nation with a waterline has its own navy service with its own code of rules and stipulations. Thus, a career in defence navy would involve services for the respective country through duty on war ships.

Both merchant navy and defence have deals with ships. While the first one is purely commercial, the second one involves careers of high respect and skills.

Both merchant navy and navy have their own set of eligibility criteria for entering the maritime services. Individuals interested in enrolling for a career in merchant marines need to have a basic high school certification with subjects like physics, chemistry and math. Alternatively, individuals interested in applying for higher hierarchical positions need to have a graduation certification in science.
24th October 2013, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Difference between Navy and merchant Navy?

Sir,pls help me i passed with 12th science (biology) can i join to merchant navy ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?