14th March 2019, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Difference between Plant Science and Botany? Eligibility to join M.Sc Food Technology?

Can I join M.Sc Food Technology with graduation in B.Sc Plant Science? Further, what is the difference between B.Sc Plant Science and B.Sc Botany? Which has broader scope?

20th March 2019, 05:18 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Difference between Plant Science and Botany? Eligibility to join M.Sc Food Technology?

Botany includes rudimentary microbiology, bacteria, and mycology, the study of fungi.
Plant Sciences includes agriculture, Horticulture, floriculture, greenhouse management and all the aspects of actually growing plants, including soils, crop rotation crop management practices.

M.Sc. Food Technology eligibility:

Graduation with 50% marks with chemistry / biochemistry / botany / zoology / agriculture / Food Science and nutrition / Food Technology.

Some of the very reputed Universities and institutes conduct entrance examination to get admission to degree course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?