4th June 2017, 04:39 PM
pingpang

Is it difficult to score good marks in IGNOU? Is IGNOU very tough?

I am doing B.Sc from IGNOU after 3 years of my 10+2. I don't want to take any risk about my graduation & marks. I am taking IGNOU very seriously.But people are saying getting good marks from IGNOU very difficult. Is getting 70% from IGNOU very difficult, some bodies are saying it is impossible to get 70% from IGNOU.Do regular B
Sc comes with good marks?Please give some valuable tips and strategy sir Or Should I join regular B.sc

4th June 2017, 08:19 PM
help100%

Default Re: Is it difficult to score good marks in IGNOU? Is IGNOU very tough?

Normally regular course from any university is considered of much value if compared to distance course, but scoring in IGNOU is not tough, if you go through the past paper and question banks then scoring good marks is not a hurdle, but if you want a better future and degree of value then go for regular course, the college or university you will be able to learn and know much things if compared to distance course and for seeking jobs regular degree course are considered of high value and the knowledge level of your will be high as well. I would better say go for regular course if you are free to study or else if you are in a job right now or earning right now is necessary then go for distance mode.
5th June 2017, 12:14 AM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

First of all, it is wrong to say that "it is impossible to get 70% marks" in IGNOU.
The score you get is the measurement of how much you have prepared and your performance in the exam which is directly proportional to your IQ.
However, a 3 year gap may affect the performance but you can make it up to 70% in B.Sc.
And if you are already a Brilliant student, it will not be much difficult for you.

** Tips and Strategy :

* Give yourself enough time for study.

* Maintain a study routine. Be organized.

* Implement Time Management.

* Cover up the syllabus as soon as possible in order to manage time for revising and practicing previous year papers.

* regularly practice old question papers and sample papers.

* You may indulge into group study for betterment.

* Buy a Question bank and solve.

* Just before exam don't hurry and don't rush to go through the whole syllabus, just keep calm.

* Write the examination with full focus and dedication.

// BE MOTIVATED.
5th June 2017, 09:09 AM
Aafreen Kausher

If you think everything is tough!

nothing is so tough or so simple, we just make our assumptions on it. just read books provided by IGNOU and study according to the previous question papers carefully, you can pass in first attempt!

if you have written your answer in a proper manner, legible handwriting and impressive word then you'll be awarded with marks.
see if you expect getting more than 75% or 80% you might end up with just 60% marks and if you expect 50% you may even fail. so expect big and attempt big. Make a high target and try to achieve that.

so my advise is just to stat preparing on time and prepare well. It's not a bog deal to pass them. don't be too casual or don't take too lightly with IGNOU exams. you'll see questions being repeated if you look at 5 yrs question papers.

so don't worry , give exams with full preparation and positive attitude.
You can and You will !!
14th August 2017, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

See when it comes to IGNOU it's one of the top university and fully recognised...so don't believe any thing like regular courses are better for govt. Job than IGNOU distance course because there are many IAS officers ...other civil servant who had completed their graduation from IGNOU only...don't worry if you are from IGNOU you will be highly accepted for central as well as state govt. Jobs ...
9th January 2018, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

Graduation is 3 years and i am doing graduation in ignou so can you tell me minimum year i can be pass..in first attempt.. because many student are saying "in first attempt in exam you cannot be pass" they 'll take 4 years..is it true?
12th November 2018, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir can I repeat papers to carry more marks in ignou? I have already passed in the papers. But my marks are not good. Can I repeat my papers?
8th December 2018, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Who said distance degree has less value?? The person who said this is still in primitive age of education. He still contiues the notions of earlyman's
21st February 2019, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

Graduation is 3 years and i am doing graduation in ignou so can you tell me minimum year i can be pass..in first attempt.. because many student are saying "in first attempt in exam you cannot be pass" they 'll take 4 years..is it true?

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/difficult-score-good-marks-ignou-ignou-very-tough-2249515.html#ixzz5g5wGJ1A2

Not at all. Many students completes their degree on 3 years. Although many students takes it upto almost 5 years to complete. But toughness of exam is not the reason behind. Being an open university IGNOU never pressures its candidates to complete their degree within 3 years. Many students becomes too lathergic which makes them to pay extra years to complete graduation
12th July 2019, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Is IGNOU MCA course materials updated with upcoming technology or courses which were in demand in IT industry.
18th June 2020, 05:47 PM
AANSHI KAPOOR

Regular course is better than distance education and scoring good marks is not tough.
9th March 2021, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can complete in minimum 3 years and maximum 6 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?