19th December 2018, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

Do we have to take Arts stream in order to get into Indian Air Force?

I have passed my 10th board exam and about to take admission in 11th. I heard that I can get into Indian Air Force even if I take Arts stream for my intermediate. Is it true?

14th February 2019, 06:49 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Do we have to take Arts stream in order to get into Indian Air Force?

No, it is not mandatory to opt for Arts stream for your further studies after Class 10th to join Indian Air force rather by opting Arts stream you will reduce career options available for you in Indian Air force to ground duty and Airmen Y group only.

So, you can opt for Arts stream if you are interested in ground duty branch of Indian Air Force but in order to join technical branch or flying branch of Indian Airforce, you are required to have opted for Science stream with Mathematics and Physics as main subjects after your Class 10th.

For details regarding different career options available for you in Indian Airforce as per your qualification, you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?