22nd May 2011, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

Does marks secured in 10th and 12th standard affect admission to IIMs?

Does percentage in X and XII matter in get admission in iim if I got good percentage in graduation and secure good score in cat

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in IIM after scoring 6% marks in 10th standard, 66% marks in 12th standard and 59% in graduation
  2. How does 10th and 12th academics affect calls from IIMs on the basis of CAT? Can I get IIM calls at 90% marks in 10th and 75% marks in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Will any industry accept me after scoring a CGPA of 5?
  4. What is the selection process for various IIMS? I have scored 78% in 10th and 77% in 12th
  5. Am I eligible to apply for B.Tech in IIT? Can I expect admission in B.Tech Aerospace at IIT with 60% in 12th and a good JEE score next year? -- [New]
  6. Will the low percentage in 12th affect placements having secured 84% in 10th, 55% in 12th and may secure 80% in B.Tech?
  7. Whether low percentage in 11th CBSE will affect career in future?
  8. Can I take admission in 11th Bihar Board in Science department?
  9. To study in B.Sc should I take admission in any Diploma course if secured 41% in 10th?
  10. Gap between 10th and 12th will affect during campus placement of Accenture and Ericsson?
  11. How can I get admission in IIMS after passing 10th with 51%?
  12. Whether the marks of school and graduation will affect at the time of admission if secured good marks in CAT?
  13. Can I study Science in 11th standard if secured 75% in 10th CBSE?
  14. Can I eligible to get jon in Infosys having secured 76.99% in 10th, 68.44% in 12th and pursuing 4th year B.Tech?
  15. What is the procedure to follow to study B.Sc Physics abroad?
  16. Can I get admission to study Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering if secured less marks in 10th standard?
  17. Detailed eligibility to attend Off-Campus Drive of IBM, Wipro and TCS for a candidate who has secured 78% in 10th and 66% in 12th?
  18. How to pursue directly 12th without studying 11th?
22nd May 2011, 04:21 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Default Re: Does marks secured in 10th and 12th standard affect admission to IIMs?

Hello,
Yeah, you should have atleast 60% in high school exam.secondary school exams are not so, influential in case of IIM admission.
To get admission in IIM, your graduation scored percentage and CAT exam score, influence a lot.
To appear in CAT you should have min. Aggregate 60% from affiliated university, or equivalent in any stream.
CAT scores will be the deciding one to enter you in a recognised IIM in india.
Ok, best of luck.
22nd May 2011, 06:38 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does marks secured in 10th and 12th standard affect admission to IIMs?

Hello friend,
The admission process of IIM's includes the Common Admission Test-CAT, group discussion and finally an interview.
Now, to be eligible for CAT, you must be graduate and must have scored a minimum of 50% in the same. Candidates belonging to SC/ST category needs to score 45% in graduation to become eligible for CAT.
Once you qualify the test, you will be called for group discussion and interview.
Your performance in your class 10th and +2 examination might influence your interview. For an instance, if two candidates have same score in CAT and graduation and have performed equally well in the group discussion, the one with a better overall academic record will be given preference.
22nd May 2011, 11:36 PM
pradeepdeshwal3626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Does percentage in X and XII matter in get admission in iim if I got good percentage in graduation and secure good score in cat
friend,
As they have an interview which is the last of selection process.
Your performance in your class 10th and +2 examination might influence your interview. For an instance, if two candidates have same score in CAT and graduation and have performed equally well in the group discussion, the one with a better overall academic record will be given preference
23rd May 2011, 02:57 AM
sharafatalimeer

Thumbs up Re: Does marks secured in 10th and 12th standard affect admission to IIMs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
does percentage in x and xii matter in get admission in iim if i got good percentage in graduation and secure good score in cat
no, there is no any effect on admission in iim, only you should have good position in graduation and in cat/.
23rd May 2011, 07:21 PM
Sumit Ahujaa

If you want to take admission in IIMs
Firstly you should be conducted for CAT exams and you have to be graduate with minimum 50% in graduation and for SC/ST 45%.

If you pass the exam then you called for interview. And Then you will be eligible for IIMs
27th May 2011, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

does 12th standard marks affect the selection process in any top B-School other than IIMs?
31st May 2011, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

is it really necessary to take coaching while preparing for an mba course?
8th June 2011, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharafatalimeer View Post
no, there is no any effect on admission in iim, only you should have good position in graduation and in cat/.
no need of studing just enjoy
12th June 2011, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 59% in 10th and 72% in 12th if i get good score in cat and graduation then will my 12th n 10th marks affect the selection procedure
15th June 2011, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

after doing B.com can i apply for CAT and what % is needed to have admission in IIM
4th July 2011, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

I got 52% in 10 and 12 can i think for iim in my life ?
2nd September 2011, 03:04 AM
Unregistered

I have scored 46% in 10 and 2 is 54 does i think for any iim.
16th September 2011, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

i am a bca final yr student with a 1st division in 10 n 12 if i qualified in CAT then can i b able for iim??
7th October 2011, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

i have 48% marks in 12 th std. & 50% marks at graduation can i appear in CAT?
7th October 2011, 10:20 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
do not worry about this as they are not considered after you get into a degree course .They are required to get into 11th standard and to get into a course.
For getting into IIMs you need to write the CAT exam and you will get seats based on the aptitude exam.So prepare well for the exam and do your level best.
27th October 2011, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

Sir i scored 52% in X and 74% in XII. Can i get an admission in iim ?
30th October 2011, 04:15 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Hi friend,To get admission in IIM, your graduation scored percentage and CAT exam score, influence a lot.
To appear in CAT you should have min. Aggregate 60% from affiliated university, or equivalent in any stream.
Ok, best of luck.
31st October 2011, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hi marks secured on tenth and twelfth affect a little bit for getting admission into iim's
but the weightage is give more for cat percentile so no need to worry about less marks in tenth and twelfth.you cannot do anything about that completed issue so keep concentrating on cat exam you need to work hard in order to compensate for getting less marks in higher education.
27th December 2011, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

is 60% and above in degree course mandatory to get in IIM?
30th December 2011, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

i have scored 58% in 10th and 62% in 12th. Will i be able to appear in exam of cs?
10th January 2012, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

how much percentile is needed to get admission in iim laucknow
21st January 2012, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir i Have Secured 77% in 10th & 71% in 12th an 68.6 % in B.tech.......... with 2 yrs work experience in software feild.... am working hard for CAT and my teachers do keep hope in me...........but will it be fair for me to weave the dreams of IIM-A with this academic records...........
Please do reply sir
At the earlist
16th March 2012, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

Can you give me any example who has made it to the IIMS even after gettin less percentage in Xth and XIIth?
22nd March 2012, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

My 10th percentage is 68% and my 12th percentage is 54%. so can i eligible to sit for CAT exam? sir please reply.
25th March 2012, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

i have 89 in both 10th and 2
but only 60 in b tech- in IT
what percentile should i aim to get any iim or fms
--Abhinav
25th March 2012, 10:03 PM
abhinavsharma2308

sir

i got 89% in both 10 and 10+2
but due to some reasons i got only 65%
in be(IT) from PEC, a deemed University

sir, what minimum percentile should i get to crack to any iim or fms

plz reply
22nd June 2012, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum marks required in 10th,12th and gradgute to join any iim.
12th March 2013, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

how can i prepare the cat exam, is there any sollution tell me
14th July 2013, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

Will the marks of 12th affect admission to MS??
14th July 2013, 12:55 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IIM - Indian Institute of Management conducts entrance exam like CAT(Common Admission Test) for admission to 2 years post Graduate MBA(Master of Business Administration) course in IIMs after Graduation Degree.

The mark secured in 10th and 12th has nothing to do with admission to MBA course in IIMs. Only the Marks secured in Graduation level has importance for application to CAT.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Graduation Degree in any stream of education with 50% marks(45% marks for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University, can apply for CAT for admission to IIMs. There is no upper age limit for applicatiopn to CAT.

for more information you may log on to http://www.catiim.in
15th July 2013, 06:18 PM
AKP 0

To get admission in IIM, your graduation scored percentage and CAT exam score, influence a lot.

To appear in CAT you should have min. Aggregate 60% from affiliated university, or
equivalent in any stream.

15th July 2013, 06:21 PM
AKP 0

To appear in CAT you should have min. Aggregate 60% from affiliated university, or
equivalent in any stream.

15th July 2013, 11:15 PM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Does marks secured in 10th and 12th standard affect admission to IIMs?

Quote:

Hiiiii friend

Admission in IIMs involves the following procedure

1. Common Admission Test-CAT
2. Group discussion
3. Interview.

IIMs are the most precious management colleges and every marks is imporatant for admission.
To be eligible for CAT, you must be graduate and must have scored a minimum of 50% in the same.
Candidates belonging to SC/ST category needs to score 45% in graduation to become eligible for CAT.
Once you qualify the test, you will be called for group discussion and interview.
Your performance in your class 10th and +2 examination will influence your interview.

All The Best
16th July 2013, 10:09 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Full Form Of IIM is Indian Institute Of Management. Students take admission in Indian Institutes of Management to pursue MBA Course.

But Students can only get admission in IIMs by cracking the Common Admission Test [CAT].

The CAT Exam is conducted by the All India Management Association [AIMA] every year through which successful candidates get admission in IIMs for the MBA Course.

The Requisites for CAT Exam are :

* The candidate must have completed graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

* The candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in graduation if belonging to General Category.

* A Relaxation of 5% marks is given to those candidates who belong to Reserved Categories.

* There is no age limit applicable for this exam.

* There is no need that candidates must have specific percentage of marks in either 10th or 12th as they only require a pass degree.

So , you need not to worry thinking this that you should have a higher % of marks in 10th and 12th to get admission in IIM.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
23rd March 2014, 05:02 AM
Unregistered

Thank u Aryan...this helps a lot...i got 49% in 12th and 79.23% in 10th...AND I am in 2nd year of BBA...after getting good marks in grad...I guess i can prepair for the CAT...god pls dont let my 12th marks be a thing for mr to not get admission in one of the IIM...please god..
23rd March 2014, 05:10 AM
Unregistered

i got 49 in 12th and 79 in 10th so now can i get in the iim if a scored good in the cat and my university exams ?? ... and i belong to the reserved category too...thank u
23rd March 2014, 05:12 AM
kishan8487

i got 79% in 10th and 49% in 12th...i will score good % in my grad...and cat...and also i belong to the reserved category...can i get into one of the IIMs ?
16th July 2014, 02:58 AM
Unregistered

hello sir, i got 51% in 10th & 53% in 12th but this yr i have cmpleted my graduation with 59% . now i want to do cat so i am eligible to give a cat xam, so should i really go for that becoz i have read here if we get less percentage then we can face problem at the time of interview.
16th July 2014, 03:10 AM
Unregistered

hello sir, i got 51% in 10th & 53% in 12th but this yr i have cmpleted my graduation with 59% . now i want to do cat so i am eligible to give a cat xam, so should i really go for that becoz i have read here if we get less percentage then we can face problem at the time of interview.
16th July 2014, 03:19 AM
Unregistered

13th August 2014, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i am the b.com student and i have got 52%in 10th and 50% in 12th can i eligible for appearing CAT examination .

-Pradumna.
21st September 2014, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have got 57% in 10th ,55% in 12th and got score 65% in graduation
so if i get 98% in cat exam can i get the admission in iim
sir
pls reply
-AKSHAY
28th September 2014, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir I have got less than 60% in 10th and 12th
and i have got 65% in graduation .
so my question is that if i got 98% in cat exam then can i get admissi
on in iim
pls rply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?