2nd April 2011, 12:32 AM
ANUJ Sengar

Eligibility criteria for AFCAT? Is it 60% of each year or aggregate of all?

What is the eligibility criteria for afcat? Whether it is 60% in each year of graduation or it is 60% on an average?

2nd April 2011, 02:11 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for AFCAT? Is it 60% of each year or aggregate of all?

Eligibility criteria for AFCAT exam:

• Age should be between 19 to 23 years (born between 2nd Jan 1989 to 1st Jan 1993)
  • Pass certificate of graduation with 60% overall marks,and candidate should have maths,physics and chemistry in 12th standard
Visit this link for more information:

http://careerairforce.nic.in/applica...System/Men.htm
2nd April 2011, 06:44 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for AFCAT? Is it 60% of each year or aggregate of all?

It is not 60% each year. AFCAT considers the score of all the papers put together. So the score of each paper during graduation will be considered not just the final year score. The average score for all the years put together should not be below 60%. All the information will be mentioned in the application form.
2nd April 2011, 12:38 PM
cricket007
Banned

AFCAT Important Dates :

Date of Admission test – 27th March 2011
Last date of Receipt of Admission test – 22nd Feb 2011

AFCAT Eligibility Criteria For Females : This is different for different branches. The details of each branch is given below.

Ground Duty Branches – The candidates who wish to apply for this should be between 20-27 years of age. She should have the PG or Bachelor degree in any subject with at least 60% aggregate marks.
Flying Branch – The applicant should be minimum of 19 years of age and maximum of 23 years. The candidate must have the B.E / B.Tech degree or a Graduate in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks.
Technical Branch – For this, she should be of 18-28 years of age and should have done Aeronautical Engineering with minimum 60% marks.

AFCAT Eligibility Criteria For Males :

Ground Duty Branches – The candidates who wish to apply for this should be between 20-27 years of age. He should have the PG or Bachelor degree in any subject with at least 60% aggregate marks.
Flying Branch – The applicant should be minimum of 19 years of age and maximum of 23 years. The candidate must have the B.E / B.Tech degree or a Graduate in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks.
Technical Branch – For this, he should be of 18-28 years of age and should have done Aeronautical Engineering with minimum 60% marks.
2nd April 2011, 03:24 PM
asishkumar

hi..

AFCAT or Air Force Common Admission Test is conducted for the admission for the course which will be commence in January of next year for grant of Short Service Commission SSC / Regular in Technical and Ground Duty Branches for Male & Female candidates. It is necessary exam which candidates have to take for joining the Air Force. This field is a very popular these days.

AFCAT or Air Force Common Admission Test is conducted for the admission for the course which will be commence in January of next year for grant of Short Service Commission SSC / Regular in Technical and Ground Duty Branches for Male & Female candidates. It is necessary exam which candidates have to take for joining the Air Force. This field is a very popular these days. People are more attracted towards this.

AFCAT Important Dates :

Date of Admission test – 27th March 2011
Last date of Receipt of Admission test – 22nd Feb 2011

AFCAT Eligibility Criteria For Females : This is different for different branches. The details of each branch is given below.

Ground Duty Branches – The candidates who wish to apply for this should be between 20-27 years of age. She should have the PG or Bachelor degree in any subject with at least 60% aggregate marks.
Technical Branch – For this, she should be of 18-28 years of age and should have done Aeronautical Engineering with minimum 60% marks.
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria For Males :

Ground Duty Branches – The candidates who wish to apply for this should be between 20-27 years of age. He should have the PG or Bachelor degree in any subject with at least 60% aggregate marks.
Technical Branch – For this, he should be of 18-28 years of age and should have done Aeronautical Engineering with minimum 60% marks.
17th May 2011, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

I am currently in the second yr of graduation. I will be doing BSc Physics next year. But y score for the last two years has been below 60%. I wish to cover up my aggregate in the next year in order to appear for AFCAT. Thus i would like to ask you that at the end of ma graduation will i be eligilble for applying to the various courses in IAF??
28th June 2011, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

I am doing b.tech in computer science .its my final year ,but i have backs in previous semester , am i able to fulfill eligibility for AFCAT in flyingwing and technical branch ?
1st July 2011, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

am in final yr b.sc. can i apply for afcat?
9th July 2011, 05:17 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Eligibility criteria for AFCAT? Is it 60% of each year or aggregate of all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANUJ Sengar View Post
What is the eligibility criteria for afcat? Whether it is 60% in each year of graduation or it is 60% on an average?
Air force common admission test is one of the exam conducted by the
Indian Air force through which a candidate can apply for the Indian
Air force as an officer. This exam is conducted twice in a year.
To apply for this examination you need the following eligibility criteria:

Education Qualification
Candidate should be graduate in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks
and should have physics and maths at 10+2. Those appeared in the final
year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.

Age Limit
For Flying branch 19-23 years
For Ground Duty Branch 20-23 years
For Technical branch 18-28 years

For more information on AFCAT examination visit at the below web site
of Indian Air force
http://careerairforce.nic.in
9th July 2011, 06:11 PM
hardeep002

Smile Re: Eligibility criteria for AFCAT? Is it 60% of each year or aggregate of all?

its 60 perct.aggregate of all years....
thank you
9th July 2011, 08:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
AFCAT Eligibility Criteria

1.Ground Duty Branches – your age should be between 20-27 years .you hould have the PG or Bachelor degree in any subject with at least 60% aggregate marks.

2.Flying Branch – you age should be minimum of 19 years and maximum of 23 years. You must have the B.E / B.Tech degree or a Graduate in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks.

3.Technical Branch – For this, you should be of 18-28 years of age and you should have done Aeronautical Engineering with minimum 60% marks.

the graduation percent is only 60%

thanks
9th July 2011, 11:05 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
its not every year , a candidate must score 60% in overall .
age limit to appear in afcat exam 19-25yrs.
the candidate have taken in 12th class pcm.
for more details you can search in google .

good luck............
9th July 2011, 11:28 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
AFCAT(air force common admission test) is conducted by UPSC..
The eligibility criteria for AFCET
1.you must have physics ,or maths in your 12th as your main subject..

2.You have to secured 60% aggregate in all over your graduation..

Age criteria-

for different branches there are different age criteria..
For flying branch age should be in between 19-23years..
for technical branch age should be in between 18-28years..
for ground duty branch age should be in between 20-27years..

If you fulfill the criteria then you can apply for Indian air force..

All the best..

so, you just have to secure all over 60% aggregate..
if you have that then you can apply for AFCET...
20th August 2011, 04:01 PM
navin_yadav

could you please tell me how to convert current performance index(CPI) into percentage????
25th September 2011, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

SIR CAN I APPLY FOR AFCAT IN THIRD YEAR OF MY ENGINEERING.I AM A STUDENT OF MEHANICAL ENGINEERING AND I AM HAVING 60% IN PREVIOUS TWO YERAS .PLEASE HELP.
28th September 2011, 07:12 PM
ch.manoj
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Eligibility criteria for AFCAT? Is it 60% of each year or aggregate of all?

dear friend,

AFCAT(air force common admission test) is conducted by UPSC..

The eligibility criteria for AFCET

1.you must have physics ,or maths in your 12th as your main subject..

2.You have to secured 60% aggregate in all over your graduation..

Age criteria-

for different branches there are different age criteria..
For flying branch age should be in between 19-23years..
for technical branch age should be in between 18-28years..
for ground duty branch age should be in between 20-27years..

If you fulfill the criteria then you can apply for Indian air force..

All the best..

so, you just have to secure all over 60% aggregate..
if you have that then you can apply for AFCET...

good luck
31st October 2011, 06:25 PM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility criteria for AFCAT? Is it 60% of each year or aggregate of all?

Quote:

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test and it needs that you must get atleast 60% in aggregate in graduation.

Educational Qualification
  • Graduation with any stream with atleast 60% in aggregate.
  • You must have physics and maths as cumpulsory in class 12th.
  • Students who are appearing in their final exam of graduation are also eligible to appear.

Age criteria
  • For Flying branch - 19-23 years
  • For Ground Duty Branch - 20-23 years
  • For Technical branch - 18-28 years

For other details about career in airforce please visit the official website - http://careerairforce.nic.in

With Regards
rchauhan294
25th February 2012, 08:01 AM
Unregistered

I have 55% in 2.in B.E 75% can i write Afcat
27th October 2013, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

sir i have 12th in 56% and my B.E Graduation complelted 65% can i am apply AFCAT examination.
pls reply sir
21st December 2017, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

My aggregate percentage of graduation 58.13% so I eligible or not for afcat?? My background is science. In 12th I got 88% mark with pcm subject..
31st May 2019, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

I have 57% in my bsc aggregating all semesters, can i apply for afact? Will it be considered?
5th December 2019, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

in 12th i scored 59marks in physics and 73marks in math can i join flying branch if i scored above 60%in graduation please reply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?