20th January 2011, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria to apply for jobs in NTPC, BHEL and IOCL after B.E. Mechanical Engineering

hello sir
I m student of Thapar Institute.......
what is the eligibility criteria, to apply for a job of mechanical engineer in NTPC ,IOCL?
I came to know that from now gate is the condition, is it true?
please reply

Related Questions:
  1. What is the total number of seats available for recruitment of Mechanical Engineering students in NTPC, BHEL and IOCL through GATE?
  2. How to apply for summer training in PSUs like NTPC, IOCL, BHEL etc.?
  3. Can I apply for NTPC, NHDC, ONGC, IOCl, HPCL, SAIL, BHEL, GAIL?
  4. Jobs in PSU like ONGC NTPC BHEL IOCL based on GATE score?
  5. How can I apply to get job in Indian Railway, IOCL, HPCL, BHEL or SAIL being a B.Tech Mechanical Engineer?
  6. Which is better between Studying in IIT and Doing jobs in PSU's like BHEl, NTPC, IOCL?
  7. Percentage criteria to apply for Internship in BHEL/NTPC for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 2nd year student?
  8. Can i apply for government jobs like IOCL, BHEL after doing Marine Engineering?
  9. How to apply for ONGC, BHEL, NTPC, IOCL through GATE?
  10. What is the percentage required to be eligible for PSU like SAIL, BHEL, NTPC, EPIL and IOCL?
  11. Is Single exam conducted in PSU for Public Sector Recruitment or is it different exams for different organization? Which are those examinations?
  12. Eligibility criteria for BHEL and NTPC being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Engineering?
  13. Details about IES and PSU exam?
  14. How can I apply for NTPC for mechanical engineer after completing bachelor engineering in mechanical
  15. Applying for Vocational Training in IOCL or NTPC after completing B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 2nd year?
  16. Procedure to get summer training in any of DMRC, IOCL, ONGC, NTPC, BHEL, BEL, ISRO after B.tech (ECE) 3rd year?
  17. Summer training in DMRC, BHEL, ONGC, NBCC ,IOCL ,L&T, ESSAR and NTPC after 3rd year B.E (Mechanical)?
  18. What is the eligibility criteria asked for doing internship in IOCL? -- [New]
20th January 2011, 08:51 PM
srujanap

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to apply for jobs in NTPC, BHEL and IOCL after B.E. Mechanical Engineering

hi.........
For freshers (without any work experience) they ask for 65% in Degree followed by a competitive test and interview.

thank you....................
21st January 2011, 10:52 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to apply for jobs in NTPC, BHEL and IOCL after B.E. Mechanical Engineering

hi...
you should have 60% in your graduation to write the written test of these companies.
also some companies like IOCL AND BARC are calling students for interview based on their gate score,not all of them are following the procedure because companies like ONGC and NTPC conduct their own tests which has two parts,one technical and other aptitude
all the best
25th January 2011, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

hello sir.
i am a B.E student in mechanical engineering.
my 4th sem is running.
sir i would like to know what am i supposed to do for a good preparation for the interviews...
and if you can suggest me some short term courses that i can do for better.
if any advice for the oil sectors..... that will be gr8 for me...
26th January 2011, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am in b.tec. 4th sem sir what is the percent eligibility for ongc group and is there any roll of 12th percent.
27th January 2011, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

sir , i have an aggregate of 86% in 10th, 47% in 12th, 56% in Btech.. so can u plz guied me the companies to which im elegible to take up the test
29th January 2011, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

hiiiiiiiii....sir what is crieteria in bhel,ntpc....and other psu exam for st cateegory student?
2nd February 2011, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

hiiiiii.... sir i have 51% in 10th & 62% in 12th & in b.tech upto 2nd year i have 67% aggregate & now i am in b. tech 3rd year (6th) semester & i am a general student so please can u guied me the companies to which i am eligible to take up the test & i have a interest in power , can u please guide me,,,,,,,,...
3rd February 2011, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

sir, plz tell me about the age limitation for psu's like HAL .....
5th February 2011, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

What is percentage required to write ongc
18th February 2011, 01:58 AM
ashok64554

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir , i have an aggregate of 86% in 10th, 47% in 12th, 56% in Btech.. so can u plz guied me the companies to which im elegible to take up the test
ur 10th% is good bt now a days we know that 60% is compulsory
20th February 2011, 09:32 AM
mayankmadhur1403

Yeah you have heard correct thing. now the days company like NTPC, BHEL and IOCL and all other psus are giving more prefrence to gate score. if you are topper of your college and having good percentage then it will also be benifitial.
26th February 2011, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I would like to know whether IT branc is egiblible for PSU companies..?? and what is the eligibilty criteria for the exam..?
3rd March 2011, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

sir can u plz tell me if someone has a backlog but cleared it by the end of 8th sem of b.tech(mech engg) with 65percent,is he eligible to take up the written test.plz reply it's very urgent as im not a frequent net user.Can u plz reply through text msg.
my mob#09999134910.qiuck reply would be highly appreciated.
7th March 2011, 11:34 AM
harshhunny
Member+

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility criteria to apply for jobs in NTPC, BHEL and IOCL after B.E. Mechanical Engineering

Eligibility

Submission of the Application Forms for Appearing in the UGC-NET
i) BE/B.Tech/BSc(Engg) – Degree required.
ii) For final-year students, the final result of 8th sem & mark-sheets must be presented at the time of interview.
iii) Minimum cut-off % of B.Tech varies for different PSUs
Gen. Category:- 60% -70% Reserved
Category:- 50% - 60%.
iv) Some PSUs allow only present final year students & last two year pass-outs. eg NTPC.
11th March 2011, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

sir i am dc studnt does i hav any chances to get job in companies
14th March 2011, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

sir,

iam doing eee and my 6th sem is going to complete, can you say me
eligibility criteria for bhel, ongc, ntpc ? i am very much interested to
settle in power sector.so could you please update the status of that
details.
14th March 2011, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

i am msc electronics student,shall i join ntpc course?
15th March 2011, 04:15 PM
vikas9862638964

eligibility criteria for jobs in ntpc,bhel and iocl

candidate should have a graduate degree in mechnical enginearing with atleast 65%. and candidate should have a age of 21 years minimum.
4th April 2011, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligiblity for sc candidate for bhel,ntpc,iocl.
5th April 2011, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

sir iam a b.tech chemical engg student......when should i write the iocl entrance exam.or is itr enough to write gate alone....pls help me sir....my mob no is 09790153892.my mail is [email protected]
16th April 2011, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

can we go in psu interview with GATE score card?
21st April 2011, 02:32 AM
Unregistered

is 10th 12th marks is 60 percent is necessary for ntering in bhel
2nd May 2011, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am B.TECH from 2008 passout batch. I have 67% in 10th, 64% in 12th and 63% in B.TECH.
Please tell me the list of PSU's in which i am eligible.
3rd May 2011, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

hi sir i m student of o.p.jit and i want to know that bckers are eligible or not for ntpc exam...????
17th May 2011, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

sc catogories relxation in ntpc ,sail,bhel,ongc
18th May 2011, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

HI sir i am a btech student of 2nd year .i want to know what do you mean by agregrade 60% in btech
26th May 2011, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

hi, sir i am the student of final year (mechanical&production engg.) of sathyabama university chennai .can i apply for mechanical engg. job like ntpc, nhpc, bhel,sail.......:?
pls clearfy me sir. i will be got the marks like as (71% in 10th, 61%in 12th,in BE( till 3rd year73%).
28th May 2011, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Hiii sir ,,my 10th marks is 66% and 12th marks is 59.5% and 89% in B.Tech......So will i be eligible for sitting in interview...????Plzzzz reply....
31st May 2011, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

eligibility criteria to apply for jobs in ntpc,barc after btech instrumentation engineering
14th June 2011, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

are there any medical tests which a candidate who got through the interveiw of psu's like ntpc,bhel,ongc etc? if there any such tests what are they?
18th June 2011, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

hi , sir i'm 4-1 in electronics and communication engineering .I want to know whether ECE students are eligible for ntpc,bhel,ongc?.what is their eligible criteria ? I also want to know i other than PSU's in which areas i can go through??????
20th June 2011, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

hi!!!!!!!!!!!! sir i want to know that what is eligibity criteria of ntpc,sail,bhel,&other psu exam in grade(as_6.0&6.5means pointer) points for b.tech. student
23rd June 2011, 10:02 AM
kartavya99

Quote:
hello sir
I m student of Thapar Institute.......
what is the eligibility criteria, to apply for a job of mechanical engineer in NTPC ,IOCL?
I came to know that from now gate is the condition, is it true?
please reply
you should have minimum 60% for appying in NTPC, IOCL.
24th June 2011, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

name the psu's which take 60 % in b.tech
28th June 2011, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

so a person will not get a job if he or she nt having percent more than 60......if we have experince from some other companies then there is any chance of getting job in such firms
....???????????
1st July 2011, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

sir i am BE MECHANICAL with 48% in 10th,42% in 12th and 50% in be aggregate could i get the chance here
4th July 2011, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

helo sir i m subhash chandra and i m doing b-tech in 6sem.and also sc condidade.i have 60.66 in 10th,60 in 12th and 60.44 in b-tech till 6th sem.i want know what is the percent criteria for bhel,ntpc.ongc.for sc condidates
5th July 2011, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

what are the requirements to apply for ntpc,bhel jobs? do we need gate score?
5th July 2011, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii sir i m the student of diploma final yr in mec auto i want to know that the prep of interview in bhel ,ntpc ,ongc,sail.
10th July 2011, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

hi , i have just one question......is the percentage are important than knowledge? no its not. it can give u just a job.
12th July 2011, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i have 66% in 10th ,60% in 12th,86% in b.tech....Sir i want to know in which exam i should be eligible to give.please help me out....
15th July 2011, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

i m btech 4th yr student..my % is 63.23 till 3rd year ...I wnt to knw that m i eligible to apply for psu ???
15th July 2011, 10:30 PM
CHAUDHARY79

hi dear,
you should have 60% in your graduation to write the written test of these companies.
also some companies like IOCL AND BARC are calling students for interview based on their gate score,not all of them are following the procedure because companies like ONGC and NTPC conduct their own tests which has two parts,one technical and other aptitude.

thanks
19th July 2011, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

i m from electrical engg. 10th with 64.2% and 12th with 63%
can i apply for psu exams like ongc, ntpc,sail,bhel.......
can i directaly go for interview on the basis of gate marks
without any written test
24th July 2011, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

for ece,eligibility percentage
27th July 2011, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

tell me for ece branch asked above
28th July 2011, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

hiiiiiiii sir i got 59.4% in b.tech im eligible for it jobs
30th July 2011, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
sir, plz tell me about the age limitation for psu's like HAL .....
mostly 27 yr for gen.
31st July 2011, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

I AM A STUDENT OF ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING.MAY I APPLY FOR THE POST OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEER OR ELECTRONICS ENGINEER INDIVIDUALLY?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?