24th September 2017, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria to join merchant navy after completion of BCA course?

In 12th standard now, I opted for science group with general maths, physics, chemistry and computer science (2nd group). Currently, I am a BCA student, in my college, I have joined NCC naval wing. I'm an NCC cadet. After my course how can I join merchant navy.? Could you please guide me.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?
  2. Eligibility criteria to join merchant navy after completion of BCA course?
  3. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy without appearing in NDA entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria required to join Merchant Navy?
  4. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  5. Am I eligible to join merchant Navy after completion of B.Sc with 54% marks?
  6. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?
  7. What is the procedure followed to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Pharmacy? What is the criteria followed to apply?
  8. How to enter into Merchant Navy after 12th? What is the eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy?
  9. Required Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy after completion of Graduation in Mechanical Engineering?
  10. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of 12th in vocational with electrical course?
  11. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  12. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I join Merchant Navy after Graduation if I secure less than 60% marks in 12th?
  14. Percentage required in 12th Science to join Merchant Navy? -- [New]
  15. How can I join Indian Merchant Navy?
  16. Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of 10th class? How much salary I can expect after completion of this course?
  17. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of diploma course?
  18. Eligibility criteria required to join Merchant Navy? What is the Fee structure of the course?
25th September 2017, 11:18 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to join merchant navy after completion of BCA course?

Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy after completing BCA course:-

Educational qualification:-

Qualification for desk cadet on boat: 12th with Maths, Physics, Chemistry.

Age limit : below 20 years

Age relaxation for SC / ST by 5 years.

Physical requirements :-

The candidates should fit in physically and mentally.

And should have 6/6 vision.
26th September 2017, 09:48 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to join merchant navy after completion of BCA course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In 12th standard now, I opted for science group with general maths, physics, chemistry and computer science (2nd group). Currently, I am a BCA student, in my college, I have joined NCC naval wing. I'm an NCC cadet. After my course how can I join merchant navy.? Could you please guide me.

After BCA (Bachelors in Computer Application) you are not eligible to apply directly for merchant navy. If you want to join merchant navy after BCA, then you must have to go through Pre-sea training course as mentioned below:-

Pre- Sea Courses to Join Merchant Navy:-

>> 3-month pre -sea course in deck cadet.

>> 3 month pre -sea training for GP rating.

>> 4 months pre-sea course for saloon rating.

>> 1 year pre0sea diploma in nautical science.

>> STCW course.

Job Types in Merchant Navy after having Pre-Sea Training Courses:-

:- Deck cadet.

:- Radio officer.

:- Catering assistant.

:- Diver.

:- Light keeper.

:- Seaman.

:- Motormen.

Eligibility Conditions to apply for Merchant Navy:-

>> Minimum qualification required to apply for above mentioned pre- sea training courses is 10+2 in science stream with Physics, Chemistry, Math's subjects from government recognized institute.

>> Age limit to apply for merchant navy is 16 to 25 years.

>> For merchant navy your eye sight must be good that is 6/6 and free from any kind of eye defect like colour blindness and Night blindness.

>> Applicant for merchant navy must be physically and mentally fit.

>> Applicant must be eligible to apply for Indian passport.
22nd August 2020, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Can i join merchant navy after bca
12th September 2020, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

Why degree BCA course not eligible merchant navy
16th October 2020, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

I have done 12th Science(PCM) and I'm now pursuing BCA 2nd year so can I join in merchant Navy as for this condition or I have to complete BCA degree....
2nd November 2020, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

Can I join merchant navy after degree BCA group
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?