3rd March 2011, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for DRDO exam after 60% marks in B.Tech?

sir,
I am Madhavi I completed my B.tech with 60% sir.sir did i am eligible for the drdo written with 60% .kindly give ur rply sir

4th March 2011, 12:19 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for DRDO exam after 60% marks in B.Tech?

the notification for scientist entry test in DRDO is not published yet. generally the eligibility criterion to appear in DRDO examination is candidate should have minimum of 60% marks in 10th and 12th and in B.Tech candidate should have 6.75 CGPA. the upper age limit to appear in DRDO examination is 28years. there are relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

here i am attaching the notification for scientist entry test by DRDO 2009. go through the attachment to get the other eligibility criterion and other details.

http://www.drdo.org
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DRDO set09.pdf(444.3 KB, 534 views)
4th March 2011, 08:11 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

MINIMUM 60% marks in 10th and 12th and in B.Tech candidate should have 6.75 CGPA. the upper age limit to appear in DRDO examination is 28years. there are relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidate.(5%)
4th March 2011, 08:36 AM
mishra245

Candidates appearing in the final examination (final semester) may also apply.
Note : If a class/division is not awarded at B.E./B.Tech or equivalent degree, a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or 6.75 CGPA shall be considered equivalent for grade points on a ten point scale
4th March 2011, 09:45 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello,

Eligibility for DRDO exam after 60% marks in B.Tech. are as follows: -

1. Pass B.E. or B.Tech or equivalent degree in Electronics & Communication Engg. or Mechanical Engg. or Computer Science Engg. or Chemical Engg. or Electrical Engg. with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks from a recognized Institute / University.

2. Nationality - Indian

3. Age - 21 Years to 30 Years

A candidates appearing in the final year may also apply.

For more details visit DRDO official website.

Good Luck
4th March 2011, 10:13 AM
mannubhu1

Eligibility for DRDO are-

QUALIFICATION-

Atleast first class Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology in Electronics & Communication Engg / Mechanical Engg / Computer Science & Engg/ Chemical Engg/ Electrical Engg from a recognized University in respective/relevant discipline.

Note : If a class/division is not awarded at B.E./B.Tech or equivalent degree, a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or 6.75 CGPA shall be considered equivalent for grade points on a ten point scale.

Age relaxation: Maximum relaxation in upper age limit will be as under:-

i) Upto 05 years in case of SC/ST candidates
ii) Upto 03 years in case of OBC candidates
iii) Upto 05 years for Physically Handicapped Persons (10 years for SC/ST and 08 years for OBC candidates) in identified disciplines even if no posts are reserved for them in these areas.
iv) In case of Ex-serviceman, services rendered in the armed forces plus 3 years

So, you are eligible as you have mentioned that you have obtained 60% in B.TECH.
4th March 2011, 10:26 AM
omprakash sharma

Hi,
the notification for scientist entry test in DRDO is not published yet. generally the eligibility criterion to appear in DRDO examination is candidate should have minimum of 60% marks in 10th and 12th and in B.Tech candidate should have 6.75 CGPA. the upper age limit to appear in DRDO examination is 28years. there are relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

here i am attaching the notification for scientist entry test by DRDO 2009. go through the attachment to get the other eligibility criterion and other details.

4th March 2011, 11:02 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Eligibility and Educational Qualification for DRDO exam:
Atleast first class Bachelor's degree(60%) in Engineering or Technology in Electronics & Communication Engg / Mechanical Engg / Computer Science & Engg/ Chemical Engg/ Electrical Engg from a recognized University in respective/relevant discipline.

Note : If a class/division is not awarded at B.E./B.Tech or equivalent degree, a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or 6.75 CGPA shall be considered equivalent for grade points on a ten point scale.

Age Limit : 28 years

For more details:www.drdo.org

regards

Kapila
4th March 2011, 03:07 PM
wagle
Senior Member+

Qualification

Atleast first class Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology in Electronics & Communication Engg / Mechanical Engg / Computer Science & Engg/ Chemical Engg/ Electrical Engg from a recognized University in respective/relevant discipline.

Age relaxation: Maximum relaxation in upper age limit will be as under:-

iii) Upto 05 years for Physically Handicapped Persons (10 years for SC/ST and 08 years for OBC candidates) in identified disciplines even if no posts are reserved for them in these areas.
iv) In case of Ex-serviceman, services rendered in the armed forces plus 3 years

Nationality

Only Indian nationals need apply.

Candidates appearing in the final examination (final semester) may also apply.
4th March 2011, 03:25 PM
yogs.singh

DEFENSE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ORGANISATION (DRDO)

YES YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE EXAM

Eligibility Criteria:

• Any graduate in Engineering/ Medicine / Agriculture or Post Graduate in Science can apply for this reputed course offered by the University.

• Candidates who have studied under 10+2 +4 pattern or 10+2 +3+2 pattern can apply for this programme.

Selection Criteria:

• Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of Entrance Examination conducted by the University.

Important Dates:

• Last date for submission of completed application forms: May, 2011

How to Apply:

• Application forms can be obtained in person or by post from the registrar on payment of Rs 300/- through a DD dated not earlier than April 15, 2011 drawn in favour of Registrar, Bharathiar University payable at Coimbatore.

• The application form can also be downloaded from

www.b-u.ac.in
4th March 2011, 08:16 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for DRDO exam after 60% marks in B.Tech?

There Are Various Posts In Which You Can Apply For DRDO Exams.

So, The Eligiblity Creteria Are Vary From Post To Post. But Graduation form Science And Engineering Are the Eligiblity To Apply for DRDO Examination.

So, If You Have Completed Your Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology in any Stream With Atleast 60% Marks, Then You Are Eligible to Apply for DRDO Examination.

OR

Atleast You Should Have first class Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology in Electronics & Communication Engg, Mechanical Engg, Computer Science & Engg, Chemical Engg, Electrical Engg. from a Recognized University.

And The Candidates Appearing in the Final Examination May Also Eligible To Apply For DRDO Examination.

So, You Have Completed Your Engineering Course With 60% Marks, Then You Are Eligible to Apply for DRDO Examination. And If You Are Interested To Get More Information, Then Please Visit the Official Website -

4th March 2011, 08:59 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

DRDO recruit engineers for various posts & the eligibility criteria varies from post to post.
You have not mentioned the name of the post for which you wish to apply.

As a BTech graduate you can apply for the post of Senior technical assistant or scientists engineer (recruitment is done through SET exam) etc.

Generally the eligibility criteria for these posts is:

Educational qualification - Candidate should have obtained minimum 60% marks in BTech.

Age limit - Maximum age limit for SET exam is 28 years.

For details visit: www.drdo.org
4th March 2011, 09:31 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

The notification for scientist entry test in DRDO is not published yet. G

Generally the eligibility criterion to appear in DRDO examination is candidate should have minimum of 60% marks in 10th and 12th and in B.Tech candidate should have 6.75 CGPA. the upper age limit to appear in DRDO examination is 28years. there are relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidate.
4th March 2011, 11:56 PM
Arvi.S

If a class/division is not awarded at B.E./B.Tech or equivalent degree, a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or 6.75 CGPA shall be considered equivalent for grade points on a ten point scale.

Selection procedure :
Candidates will be required to appear for the DRDO SET of three hours duration.
Each candidate appearing for the Test will be given one Question Booklet containing objective type questions.
Each booklet will have two sections.

Section A : will consist of 100 questions to test the candidates knowledge in the subject as per syllabus. Each question will have 4 choices one of which will be correct. Each correct answer will fetch 4 marks and for each incorrect answer 1 mark will be deducted.

Section B :will consist of 50 questions to test the candidate?s aptitude relevant to Applied Research & Development. The standard of Section B will be such as may be expected from Engineering Graduates. Each question will have 4 choices one of which will be correct. Each correct answer will fetch 2 marks and for each incorrect answer 1/2 mark will be deducted.

The merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained by the candidates in Section A and Section B and this list will be used for short listing the candidates t be called for interview purely on merit basis limited to a reasonable number and subject to minimum qualifying criteria as decided by RAC.
4th March 2011, 11:59 PM
Arvi.S

Eligibility Criteria For IAS

(i) Age limits :
21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification (Para 3(iii) of Notice).

Number of attempts
The maximum number of attempts restriction is effective from the examination held in 1984. In case other eligibility conditions apply:

General candidates: four attempts.
Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates: No restriction.
Other Backward Classes: seven attempts.
5th March 2011, 12:16 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: Eligibility for DRDO exam after 60% marks in B.Tech?

DRDO In a Glance !!

Quote:
sir, I am Madhavi I completed my B.tech with 60% sir.sir did i am eligible for the drdo written with 60% .kindly give ur rply sir
DRDO is a Entry for Scientist and Research, Only Few Branches are Eliigble. they are Electronics and telecommunication, Mechanical , Computer Science , Electrical and Checmical Engineering from a Recognized University.

Note* Only students who has Secured 60% in their B.E/B.Tech are Eligible, those who have 10 point system, they must have 6.75 CGPA.

Age is Relaxed for SC/ST upto 5 years, For OBC 3 years and again 5 years for PH candidates.

Being a B.tech with 60%,Definitely You are Eligible to write DRDO Exam. Good Luck for your Exam start preparing for it.
5th March 2011, 12:39 AM
kanikabansal22aug

Hello

DRDO conducts Campus Selection in all institutions having intake through IIT system, IISc Bangalore, National Institutes of Technology(Regional Engineering Colleges) and Central Universities viz. Delhi University (DCE, NSIT), Aligarh Muslim University, Jamia Millia Islamia University, Allahabad Univesity, Tezpur University, North Eastern Hill University(Shillong, Meghalaya) . Depending on the requirements every year, selection is made in different subjects normally during July-December.

Final year/ pre-final year student of BE/BTech/BSc (Engineering) who have cleared all papers and secured First Class or equivalent CGPA (with minimum 65% marks(7.25 CGPA) for UR or 60% marks(6.75 CGPA) for SC/ST/OBC or equivalent) in aggregate upto the last semester are called for interview in their respective disciplines.

Selection letters are issued to the highly meritorious candidates in Electronic, Mechanical and Computer Science field on the spot as recommended by the Campus Selection Committee.

So judge yourself whether you are a part of relaxation or not.Otherwise it would create problem for you.

All the best.
5th March 2011, 06:24 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

DRDO is basically an entrance exam for entry into scientific and research works.the students of all branches are not allowed.Only The students of branches Chemical,Electronic and tellicommunication,Mechanical,electrical,C.S.E are allowed to sit in this exam. There is a 5 year age relaxation for SC/ST/PD candidatd and 3 years for OBC candidates .according to eligibility criteria,it is mandatory to get atleast 60% or 6.75 in 10 point system in b.tech/B.e .since you have got 60% in your b.tech .Hence you are eligible to apply for DRDO. start preparing from now.
5th March 2011, 10:31 AM
Arvi.S

Qualification

Age Limit : 28 years

Pay Scale : Rs.15600-39100 , Grade Pay : Rs. 5400

Age relaxation:
Maximum relaxation in upper age limit will be as under:-

Nationality
Only Indian nationals need apply.

Candidates appearing in the final examination (final semester) may also apply. However, candidates found eligible for interview, will be allowed to appear for the same if their final results is declared before 31st Aug 2009.
5th March 2011, 06:42 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

DRDO scientist entry test in DRDO is not published yet.
The eligibility criterion
minimum of 60% marks in 10th and 12th and in B.Tech candidate should have 6.75 CGPA. the upper age limit to appear in DRDO examination is 28years. there are relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

if you have 60% minimum in 10th 12th as well
you can surely appear for DRDO.
17th March 2011, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

drdo set application dates
22nd March 2011, 02:50 AM
amlendu
Senior Member++

hi,

Eligibility for DRDO exam after 60% marks in B.Tech. are as follows: -

1. Pass B.E. or B.Tech or equivalent degree in Electronics & Communication Engg. or Mechanical Engg. or Computer Science Engg. or Chemical Engg. or Electrical Engg. with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks from a recognized Institute / University.

2. Nationality - Indian

3. Age - 21 Years to 30 Years

A candidates appearing in the final year may also apply.

For more details visit DRDO official website.
thank
18th April 2011, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

when will the result of drdo interview be declared,that was held on 10 march,2011 in chhatisgarh.i have done b.tech with electronics and communication branch,and for the same i hv applied for interview.?
24th April 2011, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

drdo set 2011 application notificatiom
26th April 2011, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

sir i have got 85%in my b.tech and 70%in 10th but i got just 50%in 12th from staste board.am i noy eligible for d.r.d.o
1st May 2011, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am Anil im now pursuing btech degree n i would like to know the exam dates of DRDO held every year.please knowledge me about the branches in it n the syllabus.
16th June 2011, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

sir,
i am naresh and my 10th &12th percentage is 55% ,61% and b.tech with 62% SO PLZ tell me i am eligible for DRDO exam
28th April 2012, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

i am pawan and my 10th & 12th percentage is 60.06% , 59.6%, and btech with 70% so plz tell me i m eligible for drdo exam ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?