31st January 2011, 11:29 PM
md.shahkhalid

Eligibility for IAS exam after B.Sc (IT) with Distance education? How to apply and syllabus for the exam?

my name is shah.i m graduate with information technology (B.Sc.IT)from sikkim manipal university (Distance education )
i want 2 know ,can i eligible for IAS ,if yes
how can appear for this exam ?
what r the basic syllabus for this ?
what is examination carteria of this exam

Related Questions:
  1. What is IAS entrance exam eligibility?
  2. Can I apply for UPSC IAS exam after completion of distance BCA? -- [New]
  3. Can I apply for IAS exam after scoring 50% in BCA and 60% in MCA through distance education?
  4. Am i eligible to apply for IAS exam? I have done BSc IT from Sikkim Manipal University in distance learning mode
  5. Am I eligible for IAS exam after completing BSc in Kuvempu University
  6. Am I eligible to appear for level exam while doing BSc Maths from Annamalai University through distance education?
  7. Am I eligible for SSC graduate level exam after doing BSc maths from Annamalai University through distance education?
  8. Can a BBA(Distance) candidate apply for IAS exam? Are only degree holders from Indian Universities eligible for IAS?
  9. Can I be eligible for IAS exam after doing B.A in distance education?
  10. Can I be eligible for IAS exam after doing B.A in distance education?
  11. Distance education degree holder can apply for government jobs?
  12. Can I apply for CSIR-NET after distance exam in M.Sc.? What is the syllabus for the exam?
  13. Can I apply for IAS having completed my Graduation through Distance Education?
  14. Can Graduates through distance education apply for DO exam?
  15. Can I be eligible to apply for IAS or IPS after completing degree in distance education
  16. Can I apply for IAS exam through my distance certificate of BSc Radiology(Lateral)?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D entrance exam if I have done M.Sc IT from distance education?
  18. Can I get a job in ISRO or any bachelor astronomy course after completion of distance education in BSc Physics?
4th February 2011, 04:47 PM
Ankur agrawal

Default Re: Eligibility for IAS exam after B.Sc (IT) with Distance education? How to apply and syllabus for the exam?

For application of that perticular exam just u pass any graduation , you done B.sc. its ok..
For apply the IAS exam every year gov. publish the form till march u can apply..
the basic syllabus of this exam is

1.General knowledge
2.English
3.Matamatics
4. Civis or law knowledge

Basic paper cut off is decided by the gk paper and maths paper and some par tof english and indian laws or ruls or plitical science.......
4th February 2011, 04:49 PM
Ankur agrawal

Default Re: Eligibility for IAS exam after B.Sc (IT) with Distance education? How to apply and syllabus for the exam?

And th query related to carteria is no carteria is applicable you just cross 18 age and graduate any one subject just is .....

Good luck for ur future.......
5th February 2011, 12:21 AM
khan2003

Dear friend, you have to follow the following eligibility for IAS:

Education quali.= 10+2+3, i.e graduate with 50% marks.

Age limit= 21-30 years, relaxation for OBC, SC AND ST.

Maximum attempts= 4 for general, 7 for OBC and no limit for ST/SC

so dear you are eligible for IAS
5th February 2011, 04:30 AM
akki89

Quote:
Originally Posted by md.shahkhalid View Post
my name is shah.i m graduate with information technology (B.Sc.IT)from sikkim manipal university (Distance education )
i want 2 know ,can i eligible for IAS ,if yes
how can appear for this exam ?
what r the basic syllabus for this ?
what is examination carteria of this exam
Dear friend,

The educational qualification required for IAS examination or civil services
examination is graduation degree from any government of India recognized
university.
As you mentioned that you have done B.Sc.(IT) from SMU you are eligible
for the examination because distance education from SMU is approved by
UGC of India.

To apply for the examination you should visit the UPSC website which is the
authority for this examination. www.upsc.gov.in

The age limit to be eligible for the examination is
21-30 years for GEN candidates
21-33 years for OBC candidates
21-35 years for SC/ST candidates

The syllabus for the examination and other details is available on the UPSC website.

Best wishes
13th February 2011, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

What if my educational qualification is in the order of 10 3 2.? Am I eligible for IAS..?
17th February 2011, 06:04 AM
Unregistered

is Eligibility for IAS exam after B.c.a with Distance education?
17th February 2011, 06:32 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility for IAS exam after B.c.a with Distance education?
23rd February 2011, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

I completed my bsc cs in second attempt.am I eligible for Ias or Ips Exam.Or suggest some other exams.
27th February 2011, 09:05 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Eligibility conditions for IAS:
Age limits: Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on 1st August, 2011
The upper age limit is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC and certain other categories of candidates to the extent specified in the notice
Educational qualifications: Degree of a recognized university or an equivalent qualification
Physical standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to the regulations given in the appendix-III of rules for the civil services examination, 2011 published in the gazette of India extraordinary dated 19th February, 2011
Number of attempts: The maximum number of attempts permissible to different categories of aspirants, who are otherwise eligible, will be as follows
General category (04); P.H. candidates belonging to general category (07); OBC (07); SC/ST/ (no limit)

********UPSC IAS EXAM 2011********

· Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
· Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.
Date of Notification: 19.02.2011
Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 21.03.2011
Date of Exam: 12.06.2011

For complete detailshttp://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
Kapila ChaudharyJ

15th May 2011, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for IAS exam after completing my B.sc. With P.C.M.
16th May 2011, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

sir ,
i have done b.sc IT from kuvempu university ,shimoga.
can i take subjects as
1. mathematics(optional)
2.physics(optional)
3.general knowledge
4.english
4th June 2011, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

How much percetage in HSC for IAS
8th June 2011, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for IAS exam after Bca with distance education? How to apply and syllabus for the exam?
How much percentage HSC for IAS..............
22nd June 2011, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

I pursuing B.Sc. from IGNOU distance learning programe. Am I eligible for IAS exam.
26th June 2011, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,

I completed my bba in distance education(Tamilnadu Univercity) after 10th . am I eligible for Ias or Ips Exam.Or suggest some other exams
1st July 2011, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

My birth date is 03/11/1974 and MA, which exam is suitable for me eqvt. to IAS ?;May I opt for UPSC ?
Suhas Pawar,[email protected]
1st July 2011, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

How do I find the reply from your end ?
1st July 2011, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

For making career of IAS what can I do after SSC ?
16th July 2011, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for ias after completing b.sc physics in distance mode?
23rd August 2011, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I have completed my diploma in EEE and BSC IT from annamalai univ. through distance education. Is this eligible to apply for IAS.
25th August 2011, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

i have drop out for 2years,now i am in sy.bsc.it,so after completing my ty.bsc.it,can i apply for ias exam
12th September 2011, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

Every body can apply for IAS & IPS........ GOOD LUCK
21st February 2012, 11:56 PM
sarmee008

Hi,
I have completed my THREE YEARS diploma in civil after HSC and BBA(LATERAL ENTRY) from annamalai univ. through distance education. Is this eligible to apply for CIVL SERVICES EXAM.REPLY MUST.MAY BE THIS REPLY ALSO TO CHANGE OF MY CAREER MY DEAR FRIENDS.if yes any Reference for that Government order Copy please sent my mail id [email protected]
2nd June 2012, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

i done bsc in information technology from dde kuvempu university shimoga then can i elligble for ias exam .
22nd June 2012, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

hi sir,am gokul i did my bca in 2010 but i had my backlogs and i had cleared it in 2011 ,am i elegible to apply upsc exam
22nd June 2012, 11:01 PM
guruvana244

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services and to become IAS Officer you have to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination (CSE).

This examination is Conducted by UPSC Every year and this examination is Conducted into 2 stages :

>> Preliminary examination
>> Main examination.

But to apply for this examination, you Have to complete your Graduate degree course first and then you are eligible to apply for UPSC CSE. Graduation is the minimum Eligiblity criteria to apply for this examination.

Final year graduate candidates are also apply for this examination.

So, If you have completed your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University, then you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services examination.

To apply for this examination, your age should between 21 to 30 Years. Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

So, If you have completed your Graduate degree course in Dentist then definitely you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

The Notification of this examination will be going to Published soon in the Month of February 2012 and the last date of apply for this examination is 05/March/2012.

The examination is Conducted on 20/May/2012 (Preliminary examination).

Firstly, you have to cracked the Preliminary examination and then you are eligible to appear for Main examination.

Here I am Providing you the syllabus and Pattern of UPSC Civil services examination, So please check the given pattern and then Prepare well for this examination and If you need more Information then please check official website of UPSC :

http://upsc.gov.in
17th July 2012, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

i have completed bsc(PMCs) from kuvempu university,shimoga.am i eligible for IAS examination?
17th July 2012, 06:23 PM
priyankasree

Minimum Qualification

Candidate should be Graduate in any discipline from recognized university.

Number of Attempt

General - 4 attempt

OBC - 7 Attempt

SC/ST - No limit on number of attempt

Age Limit

General - 21 to 30 yrs

OBC - 21 to 33 yrs

SC/ST - 21 to 35 yrs

Physical Standard

Candidate should be physically fit

Fee

50/-

How to apply

candiadte are required to apply online by using website http://www.upsconline.nic.in

IAS(Civil Service Exam) has three stages:

>>Preliminary Exam

>>Main Exam

>>Personal Interview

Structure & Pattern of Preliminary Exam:

Books for IAS Examination :-

IAS preliminary (General Studies) with CSAT Solved Question papers by Expert Compilation

IAS preliminary Date Interpretation and Data Sufficiency by Upsc Portal

IAS preliminary Current Affairs by S.A Majid

IAS Preliminary English Grammar and Usage by UPSC Portal

IAS preliminary Indian Policy for Civil Service Examination by Sachchida Nand Jha

IAS Main Examination General Studies with Solved Question papers by Sachchida Nand Jha

>> IAS - CSAT ( Paper 1 and 2 ) in English by Practice Guru

>> Guide to UPSC Civil Service Examination by GKP

>> Topper's Tips IAS Examination by S. Nagarajan / S.Sundar Rajan

>> IAS Civil Service Examination by GKP

>> CSAT Civil Service Aptitude Test by Chardresh Agarwal

For more info,
www.upsc.gov.in
1st August 2013, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

sir, i done 10th 3 year engineering (polytechnic) lateral entry in 3rd semester in BS.C I.T from Punjab Technical University distance but regular classes in learning center. " may i eligible to apply I.A.S exam after completion my BS.C I.T " kindly give answer and also advise to my bright future.<DHARMENDRA SINGH>
25th September 2013, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

i did BA english in distance education .as i eligible for ias exam
26th September 2013, 10:24 AM
shah.meet92

yes , you are eligible for application of that perticular exam . for apply the IAS exam every year gov. publish
the form till march u can apply..
the basic syllabus of this exam is
1.General knowledge
2.English
3.Matamatics
4. Civis or law knowledge
Basic paper cut off is decided by the general knowledge paper and maths paper and
indian laws or ruls or plitical science.......etc.
all the best...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?