29th September 2018, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to register for CSIR-NET December session for a candidate who has backlog in MSc 1st semester?

Dear Sir/Madam, I want to register for CSIR-NET for December session. But I had a backlog of 1st semester of MSc course. So, I am eligible to register for CSIR-NET of December session? Please help me to know about this asap.

30th September 2018, 02:28 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to register for CSIR-NET December session for a candidate who has backlog in MSc 1st semester?

The full form of CSIR NET is Council for Scientific and Industrial Research National Eligibility Test.

Eligibility criteria for CSIR NET exam:

1. You must have done master's degree from a recognized university. Minimum of 55% marks is required to apply for NET exam.

2. For final year post graduation candidates, there must not be any pending backlogs.

You can not apply for CSIR NET exam with backlogs.
30th September 2018, 03:40 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility to register for CSIR-NET December session for a candidate who has backlog in MSc 1st semester?

The minimum education required to appear in CSIR NET is a master's degree in concerned subject with at least 55 marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5 is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, having get backlog in the first semester of your M.Sc. degree, you are eligible for appearing in the CSIR NET unless you clear your all backlogs in the same degree and manage to secure minimum specified marks.

For more details regarding CSIR NET eligibility, you can refer to the link http://59.163.216.84:8080/new_jrf/.
30th September 2018, 03:43 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The minimum education required to appear in CSIR NET is a master's degree in concerned subject with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, having get backlog in the first semester of your M.Sc. degree, you are eligible for appearing in the CSIR NET unless you clear your all backlogs in the same degree and manage to secure minimum specified marks.

For more details regarding CSIR NET eligibility, you can refer to the link http://59.163.216.84:8080/new_jrf/.
30th September 2018, 05:41 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can not register for CSIR National Eligibility Test after having a backlog in 1st semester of Master of Science course.

Only those candidates who have passed Master of Science course or appearing for final semester with no backlogs can apply for this examination.

Minimum percentage of marks required is 55% in M.Sc course.
30th September 2018, 06:32 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

The eligibility criteria to apply for CSIR NET December exam:

~~Master's degree in Science from a recognized university with minimum of 55% marks in this degree.

~~No standing backlogs for M.Sc pursuing candidates.

You can not apply for CSIR NET exam with one backlog.
30th September 2018, 07:21 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

The eligibility criteria to register for CSIR NET exam is master's degree passed in science with minimum of 55% marks.

You are not eligible for CSIR NET December exam because you have only backlog in master's degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?