25th August 2018, 08:52 AM
Shayani Das

Eligibility to study BSc(Psychology) for 12th Science without Maths student?

Hello Sir/Madam, I am a Science student but I don't have Maths. I want to study Psychology after completed my 12th. So, am I eligible to do BSc course in Psychology after completing my 12th? Kindly tell me immediately.

29th August 2018, 09:46 PM
sha2nk90

Default Re: Eligibility to study BSc(Psychology) for 12th Science without Maths student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayani Das View Post
Hello Sir/Madam, I am a Science student but I don't have Maths. I want to study Psychology after completed my 12th. So, am I eligible to do BSc course in Psychology after completing my 12th? Kindly tell me immediately.
The education qualification for getting admission to B.sc in Phychology is 10+2. There is no as such compulsion of the stream, you have studied in 10+2, any stream either PCM or PCB will do for you.

Some college/universities take admission test for granting admission to the course while some grant admission on the basis of marks in 10+2. You need to check with the college how they grant admission and apply for the course accordingly.
31st August 2018, 09:05 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to study BSc(Psychology) for 12th Science without Maths student?

The basic eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Science in Psychology:

Academic qualification: 12th passed or its equivalent from a recognized board. You must have minimum of 50% marks or more in 12th.

Science stream students without studying mathematics can apply for B.Sc in Psychology from a recognized university.
31st August 2018, 09:16 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> B.Sc. Psychology or Bachelor of Science in Psychology is an undergraduate Psychology course.

=> The duration of this course is three years.

=> For this course candidate should have passed 12th class in science stream from a recognized board.

=> As per my knowledge, you are eligible to get admission in this course without having mathematics in your 12th class.
31st August 2018, 01:44 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to pursue graduation in Psychology even after completing 12th from Science stream.
There will be no any issue regarding subject selection so no need to worry.
You must have all documents along with at the time of admission.
There is no any particular age to get admission.
1st June 2021, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I am currently choosing my subjects for fyjc and I am wanting to take B.Sc psychology in a good university, I am very unsure on is a compulsion to take maths in my 12th to be eligible for the entrance exam for a university like University of Manipal college?
Please help
6th May 2022, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

Hi madam/sir .
I am a science student with the low mark for maths and would like to study psychology since I completed my 12th grade
3rd July 2023, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

Hi mam/sir
I'm having the same doubt whether I can take BSc psychology without maths in 2023
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?