30th June 2012, 06:47 PM
sushmithasush

Which has a greater scope in India between Clinical and Industrial Psychology? What is the salary? I am studying MSc Psychology

Hi i'm studying Ms c psychology i have to choose specialization may i know which as greater scope in India clinical or industrial psychology with salary and other detail please i will be thankful to you people if i receive answer soon

Thank you

30th June 2012, 10:05 PM
kutti.29
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which has a greater scope in India between Clinical and Industrial Psychology? What is the salary? I am studying MSc Psychology

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushmithasush View Post
Hi i'm studying Ms c psychology i have to choose specialization may i know which as greater scope in India clinical or industrial psychology with salary and other detail please i will be thankful to you people if i receive answer soon

Thank you
Industrial Psychology

Industrial psychology has a very wide and expansive scope. Its emergence was most felt after World War I, a time in world history when the study of psychology was beginning to emerge and...

clinical Psychology

it has decent scope in india in terms of pay packages as well but to pursue the career of a psychologist, one should have a genuine desire to help other human beings o/w the degree might go in vain .

The highest- paying position is for psychologists having M.Phil and Ph.D degree. Remunerations in the corporate sector are the highest, though salaries vary according to the level of involvement and the job profile.
At the entry level the remuneration varies approximately from Rs. 5000/- to Rs.8000/-. Established consultants can earn at an average between Rs.8000 to Rs.10,000 or even more. Those are in private practice have much more earnings.

Clinical Psychologists work in counseling centers, independent or group practices, hospitals, community health centers or clinics. They help mentally and emotionally disturbed clients adjust to life and may help medical and surgical patients deal with illnesses or injuries. Areas of specialization within clinical psychology include health psychology, neuro psychology, and gero psychology.

no, your degree will not be wasted . M.A. students offered jobs in different specializations and MBBS students in different . SO , they cannot be compared.
they offered specializations in educational,social,counselling,industrial psychologies whereas you can do all sorts of courses including above and clinical,research,development as well.

so, don't worry about it.

definitely!!!! , you are eligible for it .The course will be of 2 yrs. duration .
so, if you want to go for it , than go for it !!!

some of the good colleges for pursuing the course are :

~M.S. (Maharaja Sayajirao) University of Baroda : Faculty of Education and Psychology, Vadodara( Gujarat )

~Bangalore University, Bangalore( Karnataka )

~Gurunanak Dev University, Amritsar( Punjab )

8th October 2012, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which has a greater scope in India between Clinical and Industrial Psychology? What is the salary? I am studying MSc Psychology

WHAT IS SCOPE OF APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY IN PAKISTAN
11th October 2012, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

hi
i am doing my btech in biotechnology but sumhow want to pursue the field of psychology after graduation.is it a fair decision and which degree would be the best to do masters in psychology for a decent job in this filed?
9th December 2012, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

What kind of designations can student hold. immediately after master degree in industrial psychology? and how exactly we should approach for the job?
12th December 2012, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

sir phd in clinical is good or mphil?
6th April 2013, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

I HAVE PASSED 12TH IN BIOLOGY.I AM A WARRIOR IN INDIAN ARMED FORCES,NOW I WANT BECAME A PSYCOLOGIST PLEASE GUIDES ME
9th June 2013, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Scope of studying MA IN economics after bcom ?
12th July 2013, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

what is the salary if i take industrial psychology ?
2nd August 2013, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Hi,i am a electrical engineer.currently working in electrtical safety and health department .i want to do Masters in Industrial psycology.is it OK if i proceed for same?please suggest the name of colleges who offeres distance or part time in industrial psycology.-vikram M
24th May 2014, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Which has the greater scope in punjab between M.Sc.psychology,M.Sc.clinical psychology and M.Sc.counselling psychology ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?