23rd August 2018, 09:39 PM
Bharanirajasekar

Eligibility to study MBBS for 23 years old ECE graduate?

Sir, I am 23 years of age and completed my BTech with ECE stream around 2 years ago. Now, I wish to study MBBS course. I would like to know that am I eligible to do MBBS now or not? Kindly let me know about this as soon as possible.

28th August 2018, 07:40 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: Eligibility to study MBBS for 23 years old ECE graduate?

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and it is a undergraduate degree course of five and a half year ( including an year of internship ) required by those who are looking to become a doctor.

Further, the minimum education required for pursuing MBBS degree course is a Class 12th in Science stream with PCB group with at least 50% marks from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, having completed your B.Tech degree course, you are eligible to pursue only if you have pursued Biology along with Physics and Chemistry at your Class 12th level otherwise not.
30th August 2018, 03:47 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study MBBS for 23 years old ECE graduate?

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course. The academic qualification required for MBBS course is senior secondary board passed from a recognized board. In 12th board, a candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects. You need to have at least 50% marks in 12th board exam.

The age limit is 17-25 years. You can apply for NEET exam to pursue MBBS course only if you have studied PCB subjects in 12th. If you have studied then wait for 2019 notification to apply for exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?