27th April 2015, 02:54 AM
Amrit preet singh

Which entrance exam I need to pass after 12th standard to get a job in Indian Railways?

Which entrance exam I need to pass after 12th standard to get a job in Indian Railways? Can someone give me the complete procedure for the same to apply for the job? I just wanted to make sure that I will get the job in Railways but am not sure if am eligible just after 12th grade. Please advice.

27th April 2015, 07:42 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which entrance exam I need to pass after 12th standard to get a job in Indian Railways?

To get the job in Indian Railway after 12th you can sit in railway recruitment board (R.R.B.) exam which is conducted every year but if you get the graduation after 12th then you can get some more jobs in railway because only few posts are on the bases of the 12th class and others are appointed on the bases of the Graduation.

Jobs in Railway after Qualifying the R.R.B. entrance-

>> Station Master

>> Clerk

>> Assistant station master

>> Guard

>> Trackmen

>> Ticket Examiner

>> Ticket collector

>> Junior engineer

>> Loco pilot

>> Pilot in railway

>> sub divisional and divisional officer
27th April 2015, 10:17 AM
arzookumar

Default Re: Which entrance exam I need to pass after 12th standard to get a job in Indian Railways?

Hello dude!
There are some posts in Railway department by which a
candidate can apply if he/she completes his/her 12th
standard with at least 60% of marks. The posts which
can the candidate apply are:
1. Signal maintenance,
2. Technician helper,
3. Assistant driver,
4. Loco pilot,
5. Porter,
6. TTI.
There may also be some other posts other than the
mentioned above.
I also suggest you to complete your graduation from any
recognized university why because you will have more
better opportunities not only in Railway sector but in
other sectors also if you complete your graduation.
In order to acquire those jobs you need to clear the
entrance exam which is highly competitive and tougher.
HOPE THE INFORMATION HELPED YOU AND ALL THE
BEST.
27th April 2015, 01:20 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Railway entrance examinations are held for the selection of technical and non – technical cadres in railway. The UPSC as well as the Central Government conducts the examinations for the recruitment of the candidates for various posts.

Railway selection procedure is divided into two sections first is written test and second one is interview.

Railway written examination consist four parts:

General Awareness
Arithmetic Ability
Technical Ability
Test of Reasoning

For technical post,the minimum qualification is Bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university with suitable typing speed in Hindi/English as per the requirement of the post.

The minimum age required to get railway job is 18 year and maximum is of 30 years.
Relaxation in age is given to the reserved category candidates according to the norms set by the government.

For non-technical post,the candidate should have passed 10th or 12th as per the post requirement.

The candidate age should be in between 18 to 30 years of age.
Age Relaxation is given to the reserved category candidates according to the norms set by the government.

So,after passing 12th class you can apply to the entrance exam conducted for the Non-technical post in Indian Railways.
27th April 2015, 06:35 PM
Studynrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit preet singh View Post
Which entrance exam I need to pass after 12th standard to get a job in Indian Railways? Can someone give me the complete procedure for the same to apply for the job? I just wanted to make sure that I will get the job in Railways but am not sure if am eligible just after 12th grade. Please advice.
For graduation and after 12th exams railways is offering different exams so that you can get the official entries through exams like RRB but for this you need a graduation degree which will lead you there.
And as a technical person you have a chance through IES scheme but there you requires alot of hard work.
27th April 2015, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

It is my btech 3rd year . i get job in railway. what to do ? stream is electrical. how many post in railway at based on electrical engg. please rply soon.
28th April 2015, 12:27 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To get jobs in Indian railways after your 12th standard you will have to crack SCRA examination .

SCRA stands for Special Class Railway Apprentice and the same examination is conducted once every year by union public service commission for recruitment of employees in Indian Railways .

To be eligible for same examination you are required to have qualifications given below :-

You must have the nationality of India .

You age must be within 17 years to 21 years .

Your 12th standard must be with science stream with Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects from a recognized school/college .

Generally the notification for same examination is published in the month of February and the examination is held in the month of July .

For detailed information about the same visit the official link of same

i.e; www.upsc.gov/general/scra.htm .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?