27th July 2019, 08:42 AM
Unregistered

Are female candidates pursuing Civil Engineering eligible for NDA examination?

Sir, I am studying my Engineering in Civil department, 5th semester. I want to know that is girl student eligible for any exams regarding to my branch in NDA?

30th July 2019, 01:18 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are female candidates pursuing Civil Engineering eligible for NDA examination?

The first thing I would like to let you know about NDA (National Defense Academy) is that only unmarried Indian male candidates are eligible for joining NDA and therefore being a female candidate you are not eligible for joining NDA.

Further, being a student of 5th Semester of degree course in engineering, you can join defense services after completion of your degree course in engineering through CDS (Combined Defense Services).

For complete details regarding NDA or CDS entrance examination, you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
30th July 2019, 04:13 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are female candidates pursuing Civil Engineering eligible for NDA examination?

NDA is conducted for recruitment in defence service.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognize d board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear.

So, you are not eligible to appear for the examination. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th July 2019, 04:32 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Female candidates are not eligible to appear for the NDA examination.

Only candidates who have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board are eligible.

Examination is conducted in two stages for final selection. So, you are not eligible to apply for the examination.
31st July 2019, 02:35 PM
Deepanshu3010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am studying my Engineering in Civil department, 5th semester. I want to know that is girl student eligible for any exams regarding to my branch in NDA?
NDA is conducted twice a year by UPSC.
ALL unmarried male are only eligible to apply for the NDA and thus, no females are eligible to apply for UPSC NDA.
A male candidate should be 12th passed or 12th appeared to apply for UPSC NDA and age should be 16.5-19.5 years.
Thus, a female candidate can join Indian defence forces only after graduation by applying for UPSC CDS or thus , you are engineer you are also eligible for many direct entries also such as territorial army, UES, TGC, AFCAT and many more.
31st July 2019, 05:37 PM
harmanpreetbatth

Hello,
Only male candidates can appear for NDA exam. Girls are not eligible to appear for this exam.
Thankyou
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?