19th July 2017, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

Is GATE exam necessary for M.Tech after M.Sc IT? List of Institutions in Mumbai for it?

I have completed M.Sc IT from Mumbai University and want to study M.Tech course. Please tell me will I have to pass GATE exam for it? List of Institutions in Mumbai for it?

Related Questions:
  1. GATE Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers -- [Most Discussed]
  2. List of the colleges offering M.Tech course in Electronics apart from IITs and NITs? When should I start preparation for GATE? List of the best GATE coaching classes in Mumbai?
  3. List of good colleges in Mumbai for M.E/M.Tech without GATE
  4. Best colleges for M.Tech in Bioinformatics? List of private universities?
  5. List of colleges in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai having M.Tech in computer science and technology without GATE percentile
  6. Can I do M.Tech after B.E.? Is GATE compulsory?
  7. Admission for M.Tech after passing GATE with 70%? Names of the government colleges in Pune and Mumbai?
  8. List of M.Tech colleges after qualifying GATE and have completed B.Sc in Agri-biotechnology?
  9. M.Tech cut off for VJTI Mumbai?
  10. Can I do M.Tech after MSc through GATE?
  11. Can I appear in GATE at Mumbai being a B.Tech graduate of Allahabad?
  12. List of institutions in Mumbai to study Diploma in Animation and Multimedia -- [New]
  13. In which colleges can I get admission for M.Tech after qualifying for GATE exam?
  14. Which are the different PG Masters Degree Courses Offered by Different Agriculture Universities in India? Which are the entrance exams?
  15. List of institutions for MSc dialysis course
  16. Last year cutoff list for GATE M.Tech Biotechnology? Can I get in any reputed institute after scoring 37.8 marks in GATE with 90 percentile? List of institutions in which I can get?
  17. How can I get admission in M.tech without qualifying GATE?
  18. Which course is best to study for Post Graduation from WBUT?
31st July 2017, 12:32 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is GATE exam necessary for M.Tech after M.Sc IT? List of Institutions in Mumbai for it?

You will have to clear Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering to get admission in Master of Technology. GATE is conducted by IITs for admission in M.Tech .

Eligibility criteria for GATE exam:

You should have done Bachelor of Technology or engineering from a recognized university or master's degree in science or computer application etc. GATE qualified candidates get stipend for pursuing M.Tech from recognized institutes.

MADE Easy is the best institute for preparation of GATE exam.
31st July 2017, 09:22 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is GATE exam necessary for M.Tech after M.Sc IT? List of Institutions in Mumbai for it?

There are some institutes in India which offer Master of technology without Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering scorecard. But these institutes are not widely renowned and famous for their M.Tech. Technical institutes which take admission on basis of GATE scorecard are famous and also offers stipend for pursuing M.Tech to GATE qualified candidates as per norms of UGC.

After Master of Science in Information Technology, your aim should be to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering to pursue M.Tech course. The qualification for GATE exam is bachelor's degree in technology or engineering or master's degree in science, computer application etc.

IIT, Bombay is the best place in Maharashtra from where you can pursue Master of Technology.
31st July 2017, 06:22 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The full form of GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

GATE exam is competitive exam for admission in Master of Technology.

Eligibility criteria for GATE exam:

Academic qualification: Bachelor of Technology or engineering or Master's degree in science from a recognized university.

Indian Institute of Technology is one of good engineering college in Mumbai for pursuing Master of Technology.
2nd August 2017, 10:51 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed M.Sc IT from Mumbai University and want to study M.Tech course. Please tell me will I have to pass GATE exam for it? List of Institutions in Mumbai for it?

Candidate GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) exam is carried out by IIT’s(Indian Institute of Technology) and IIS’s(Indian Institute of Science).The GATE score help candidate to get admission in Post Graduate degree like M.TECH,M.E or P.HD etc.

Dates for GATE upcoming exam:-

Notification dates:- 01-sep-2017.

Last Date of Submission of Application Form:- 05-oct-2017.

Date of Availability of Admit Card:- jan 2018.

Exam Dates:- 3,4,10,11 Feb-2018.

>> To apply for the GATE exam candidate must have done bachelors in Science,Mathematics,Statics,Computer Applications.

>> Candidate studying in final year are also allowed to apply.

GATE Exam Fee:-

>> Candidate belongs to general category have to pay RS:- 1500/-

>> Candidate belongs to SC/ST and women have to pay RS:- 750/-

GATE Exam syllabus:-

1). General Aptitude.

2). Verbal Ability.

3). Engineering.

>> Top institute for GATE exam cleared candidate in Mumbai is IIT Mumbai.

For more details please visit http://gate.iisc.ernet.in.

Good luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?