30th October 2018, 05:11 PM
vema devi

Having passed PG in Chemistry, am I eligible to pursue B.Ed?

Respected Sir, I have completed B.Sc (Bio-Tech), and PG (Chemistry) and now I want to pursue B.Ed. So, I want to know can I pursue B.Ed? If yes, then which specialization to choose for B.Ed? Please answer as soon as possible.

31st October 2018, 11:41 AM
Anwesha Banerjee15

Default Re: Having passed PG in Chemistry, am I eligible to pursue B.Ed?

Yes you can apply for B.Ed course. To apply for any PGT in a school you will need a b.ed degree along with your master's degree. You need an aggregate of at least 50% marks in your graduation and your degree should be from a recognized university.

Since you have a post-graduation in Chemistry, you can apply for a b.ed of the same if you want to persue that subject. Else you can choose from any of the science subjects the college/University is providing, where you will apply.
31st October 2018, 12:21 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Specialization depends upon your interest in any particular stream.

The eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Education course:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

2. Minimum of 50% marks in bachelor's degree is required.

3. There is no upper age limit for B.Ed course.
31st October 2018, 02:35 PM
somany3116

Thumbs up Re: Having passed PG in Chemistry, am I eligible to pursue B.Ed?

Yes Absolutely , you can go for B.ed if you want to go Futher in Teaching Field.
B.ed is the Best option , you can do B.ed as per your interest and skills you have gained while PG in Chemistry.
31st October 2018, 03:28 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

B.Ed stands for Bachelor of Education. The academic qualification required for B.Ed course is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Minimum of 50% marks in bachelor's degree is required.

If you have required percentage of marks in bachelor's degree then you can apply for B.Ed course. Select the subject as per your interest.
31st October 2018, 03:30 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to pursue B.Ed after completing PG also.
One can pursue B.Ed after completing graduation also.
You can choose specializations as pr your choice and as per interest. There will be no any objection in any circumstances.
31st October 2018, 07:28 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

B.Ed stands for bachelor of education. It is a teacher training course.

The academic qualification required for pursuing B.Ed is bachelor's degree from a recognised university, you need to have minimum of 50% marks in graduation to apply for this course. Most of the universities conduct entrance exam for admission
31st October 2018, 08:35 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Minimum qualification need to do B.Ed is a bachelor degree in the concerned subject. As you have done post -graduation in Chemistry, you can do B.Ed in Chemistry too. As well as you can do B.Ed in Biotechnology as you have done bachelor degree in Biotechnology.

Both of the subjects have good career opportunities. You can choose anyone between Biotechnology and Chemistry.
1st November 2018, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Yes,of course you are eligible for b.ed .
There are many universities that offer regular b.ed course for duration of 2 years . Some of which are Delhi University ,IGNOU and IP university. They conduct entrance examinations in the month of June and august . These colleges charge around 10k per sem. Whereas MDURohtak ,Noida international university ,Aligarh university ,Kashmir university offers non-attending courses that cost around 1 lakh for two years.You just need to go for exam once a year.
The best university for regular is DU and for non-attending Is MDU Rohtak .
B.ed is bachelors in education. It is a specialized training course for teachers wanted to teach between as TGT or PGT in schools. So there is no specialization . Anybody who wants to teach has to go through this training procedure.
I hope this helps. Can ask further query .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?