24th November 2010, 02:44 PM
aafreen saifi

How to become a company secretary?

hello my name is aafreen saifi ,i m in 12class in comm. sterem. i want to ask some que. about my future .1.i want to become c.s so how i make become cs? 2. which type of exam have to give after 12 for make cs? how much % should be best for cs ? my account ,economice nd bussness is very strong nd i want to go a busness field so it's better for me or not plz give me ur best advice .i m very worrid about my future bcz i m not able to understand that what i should be choice for my golden future plz give me advice. thank you.

29th November 2010, 12:04 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a company secretary?

First of all Aafreen,stop worry about your golden future as worries makes a man older & tensed.So a simple Funda to make your career bright is that always Keep your tensions aside & then step ahead.So as you are a commerce student & your economics & business are very strong subjects then definitely business field is better for you.You can also do BBA & after that MBA to become a good administrator.But as you want to know about CS so the eligibility criteria for CS is-
1.The candidate should be 10+2 pass or its equivalent.
2. The candidate should be a student of any discipline in Arts, Commerce and Science (excluding Fine Arts) for pursue this course.
3. Those candidates appearing in 10+2 or its equivalent can also seek provisional admission subject to submission of proof of passing the said examination within 6 months as mentioned by the chief executive of this institute. .

ADMISSION PROCEDURE:
1. For admission candidate have to fill Application Form. The Application Form and Prospectus can be obtained by Cash Payment of Rs200/- or by Post/Courier: DD/PO of Rs250/- drawn in favour of “The Institute of Company Secretaries of India” payable at New Delhi.
IMPORTANT DATES:
1. Admission is open throughout the year.

CONTACT DETAILS:
Headquarters
ICSI House
22, Institutional Area
Lodi Road
New Delhi-110003
Ph. 011-24617321, 41504444
EMAIL:[email protected]
WEB SITE:www.icsi.edu
29th November 2010, 07:34 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

After completion of 12th standard you can pursue course in C.S.. You will need to first appear for the foundation course. Thereafter the intermediate course and then the final. You need to contact the CS office closest to you and register yourself. You can appear for the exams while pursuing B.Com.
21st March 2011, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

what will be the gaurantee that after c.s. i will earn at least 30000rs p.m
25th March 2011, 10:28 PM
saswat1989
Senior Member+

hi
CS is very good course .
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
2. The candidate should be a student of any discipline in Arts, Commerce and Science (excluding Fine Arts) for pursue this course.
3. Those candidates appearing in 10+2 or its equivalent can also seek provisional admission subject to submission of proof of passing the said examination within 6 months as mentioned by the chief executive of this institute.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE:
1. For admission candidate have to fill Application Form. The Application Form and Prospectus can be obtained by Cash Payment of Rs200/- or by Post/Courier: DD/PO of Rs250/- drawn in favour of “The Institute of Company Secretaries of India” payable at New Delhi.
17th April 2011, 04:41 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
Career as a Company Secretary is not only prestigious and financially rewarding but also carries with it a high degree of job satisfaction.

The Institute of Company Secretaries of India develops and regulates the profession of Company Secretaries in India. There are three stages to be pursued to qualify as a Company Secretary.

Foundation Course - 5 Papers
Intermediate Course - 8 Papers
Final Course - 9 Papers

The Company Secretary Course is by Correspondence with provision for Optional Oral Coaching classes.

* For Foundation Course the minimum qualification is 10+2 or equivalent in any stream except Fine Arts.

* For Intermediate Course the minimum qualification is CS Foundation Pass or Graduation in any discipline, Arts / Science / Commerce except Fine Arts.

* The Final Examination is after passing the Intermediate Course.

* 16 months Management Training is to be undergone after passing the Inter / Final examination or Practical experience.

* The ICSI and its Regional Councils and Chapters offer Placement Services to Members and Students. A qualified Company Secretary has openings both in Employment and in Practice.

b>Functions of a Company Secretary:

A Company Secretary is:

* An expert in a Company, Corporate and Securities Laws
* A vital link between the company and its: (a) Board of Directors (b) Shareholders (c) Government & Regulated Authorities
* A conscience seeker of the company
* A compliance officer of the company
* Corporate Planner and Strategic Manager.

Thanks.
25th April 2011, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

I m really worried about my future.i m not able to understand that in which field i should go in.i m poor in learning but i just love doing maths.plz help me out
2nd May 2011, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Hello my name is sooraj fale. i am in second class b.com i want to ask some question about my future.
1) i want to become C.S so how i make become C.s
2) Which type of exam have to give after b.com for make C.S.
3) How much % should be best for C.S.
my Economics and business communication is very strong plz give me best advice
Please reply my email address ([email protected]) and ([email protected])

THANK YOU.
3rd June 2011, 03:27 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :

3. Those candidates appearing in 10+2 or its equivalent can also seek provisional admission subject to submission of proof of passing the said examination within 6 months as mentioned by the chief executive of this institute.

ADMISSION PROCEDURE:

14th June 2011, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

hi,im somya and got 70% marks in my class 12th bt my accounts and business is strong n want to do cs but last dates for foundation course of march has gone so can u please tell me that now how can i apply now for 2011?
23rd June 2011, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

iam sarita ask you aquestion iam b.com gradute and my accounts is good but my theroy paper is not strong so can you give me some advice for prepairing this subject iam apperaing for december
19th July 2011, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE MINIMUM NO OF MARKS TO PASS FOUNDATION EXECUTIVE AND PROFESSIONAL EXAMINATION?
20th July 2011, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Modules are enough or we have to any scanner?
5th June 2012, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

Hi Sir,
I am Nitin and want to ask Something about CS. I have done MBA (Finance) and working with big company but i want to do CS, Please give me advice what should i do
10th October 2012, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

Whts d course is need after CS , l.l.b or any other plz give me advice I am CS pursuing now.
9th May 2013, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

hi m shalini.. m just given my 12th board xam. m frm commerce strm.. my subjects are accountancy, economics , hindi, english, entrepreneurship, fine arts...
i want to do cs... so plz give me advice what should i do... i m very worried about my future.
16th May 2013, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I m amjad ali.i jst heard about cs.nd I m gttng confuse tht should I do cs or BBA.plz help me nd tell that CS is easy.i jst luv eco nd B. st.so plzz plzz help me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?