6th February 2014, 03:41 AM
biju53

How can I join Indian Army after scoring 55% in B.Tech

i am biju from kerala.i am son of a military man and i want to join indian army.but my btech percent is 55.can i apply for officer post in indian army?

8th June 2014, 03:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Army after scoring 55% in B.Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by biju53 View Post
i am biju from kerala.i am son of a military man and i want to join indian army.but my btech percent is 55.can i apply for officer post in indian army?

Yes , You can apply in Indian army through CDS exam .This exam not required any percentage marks for graduate candidate .I think you will get some advantage because your father is working in Indian Army .

CDS stands COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE

This exam is conducted for the selection of candidate as an officer in Air force, Army and Navy.CDS Examination is conducted twice in a year as namely CDS I and CDS II .

Educational Qualification :-

Indian Military Academy / Officers Training Academy : Degree of a Recognized University (OR) equivalent
Indian Navy Academy : Degree in Engineering for CDSE & Degree in Engineering (OR) B.Sc (Physics / Mathematics)
Indian Air Force Academy : Degree of recognized university (physics & mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering

Age Criteria :-

For IMA: 19-24 years
For Naval Academy: 19-22 years
For Air Force Academy: 19-23 years
For Officers Training Academy: 19-25 years

Best Books for CDS Exam :-

CDS Exam Guide: Combined Defence Services Exam (Paperback) by Datason Rp
CDS Chapterwise - Sectionwise Solved Papers 1st Edition (Paperback) by Arihant Experts
UPSC Portal CDS Combined Defence Services Examination Practice Papers (Paperback) by Sachchida Nand Jha
CDS: Combined Defence Services Examination Guide 1st Edition (Paperback) by R. Gupta's
Study Guide C.D.S (Combined Defence Services Exam.) by GKP

For more details about CDS exam and Application process , you can visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in

28th April 2015, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

i am binayak das from odisha.i am son of a military man and i want to join indian army.and i am continuing my btech in computer science.i am in 3rd yr. i hv a skin disease but it is not a communicable disease.after then can i apply for officer post in indian army?
21st April 2016, 10:57 PM
sah.alok932

One can apply for Indian Army through basically three entries
1)NDA
2)CDSE
3)TES

NDA is for those who have completed their 10+2 or Equivalent exam
The qualification required is only Intermediate examination qualified.
Age Limit-16.5 years to 19.5 years (At the time of commencement of course)
Selection Process is done through
1)Written Exam
2)SSB(Service Selection Board) Interview for 5 days
3)Medical Test

Graduate Students.
Those who have completed Graduation can apply for CDSE
Combined Defence Service Examination
Graduation in any stream is necessary to apply for CDSE.
Age Limit-19 to 25 years(At the time of commencement of course)

Selection Process is of three stage
1)At First Written Exam then SSB(Service Selection Board) 5 days interview includes psychological test,screening test at last Medical Test

It is conducted twice in a year by UPSC.

Technical Entry Scheme
It is for those who have passed 10+2 exams.
Age Limit is same as NDA
Qualification-minimum 75% in Physics,chemistry and maths
Selection process
)1Written Test
2)SSB Interview
3)Medical Test
30th June 2023, 10:55 PM
nikhilprecision1
Banned

To join the Indian Army after scoring 55% in B.Tech, you can explore various entry schemes that are available. Here are some options:

Combined Defence Services (CDS) Exam: The CDS exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and is a common entry point for graduates to join the Indian Army as officers.

The minimum educational qualification required is a bachelor's degree from a recognized university. While there is no specific percentage requirement mentioned, a minimum of 55% is generally considered eligible for CDS exam. You will need to clear the written exam and subsequent SSB interview to join the Indian Army through the CDS entry.

Technical Graduate Course (TGC): The Technical Graduate Course is a direct entry scheme for engineering graduates. The eligibility criteria for TGC may vary each year, and the minimum percentage required may also vary.

However, having 55% in B.Tech is generally considered competitive for this entry. You will need to check the official recruitment notifications issued by the Indian Army for the specific eligibility criteria, selection process, and application details.

Short Service Commission (SSC): The Indian Army conducts special recruitment drives for candidates with technical backgrounds to join as officers through the Short Service Commission. The eligibility criteria, including the minimum percentage requirement, may vary depending on the specific recruitment drive and branch.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?