4th January 2013, 11:14 PM

How to crack Civil service if I am a 2nd year B.Tech student of Mechanical branch?

I am second year b.tech student of mechanical branch i want to crack civil service so please suggest me books about my stream and which subject is better for me to go through the preperation, please tell me.

12th February 2013, 09:25 AM
abhishek.das.781990@gmail

Default Re: How to crack Civil service if I am a 2nd year B.Tech student of Mechanical branch?

The IES(Indian Engineering Services Examination) is a dream for thousands of candidates appear in every year. You will have to work in the various Core Engineering job sector of Govt. after achieving success in this exam.

The Engineering Services Exam includes two parts:
1. The Preliminary Examination (objective type), which is a screening test,
and
2. Main Examination consisting of written examination and interview.

The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) organizes the Preliminary Examination in May/June and the Main Examination is held in October/November. The notification for the Preliminary Examination is published in December every year.
You have to complete your Graduation in ME to apply for this exam.

You have to apply Online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.inOR you can find the official notification & details in the official site http://www.upsc.gov.in

Now I am providing you some tips for preparation for this exam:

1. You can take admission in good coaching institute like IES ACADEMY, TARGET, TIME, ENTERX, etc for IES. They will provide you good study material
& if you can follow their guide, then you can crack the exams.

2. If you are interested in self study in house, then it becomes the best option which can make you well prepared.
Most of the student think that without coaching cracking of IES exam is not possible. But in the overall case, among them some portion are unsuccessful because the primary requirement for these exams is Practicing your technical study.

3.If you can Practice well for your core subjects in your home with some good study material, then you can easily obtain a good rank in your IES exam.

You must practice the book by G.K. Publishers & produce the answers from the text books that you have read in your B.Tech study. You also have to produce descriptive questions & answers for this exam.
For Aptitude read Quantitative & Reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal & also Puzzle by Sakuntala Devi.

4.Follow some Scheduling Study Pattern. This scheduling you can do according to your choice( Like in Morning of 1st two day of a week, you read an important paper like Thermodynamics,In Evening you read another paper like Applied Physics & Chemistry etc....In this way You should make a scheduling for you efficient Study pattern for a week & repeat this). & Makes a number of evaluation.
25th March 2013, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to crack Civil service if I am a 2nd year B.Tech student of Mechanical branch?

sir , i am an student of b.tech 1st year and my branch is "chemical engineering". i want to crack civil services then what will i do ???? plz tell me
25th March 2013, 03:24 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,

You can crack civil service exam by doing more hard work.

Civil services edam are conducted by UPSC.

Some Important tips;-

[-----Read English news paper daily

-----Know exam pattern very well

----Join any best coaching center

---Follow best books

----Practice previous year question papers

---Think positive

---Speak English every time with others

----Share new things with others

Apply these words in your Life;-

"NEVER GIVE UP"
6th September 2013, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

hi, am studying my b.tech 3rd year and i'm interested in civil serices
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?