27th June 2012, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

How to do IAS to become a collector? How to prepare for the exam?

i want to do ias and want to become a collector.,so please sugest me how to prepare for the exam?....curently i am doing my degree in Engineering.

4th July 2012, 10:07 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do IAS to become a collector? How to prepare for the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want to do ias and want to become a collector.,so please sugest me how to prepare for the exam?....curently i am doing my degree in Engineering.
IAS Stands for Indian Administrative services and IAS is top most choice of Civil service aspirants. Among the 900 total selections , approx 120 are allotted to IAS cadre. An IAS becomes district collector after 3-4 yrs of joining the cadre. Just after the selction , you are trained LBSNAA training academy in Mussoorie for two yrs.

After that you will get post of additional district collector after 2 yrs. Once you are allotted a cadre , then you will spent rest of your service life in that state only.

Preparation for IAS:

Now coming to preparation, you must be very well aware of that competition level in civil service exam. You have to hard working & highly motivated to get through this exam. The exam has three stages :

## Preliminary
## Mains
## Interview

Preliminary is just like screening test which generally consist of aptitude question , others are general awareness question & general science. Marks obtained in this exam are not counted for final score. Then comes Mains , which will consist of general awareness, optional subjects, languages & one essay exam. After clearing this stage, you will be called for Interview.

Notifications & Forms:

The exam is a year long procedure, starts in May with preliminary, then Mains in Oct & then interview. Notification will published in all National dailies in February or March and you have fill the application form online only, no offline application form facility and if you need more details please check official website of UPSC.
26th March 2013, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

what kind of books are to be read????
4th May 2013, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

i m search how can prepare for IAS,after result prepare for ifs,civil service.so i dnt to understand.my question is mean of ias $ why relation ifs$civil service.plz told me.what kinds of book to prepare collector$its syllabus.
13th August 2013, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

how can prepaire ias exam and what is the syllabus.
13th August 2013, 10:21 PM
shivam2k6

Quote:
how can prepaire ias exam and what is the syllabus.
Dear Friend,

Civil Services Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to the different civil services post of Government of India. This examination is considered the most toughest examination in our country.

Scheme of the Examination:

Stage 1: Preliminary Examination for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination.
Stage 2: Main Examination (Written) for the selection of candidates for interview for a Personality Test.
Stage 3: Interview (Personality Test)

You can start with following things and then after few months you will have enough idea to take your preparation forward.

1. Read "The Hindu" daily and thoroughly
2. Revise all NCERT books from class 6th to class 12th
3. Read India Year Book released by Govt. of India every year
4. Read one magazine such as chronicle, yojna or frontline regularly
5. Start with GS preparation, you can go through detailed syllabus for it
6. Practice Quantitative Aptitude, it will help you at many places
7. Select your Mains subject after preparing GS, because it will give you enough idea about all the subjects

All the best.
Thank you.
23rd September 2013, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

Clear the civil service exam after this what is the process to become collector
5th April 2015, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

I just given 12 exam and thinking to start preaparation nowonwards while doing software ingeneering for IAS exam prescribe me daily required prepareration
19th May 2016, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Which subject i should select as Main paper and optional? Actually this year May i have completed my B.E(EEE). please suggest how to proceed.
1st September 2016, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

I have complete my 2nd year in com steram, now i thinking for preaperation for IAS While doing my job,plz suggest
13th November 2016, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

I am in eighth grade and I want to become a collector so how can I prepare the exam
15th November 2016, 11:09 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Quote:
For IAS you must have a qualification of graduation from any stream recognized by respective University. You have to be appear in IAS exam to become a collector.
For IAS exam you should have these eligibility:
Age group between 18 years to 30 years. Age relaxation for OBC, SC/ST category candidates.
Having Indian nationality.
Should not have any criminal record.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?