7th May 2012, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

How to do MBA after completing graduation in commerce stream?

I have not given GATE exam. i have completed my grauation in commerce stream. Now i want to do MBA bt i have not given GATE so when will be the institues entreance exam

Related Questions:
  1. How to do MBA after completing graduation in commerce stream?
  2. Which course is better to do after completing Graduation in Commerce?
  3. What should I choose after graduation after completing my 10th with 63% and 12th in commerce stream
  4. How to do MBA in future after passing 12th with 73% in commerce stream
  5. Can i opt commerce side after completing 12th in Science stream? -- [New]
  6. Best course for me in IT field after completing graduation form commerce stream with 50%?
  7. Is it beneficial to study MBA in Abroad for B.Com graduate? Best stream to study in MBA?
  8. What should I study in Graduation other than B.Com after completing 12th Commerce?
  9. Will I be able to teach BBA/MBA students if I do MBA and Ph.D in MBA subject after completing B.Pharmacy graduation course?
  10. Am I eligible to study Law course after completing graduation in commerce stream
  11. Can I apply for T.Y.B.Com being an Arts graduate?
  12. Career in commerce after completing B.Com? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How may I get a job in banking sector after completing graduation in commerce stream from DU?
  14. Which specialization in MBA is a best choice for e after completion of Graduation in Science stream?
  15. Will MBA is a better choice for me being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Sc having no interest in Science stream?
  16. Can I become a Psychologist after doing 12th in commerce stream and graduation and also in commerce stream
  17. How may I get a job in banking sector after completing graduation in commerce stream from DU?
  18. How may I get a job in banking sector after completing graduation in commerce stream from DU?
25th August 2012, 05:23 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do MBA after completing graduation in commerce stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have not given GATE exam. i have completed my grauation in commerce stream. Now i want to do MBA bt i have not given GATE so when will be the institues entreance exam
MBA stands for Master in Business administration and the duration of this course is 2 years and to apply for this course you have to complete your Graduation in any discipline. You have already completed your Graduation in Commerce, so you are eligible to get admission in MBA.

But the admission in this course is strictly based on written test followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview.

You not need to appear for the GATE Examination to get admission in MBA.

GATE examination is only for Engineering candidates and for those candidates who are interested to take admission in M.tech course.

If you are Interested to take admission in MBA Course then you have to apply for the CAT/MAT/GMAT/CMAT/XAT Entrance examination. To apply for CAT Examination you have to scored minimum 50% marks in your Graduation, This examination is conducted by IIM's Every year. The Notification of this year examination was already Published and Registrations was already started. The last date of apply for Registered for CAT Examination is 19/Sep/2012.

If you have scored minimum 50% marks in your Graduation then you can apply for this year CAT Examination, if your aim is to get seat in top Business schools.

You can also apply for the MAT Examination and this examination is conducted 4 times in a year. So, please try to cracked any one of the examination and then you will get admission in MBA Course. There is no need to apply for the GATE Examination.
25th August 2012, 06:15 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and this entrance exam is given by those students who wants to do graduation or post graduation in engineering.

For MBA you need to sit for entrance exams too but its not GATE. There are a list of entrance exams which can be given and here i will try to discuss more about it so that you get a clear idea about it.

MBA's full form is Master's in Business Administration. There are different types of MBA programs for which you can opt for. If you want to go for the full time MBA program then you need to study this course for two years. There are also part time MBA courses whose duration is around one year. But it is always better to go for the full time course since it delves more deeper into the subject and whatever you get to learn from it will be far more productive.

For this course you need to be a bachelor's degree holder in any discipline from a recognized university or institution. Even final year students about to give the final exam or awaiting the result can also sit for this exam.

But in that case they will be given only provisional admission. Until and unless they shows their marksheet their selection wont be confirmed.

List of MBA Specializations:
  • Marketing
  • Finance
  • Operations
  • Entrepreneurship
  • Human resources
  • Hospitality and Tourism
  • Information systems
  • Telecommunications

Written examination is not the only criteria here when institutes selects students. The selection procedure is quite long and each stage hold its own importance. They are as follows:

1. Written Examination
2. Personal Assessment
3. Group Discussion
4. Personal Interview

The admission process generally varies from one institute to the other. While the top level ones prefers to conduct an examination and then finally choose candidates based on their performance level both in the entrance exam and at graduation level, there are some colleges especially the mediocre ones which gives admission based on your graduation marks.

It is always advisable to be very choosy about the college you choose. Since there are so many that you will be spoilt for option. But before taking the final decision many things needs to be taken into account- quality of the faculty members, past records, placement records and other such related factors.

While there are a list of MBA entrance exams that can be given but it is difficult to understand which one exactly will be best for you. So here i have shortlisted some for you. They are:
  • Common Admission Test (CAT)
  • Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
  • Xavier Admission Test (XAT)
  • Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP)
  • AIMS Test For Management Admission (ATMA)
  • Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) MBA Admission Test
  • Integrated Common Entrance Test (ICET)
  • National Management Aptitude Test (NMAT)
  • Joint Management Aptitude Test (JMAT)

One of the most premier institutes of India for MBA. the IIMs conducts the CAT exam or Common Admission Test. To give this exam you need to be a graduate in any discipline and ensure minimum 50% of marks at graduation level. The cat exam is one of the toughest one to crack as to answer each and every question you need to use your concepts properly and rack your brain a lot. The paper needs to be finished in two hours and questions are basically MCQ types. For the exam you will get questions from the following sections: verbal ability and reasoning, reading comprehension, quantitative skills, data interpretation and analytical and logical reasoning.

MATs full form is Management Aptitude Test and this exam can be given at any time as it is conducted for four times a year. It is also one National Entrance Test which is conducted by All India Management Association. To give this exam also you need to be a bachelor's degree holder in any discipline and even final year students are also eligible. For this exam 200 objective types of questions needs to be solved in two and a half hours. Stress on the following sections when preparing for this exam: Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Indian and Global Environment.

Top B-Schools For MBA:

Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta

Indian Institute of Management, Indore

Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad

XLRI School of Business and Human Resources

Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow

Indian Institute of Foreign Trade

Hope this helps :-> :->
26th August 2012, 01:15 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How to do MBA after completing graduation in commerce stream?

Quote:
If you are Aspiring to Become MBA then there is no any Need for Applying GATE
But, Instead of Gate you have to apply for MBA entrance exam Like MAT, XAT, CAT etc...

Eligibility and Criteria:
  • A candidate should have completed their Bechelor Degree with atleast 60% from any recognise universities.
  • Age limit should be between 21-30 years there a relaxation available for OBC and SC/ST in upper age.

Specialization Sector:
  • Retail Management
  • Logistics
  • Fashion Management
  • Finance and Accounting
  • Entrepreneurship
  • Information Technology Management
  • Media Management
  • Production Management
  • Marketing Management
  • Bank Management
  • Human Resource Management
  • Pharmaceuticals Management
  • Hospital Management

All the Best
26th August 2012, 05:50 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi...!!!

-->To get an admission in MBA you can give the following exams :-

* CAT

* MAT

* GMAT etc.

TOP MBA COLLEGES:-

MDI – Management Development Institute
SIBM – Symbiosis Institute of Business Management
TAPMI – T.A. Pai Management Institute
JBIMS – Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies
MICA – Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad
IIPM – Indian Institute of Planning and Management
SIMSR – KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research
IIFT – Indian Institute of Foreign Trad
Loyola Institute of Business Administration(LIBA) Chennai
ITM Chennai

-->The recommended books are:-

* Arjun Sharma

* Abhijit Guha

* Nishit Sinha

-->Books for Di :-Nishit Sinha 's Di LR book By Pearson

-->Quantitaive Aptitude for MBA Entrance Exams By Guha Abhijit

-->For VERBAL REASONING
:-R S Aggarwal

BOOKS FOR VERBAL ABILITY

Student's companion By Wilfred D.Best

English Plus I.C.S.E For Class 10 By Xavier Pinto

Wren and Martin English Grammar

Word power made easy by NORMAN LEWIS

30 Days to a more powerful vocabulary by welfred Funk and Norman Lewis

Business english and communication by clark

A communicative grammar of english by geoffray leach

English Proficiency IMS india

Verbal Ability by Arjun Sharma

All the best ...go ahead and work hard...

Regards
Guri Kaur
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?