24th August 2011, 01:54 PM
sandepn

How to do MS in subject with technical background of management? Which are the universities?

i want to do MS in subject with technical background of Management ... like electrical management with business, engineering management.. can u pls tell me the scope of these subjects i Canada?... suggest universities if any.. thank u

Related Questions:
16th February 2017, 12:23 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to do MS in subject with technical background of management? Which are the universities?

This is a good idea to be a techno-managerial person. It is highly regarded and is considered to be a very good career option these days. However, everything comes with some benefits and some cons. Here is what is in store if you are looking at a Technology + Managerial study abroad:

First of all these two are completely different fields of study which is generally not clubbed together by any university world wide. There may be integrated courses but they are taught separately i.e first they would finish off with the technology part and then resume the management one.

GRE and GMAT are two exams that you must know in order to be first eligible to go abroad for studies.

GRE stands for Graduate Record Examinations and GMAT stands for Graduate Management Admission Test. The first one has to be given by those who wish to go for MS abroad. On the other hand, the GMAT is a completely management related exam where people who aspire to go abroad for management education sit for it.

Thus, if you wish to do both then you have to start with GRE for doing MS outside India. Canada is a place where a lot of Indians already stay. Some of its top B-Schools are:

1. Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
2. Ivey Business School, University of Western Ontario
3. Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia
4. Desautels Faculty of Management at McGill University
5. Queen's School of Business

and many more. But they primarily excel in providing MBA education. I would recommend the following for you:

You must do B.Tech or something related to technology in India and then try to move out of India for your MBA. This would be a much better option as the technical education here is good and if you can crack any of the IITs it would be a feather in your cap.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?