19th September 2011, 02:06 AM
Unregistered

How to get internship in USA after 2nd year B.Tech from IIT?

how can i get internship AT USA after 2nd year of B.tech from IIT

Related Questions:
  1. How to get internship in USA after 2nd year B.Tech from IIT?
  2. In which Companies I can get Internship being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  3. What kind of Internship is beneficial for B.Tech(ECE) 2nd year student?
  4. Detailed procedure to apply for Internship in BHEL for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 2nd year student?
  5. Eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for Summer Internship in IIT, Delhi for B.Tech(ECE) 2nd year student?
  6. How to apply for summer internship at ONGC being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to apply for summer internship in ONGC at the end of 2nd year?
  8. What is the procedure for applying internship after B.Tech 2nd year in ECE?
  9. How can I apply for summer internship after completing 2nd year? I am a student of IIT BHU Varanasi
  10. Am I eligible to do internship while in 2nd year B.Tech? List of the companies that offer internship?
  11. How to apply for summer internship after pursuing 2nd year B.Tech Bioinformatics from VIT university
  12. Internship in Tata Motors for B.Tech(ECE) 2nd year student?
  13. Companies offering Summer Internship to B.Tech(EEE) 2nd year student? Procedure to apply?
  14. Where to get internship after 2nd year B.Tech Mechanical
  15. Is there any vacancy in any company after doing internship? I am studying B.Tech 2nd year
  16. Companies which offers Internship in AP for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 2nd year student?
  17. Where can I do internship in 2nd year while pursuing mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  18. How to do internship in ISRO when I am doing B.Tech 2nd year in ECE?
16th February 2017, 12:56 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to get internship in USA after 2nd year B.Tech from IIT?

IITs are the top Engineering colleges in India. In fact, some of the IITs have also been ranked very high in the world rankings. Thus, it is something to be really proud of in the first place. If you are already studying B.Tech in one of the IITs then its an amazing thing already.

Coming to the overview of B.Tech, it is a full time course of technology which is of 4 years duration. It is obtained by cracking IIT JEE entrance examination which is conducted by the IITs to take people who have passed out of school into B.Tech college.

Now, the first year of B.Tech is all about the basic of science and revision of what has been usually taught in school. It is nothing but same for all levels. However, 2nd year onwards the individual students are required to choose streams and accordingly sections are formed.

Whatever streams you are studying, you are required to an internship between the first and second year of B.Tech. Since you are from IIT, a lot of companies would want to take up as intern. However, you have to first make sure where you wish to do your internship.

India has a lot of potential to give internship to people like you. Specially in companies such as BHEL, NTPC, BSNL and other such great PSUs. Also, not only do they give knowledge but also experience on how they work in real time.

But if you wish to do internship from USA, then it has to go a different way all together. You have to make sure if you know anyone there who can initiate an interaction between you and any other company / person there in the US.

It is not at all easy to go the US for internship, provided it is a temporary thing and no company really benefits out of interns. However, if and only if personal connections can be established there then such tasks become cake walks. US government is readily welcoming indian students and so even if you wish to do a temporary internship there it would be possible.

As you have not told your stream of B.Tech, companies would be difficult to predict but you can also target silicon valley in terms of internships as its a huge place in US and is highly reputed about the IT jobs and market. I would also recommend you to have active profiles on naukri, shine, timesjobs and monster and other USA job portals too where your CV and profile becomes visible to other companies.

This way, you should be able to get some good internship in the USA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?