18th April 2012, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

How to go into Civil Line after doing B.Tech in Mechanical? Can I apply for the post of Deputiy Commissioner of Punjab?

I have done my b.tech in mechanical and now i wana to go for civil line and my height is 5feet 5 inch can i eligible for the post of deputy commissinor of punjab

15th December 2015, 11:33 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to go into Civil Line after doing B.Tech in Mechanical? Can I apply for the post of Deputiy Commissioner of Punjab?

In administration, height criteria is not taken into account. For Police Services, height criteria is an issue. However with height of 5 feet and five inches, you are eligible for Civil Services examination and other exams.

You can not directly become deputy commissioner of Punjab. First of all you need to appear for Punjab State Civil Services exam and if you clear all stages of this exam, you can join services under Punjab State government and after certain years of service, you will be promoted to Deputy commissioner.

Bachelor's degree in any discipline is minimum requirement for both Civil Services exam and Punjab State Civil Services. As you have done bachelor of technology in mechanical engineering, you are eligible for both exams. The minimum age limit is 21 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?