13th May 2011, 01:40 AM

How to improve communication skills for getting jobs?

hi
I am Rajalakshmi studing mca final year 2011 passout.i low communication that's y i missed so many oppurtunity so pls kindly help me

13th May 2011, 12:50 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How to improve communication skills for getting jobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
hi
I am Rajalakshmi studing mca final year 2011 passout.i low communication that's y i missed so many oppurtunity so pls kindly help me
TIPS TO IMPROVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS

Some of the important tips to improve your communication skills are as follows...

-> CONVERSE IN ENGLISH : The best way to improve your communication skill is to converse in English without any hesitation with your friends and relatives whenever its possible.. At first you wont be able to make proper sentence to speak but when you practice again and again then you will improve for sure...

-> KNOW THE BASIC GRAMMAR : It is very important to know the basic grammar of English to frame the proper sentence for communication. I have attached the basic grammar book in this post which helps you to prepare the basic grammar.

-> READ DAILY ENGLISH NEWSPAPER : This helps to improve the usage of different words in English which means to improve your vocabulary. Go through the different words used in the newspaper and always keep a dictionary to refer the meaning of the words and try to use it for your conversation..

-> I have attached 2 recommended e-books which helps you to improve your communication skills.. go through it and follow the simple tips which is given above..

-> Also attached a e-book which helps you to prepare for the interview in this post.. just check it over... sure you will get the job by your next interview...

All the Best..
13th May 2011, 02:44 PM
rakesh reddy pulyala

Default Re: How to improve communication skills for getting jobs?

rajalakshmi...after reading your query i personally believe that you are not good at english writing or speaking.i can say ypu one thing communication is all about how you exchange information with others,it is completely different from english writing,for example,a person good at english may be poor in communication...so if you are poor in english try to watch as many english movies with subtitles loaded..so that you can read them and understand wats going on in the film..it will really halp you a lot
13th May 2011, 04:04 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
Communication is nothing but it's 'expressing yourself in a sophisticated and simple way that others can understand you and establish an communication with you.'
It's an skill which will lead you to the top of your desirable sector, in which you wants to be, at a reputed rank.
*Tips for communication
-whenever you talk or meet with any individual express yourself without hesitation.
-keep eye-to-eye contact with the person you are talking, just to express that you are getting him.
-when the person talks with you about some serious topic, don't ignore him and do not act like you are ignoring him/her.
-whenever you represent your feeling use your facial expression and specially hand movements, if necessary.
-behave well during talk, with the person you are, that will establish a nice communication between both of you.
Moreover, just rise your confidence level while you are talking, it should be suit to your personality.
Following these tips, you can impress anyone and can get nice opportunities.
Ok, best of luck.
13th May 2011, 05:05 PM
THANIKONDA

hello rajalakshmi garu
many of the students are facing same problem.
even you got 80% without commucation skills ther is no job is waitin for you.
for improvig your communication skills try to talk in english with your frnds in free time and see the BBC and frwded english news chennals and onething for communication skills coaching is not neccesary...
and gud luck frnd... coming days are yoursss
13th May 2011, 07:02 PM
Sumit Ahujaa

You should do very hard work because nothing is easy in this world.
Firstly to improve your communication skills You have to read English newspaper regularly.
And don't be hesitate to speak English ever.
The big thing have always self confident because sometimes always we all are hesitate when talk to some seniors post. so keep self confident
All the best!
13th May 2011, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

which is the booming field now.....
13th May 2011, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

If you want to improve your communication skills, First of all develop confidence and faith in your self, and a commitment to accomplish a flawless skill, come what may.
Follow the following steps.

- Read English newspapers and mags. loudly. Concentrate on any mistakes you do while reading or speaking, but donot stop. You can also use a audio recorder to judge your mistakes.
- Listen to news channels and observe the confidence and their way to speak.
- Identify someone in your family or friends with whom you can practice , but who is serious to help and support you.
-Walk with you head high and body straight.
-
The above will give a boost to your confidence and improve your personality.

When you talk to someone, keep a smile on your face.
Look into eyes of the person with whom you talk (ofcourse you can not do this with your seniors or parents or elders).
Always interact with people and more and more people.

regards.
Have a nice communication.
(just a note for you : I was a hindi medium student throughout. I made up my language and communication like this only.)
17th May 2011, 11:47 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to improve communication skills for getting jobs?

Quote:
hi
The main asset in this competitive world is having good communication skills. so many people are blessed with it but some of them are still lacking in it

A simple example can explain you clearly about the importance of communication skills : In a village there were two friends named ram and sam, ram got seat in normal engineering college and sam got in IIT , After 4 years ram did not got placed in job he is still roaming around different offices , whereas sam got placed in GOOGLE with high pay pack

All the difference between these two guys is that Ram has low communication skills due to his college athmosphere and all whereas sam has low percentage than ram but has good communications skills and all the interpersonal skills in which ram is lagging

So the moral of this is Not the percentage which matters in the current scenario all that matters is your communication skills and other required soft skills

To gain them each person will follow different methods like some will gain them through reading books

some by surfing in NET

some by taking coaching for it

some by make their own plans to improve

in this way each of them try to improve their skill set this is the most important thing which every job seeker must and should do

Don't get depressed just prepare yourself for the interviews give your best performance definitely you will get placed

Regards

~AdityA~
18th May 2011, 07:18 AM
ajeetpatel54
Member+

my dear,
you should do very hard work because nothing is easy in this world.
firstly to improve your communication skills You have to read English newspaper regularly.
and don't be hesitate to speak English ever.
the big thing have always self confident because sometimes always we all are hesitate when talk to some seniors post. so keep self confident

thanks
18th May 2011, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hi
miss rajalakshmi if u improuve ur english then try to speak in english u can also use english words when ur doing ur personal work and one best funny way to talk in english to ur phone castmer care b/cos they don't see u can tak to him very frank way all the best
2nd August 2011, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

if I was don't know the correct answer means how to i answer please tel me
3rd August 2011, 09:23 AM
Sehwag6

Devolping communication skills:- the best way to communicate others is english. To improve good grammer english means good communication skills. Be bold and be confident to speak others in good english. The main point is whatever you tell means others clearly understand your thoughts. Then you get good jobs. Best of luck
30th August 2011, 01:06 PM
Mannu2525

Dear,
Communication is a main drawback of most of the individuals but if someone make its communication skills as his strongest point then no one in corporate world would like to stop him. So, its nothing but a way of living.

Some important tips to improve communication skills
•-> Try to communicate in english- If you are tring to speak in english then its more than enough in starting because here you can loose your all shyness and build a better plateform for you in a way of good communication

•-> Read, Read and Read - Try to mread as much as you can that will not only improve your communication but also build your vocabulary and general knowledge.

•-> Flashcard - Try to make a flash cards of difficult words that you have find during reading. This will improve your vocalbulary.

•-> Surfing on internet - Net surfing is one of the important factor that will enhace your communication skill. try to chat in englisg ith your friends and always try to post your status in english only.

•-> Make your own blog - Try to develope your own blog and post few staffs on a regular basis. This will improve your comm. power, vocabulary and way to interect with people around the globe.

GOOD LUCK

with Regards,
~Manvendra~
23rd September 2011, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

which is the channel for the good communication skill ? pls tell me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?