14th February 2013, 11:30 PM
T DEVENDRASAIRAM

How to join Pharm D course? I am studying B.Pharm in 4th year

SIR/MAM....
Iam studying bpharm 4th year,next i want to join pharmd(doctor of pharmacy)course but i don't know what is source to enter that course,so please give me information about entrance exam which were conducted by government .
thank you.........

15th July 2013, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to join Pharm D course? I am studying B.Pharm in 4th year

Iam anu , now i passed 2, i wish to study b pham pls explain about the course
16th July 2013, 12:29 AM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

On the successful completion of B.Pharm course, you can apply for Pharm D course.

The eligibility criteria and the other important data will be released by the respective universities in order to apply for them.

So if you are interested you can go through it and can apply for the course.

Thank you,

All the best.
10th February 2014, 10:45 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates to apply for D-Pharmacy course is by completion of 12th class.

As you mentioned that you are pursuing 4th year of B-Pharmacy course. In such a case, you don't need to study D-Pharmacy course.

The reason being D-Pharmacy stands for Diploma in Pharmacy. The duration of this course is just 2 years.

The candidates who have completed D-Pharmacy course can directly join into 2nd year of B-Pharmacy course by lateral entry scheme by cracking ECET Exam.

If the candidate wants to join B-Pharmacy course directly after completion of 12th class, then the duration for B-Pharmacy course will be 4 years.

Soon after the completion of B-Pharmacy course, you will be eligible to join M-Pharmacy course.

The admission for this course will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

For this you need to crack Entrance Exam called GPAT. Earlier on the basis of performance in GATE Exam itself, the admission for M-Pharmacy course will be given.

You can also join MBA course at Post Graduation level if you are not interested to join M-Pharmacy course.

The following specializations will be good choice for you at MBA level.

MBA in Pharmaceutical Management
MBA in Hospital Management

You will be having good number of job opportunities in many of the pharmaceutical companies on the basis of your B-Pharmacy as the highest academic qualification itself.

Choose the one which best suits you and make most out of it.

Wish you all the best.
6th April 2014, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir/mam,How to join in bits hyd for doing m.pharm and when will be the exam conducted every year?
7th June 2019, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

I have completed b.pharmacy? How to join pharma D and entrance eligibility for pharma D after b.pharmacy ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?