21st December 2010, 10:38 PM
joship.anand

How many questions should one attempt in GATE exam in order to clear it?

Typically how many questions should one attempt in gate exam to clear it?

22nd December 2010, 01:10 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How many questions should one attempt in GATE exam in order to clear it?

hello dear

see, there is no hard and fast rule that you should have to attain like 30, 40 or more questions out of 60.

you should remember you have to clear cut-off marks limit is is nearly with 30 every year.

so you have to maintain the accuracy in gate.

all the best........
22nd December 2010, 03:19 AM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Default Re: How many questions should one attempt in GATE exam in order to clear it?

1)It totally consists of 65 question, it depends on your confident level and how much question you knew, if you do more then 40 and get 35 question correct means, you will get good mark

2)Working hardly you can get more then 70% and get the good college

3)Mock test are conducted in this website,check your confident level crazyexam.com

Best of luck
22nd December 2010, 10:12 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

in GATE there are different cut off marks for different paper in the examination.

like in this year 25marks was the cut off marks for electronics and communication engineering paper. so you should attempt number of question in GATE examination according to the cut off marks.

now i will tell you if you can attempt minimum of 30 question correctly then i think you will clear GATE easily. but i will suggest you to be prepare to give more number question. in the examination give answer of maximum number of question correctly. do not give answer with confusion. because there is negative marks in the GATE examination.

best of luck for examination.
22nd December 2010, 02:33 PM
bikenindia

hi,
There is no such cut off marks in GATE exams. It is for 100 marks and if you can score 25 marks, then you are sure to get some good colleges for MTech or ME in India.

All the best.
Thank you.
22nd December 2010, 06:11 PM
mdtareque

Hello,

As far as I know the cut-off marks are calculated after whole assessment which depends on number of student appearing and the scoring pattern of that year.
So, don't bother about that and attempt as many questions as possible. One thing I can say for sure is not to attempt question of which you have confusion because giving a wrong answer affects you in 3 ways :

1. You get negative marks for that question.
2. In calculation of overall score "number of student attempting the question" is a parameter, so you are increasing this number.
3. This also increases the score of the person attempting the same question correctly by small value.

Hope this helps ...
22nd December 2010, 11:21 PM
amahajan

Thumbs up Re: How many questions should one attempt in GATE exam in order to clear it?

Hiii
The cut off marks for the exam depends upon the level of difficulty of the paper. if the paper is difficult then it cut off most probably low and if the paper level easy then cut off would go high. its all depends on the paper. but you should not focus on the cut off marks. if you want to clear the exam then focus on how to score high marks. so work hard and prepare well for your exam.
All the best
20th January 2011, 02:47 AM
Unregistered

is calculator is allowed in gate xam??
29th January 2011, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

can Gate b Passed In preparing 4 just 2 weeks??
13th February 2011, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

Yes, calculator is allowed.....and clearing gate exam by just preparing for 4 or 2 weeks is not an easy task...so its better to study hard...
one thing you should be focus on is that never attempt question u have confusion ...
study or practice by determination...all the best guys.....
11th March 2011, 05:17 PM
ratnam mamatha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is calculator is allowed in gate xam??
yes, calculator is allowed in gate exam
19th August 2011, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

I m dheeraj from rewa jnct college rewa.pursuing 3rdyear with ec branch without coaching can i get iit college through gate preparation at home?
19th August 2011, 04:00 PM
sg1991

It depends on which college you want to do M. Tech. from.
If you want to get admission in any of the IITs, you will have to attempt the entire paper and at the same time you should not have any negative marking.
Generally the cut off for IITs is 96 percentile.
If you want any of the NITs, then you will have to solve around 85% paper accurately.
According to the present day pattern, GATE paper has 65 questions.
Attempting questions is not sufficient but getting them right is important.
29th October 2011, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

how many questions i have to do for getting admission in nit's...
16th January 2012, 12:09 AM
balafederer
Senior Member+

GATE- Gratitude Aptitude Test in Engineering. Gate exam is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology.

* Gate exam score is valid for two years.
* There is no restriction for attempts in Gate exam. So you can attend as many you can.
* There is no restriction for age limit in Gate exam. So you can attend at any age.
* Candidates should be a graduate in Architecture or in engineering.
* Final year candidates can also apply for Gate exam.
* There is no minimum percentage criteria for gate exam.

Colleges:

* Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
* Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
* Indian Institute of Technology Madras
* Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
* Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati

Best wishes
22nd January 2012, 03:59 PM
mani_baban

[COLOR="Blue"]in GATE there are different cut off marks for different paper in the examination.

like in this year 25marks was the cut off marks for electronics and communication engineering paper. so you should attempt number of question in GATE examination according to the cut off marks.

now i will tell you if you can attempt minimum of 30 question correctly then i think you will clear GATE easily. but i will suggest you to be prepare to give more number question. in the examination give answer of maximum number of question correctly. do not give answer with confusion. because there is negative marks in the GATE examination.

24th January 2012, 01:14 PM
abhin91
Member+

As 33% of gate marks are negative marking , try attempting sure shot questions only to get a good marks and hence a good percentile.Solve maximum number of questions from a good question bank . that helps you to get in touch with the pattern.
Also
Use G K publications question bank.
http://www.gkpublications.com/
SO there is not such specified number of question that must be attempted in order to get a good rank.
31st January 2012, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

wit wat minimum marks in instrumentation engineeringcan i can expect admission in mtech biomedical instrumentation..
15th February 2012, 06:39 PM
puchu007

in GATE there are different cut off marks for different paper in the examination.

13th March 2012, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

how many question will be asked in gate exam for biotechnology paper....?
31st August 2012, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

What is cut off marks for electrical branch? and which book we should refer for preparation?
16th March 2016, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

I am From Computer branch.I have attended 35 questions confidently,how much possibility of cracking the GATE exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?