9th February 2012, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

How much should I score to achieve in GRE? I am a 4th year bachelor degree in Gauhati University

Sir/ madam
I am a student of 4 year bachelor degree in Gauhati University. I want to do MS in USA .So, how much score i have to achieve in GRE? And much will be the expense in doing the course?
waiting for your guidance.....

Related Questions:
  1. Cutoff score required in GRE and IELTS to study MS in any Public University of USA?
  2. How to apply for GRE and achieve a good score? How to get a scholarship based on GRE score?
  3. How to do Ph.D in US after completing M.Tech course?
  4. Do I have any chances for getting scholarship after aplying to various universities if I score well in GRE too? Criteria for admission and required GRE score?
  5. Possibility to do ICWA course along with M.Com for B.Com graduate?
  6. Procedure to study MS in Genetic Engineering in Abroad for B.Tech(Biomedical Engineering) last semester student?
  7. Can i write GRE exam after 4th year with 70% marks?
  8. Procedure to study M.Sc in Hematology along with part time job for a B.Sc(MLT) candidate who has 4 years of work experience?
  9. Which exam to crack to get admission in Engineering at Germany?
  10. How to prepare for GRE? How can I apply for the same? Is there any GRE test center in Assam?
  11. Eligibility to study MS in top universities of USA for a candidate with 82.2% in 10th, 77.8% in 12th and 70.5% till 4th semester of B.E.? Cutoff marks required in GRE and TOEFL to get admission? -- [New]
  12. Want to do B.E. but family's financial conditions are not good, what to do? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Detailed information on doing MS higher studies abroad?
  14. Can I join B.Ed after graduating from Kolkata? I have scored 49.95
  15. Required GRE and TOEFL score for higher studies in USA? Preparation tips and examination dates for the same? Best University in USA for Engineering course?
  16. Am I eligible to do MS abroad with 900 GRE score?
  17. Will I get a good university to do MS with GRE score 1070?
  18. Pursuing MBA in USA is possible having 58% in CSE and 7.1 band in IELTS?
3rd August 2014, 04:12 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How much should I score to achieve in GRE? I am a 4th year bachelor degree in Gauhati University

On an average, the GRE score for verbal, quantitative, writing 157 and above, 159 and above and 4.8 and above for US based universities for MS programme. Candidates should be Applicants seeking admission for graduate and business school for pursuing a master's, MBA, specialized master's in business or doctoral degree have to take the GRE revised General Test. The GRE scores is used for admissions and even fellowship panels to understand the undergraduate records. The GRE revised General Test check out the verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking and analytical writing skills.
The Graduate Record Examination or GRE test is conducted for the purpose of admission to the courses offered by foreign universities. The test check the verbal, mathematical and also analytical skills of the candidates within 4 hours. It occurs in two formats. In the first format, the test comprises of four sections of analytical writing skills, verbal reasoning, critical thinking and quantitative reasoning. The first section is a written test and other sections are objective type. The total time allotted for this exam will be 4 hours. There are also subject wise examination that includes Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Literature in English, History of the language, Mathematics, Physics and Psychology.
As far as eligibility is concerned, you need to complete graduation with minimum 50 per cent marks from recognised university with no back logs. Candidates also need to be fluent in English. You need a valid Passport and any other photo Id to register for GRE test. The test scores will be valid for five years.
For seeking admission in American Universities, you need to clear GRE, IELTS, TOEFL tests.
In Pune, you can seek admission in Western Academy, Achievers Point and Magnus Education Centre for GRE coaching. You can refer to books like The Manhattan GRE Series (MGRE), Practicing to Take the GRE, 10th edition, ETS Official Guide to the GRE Revised General Test, 2nd edition.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?