27th October 2011, 12:28 AM
YMM

How to prepare for IPS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Com? Which Books to prepare for this Exam?

Respected Sir,
I am in b.com final year and i wana be an ips officer then plz tell me how to i prepare for this exam.Plz tell me about books that which book is best for exam.
Thank you

Related Questions:
  1. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?
  2. How to prepare for Civils being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in CSE?
  3. Which books to prepare for IPS Exam? How to prepare for IPS Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester of Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  5. Which Books to refer for JTO Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  6. When to get application forms for IPS Exam? How to prepare for IPS Exam? Reference books to prepare for IPS Exam?
  7. Syllabus and Pattern of IAF Exam? Tips to prepare for this Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering?
  8. How to prepare for IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in IT stream?
  9. How to prepare for IPS entrance exam? I am a BSc Biotechnology hons 3rd year student
  10. How should I prepare for UPSC Preliminary Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of BA course?
  11. Books and solved Question Papers to prepare for IPS being a candidate of pursuing 11th standard?
  12. What shall I do to crack IPS Exam being a candidate having completed 12th Class with 83% of marks? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam? Which is the best city to take Coaching for this Exam?
  13. What I have to do to appear for IPS Exam being a candidate of 3rd year B.E.? How to prepare for the Exam?
  14. How to prepare for Power Grid Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in EEE? Syllabus and best books to prepare for the Exam?
  15. Books which are the best for IPS exam preparation?
  16. How to prepare for IPS exam? Books to be referred?
  17. How to prepare for IPS exam after studying 3rd year in engineering -- [New]
  18. How to prepare for Indian Air Force exam while doing B.E Mechanical Engineering? Which books to refer?
5th November 2011, 07:23 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for IPS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Com? Which Books to prepare for this Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMM View Post
Respected Sir,
I am in b.com final year and i wana be an ips officer then plz tell me how to i prepare for this exam.Plz tell me about books that which book is best for exam.
Thank you
Its Nice to see your Interest towards Indian Civil Services .

After completing your B.Com you are eligible for IPS Exam (Better to call Civil Service Exam).

This exam is highly regarded as most toughest exam in the country.
Vigorous and productive preparation is necessary to stand in the merit list.

I think you aware of syllabus and pattern of the exam if not just have a brief look into the following lines.

Actually there are three levels of selection procedure

Level 1 :- Civil Service Aptitude Test.
Level 2 :- Mains Exam
Level 3 :- Personal Interview.

For this three levels the syllabus is completely different and question paper pattern also differs.

In level 1,
The syllabus is common to all the applicants and the questions will be asked in Multiple choice format.

Any way you can get complete Idea about it after seeing my Uploads at the bottom of the posts.

In level 2,
The subjects will be like General studies, Language and two optional subjects. The optional subjects can be chosen by you.
The questions in this level will be of descriptive type.

In Level 3
The interview will be held in Oral Means.by a dedicated UPSC Board Committee. it will almost be like a top HR Interview.

For these levels preparation should also vary accordingly

For level 1 , you have to practice well for getting nice timing.
For Level 2, you have to get the detailed concept this can be obtained only when you go through the topic which you are reading deeply.
For Level 3, you have to improve certain skills like, Logical answering capability, Rapid Thinking levels for a given problem, you should exhibit your utmost concentration levels and creative skills.

This is how your strategy should be . not exactly same but, This way might help you..

Coming to books I actually don't suggest any books for the aspirants.
The best one to ask suggestion about books is none other than you. Yes, you only know better what type of publication you like.

I may like a book based on its content with my tastes and preferences the same may not be liked by others. there are nearly 100 known books which are useful to crack the Civil Service Exam.

You have to start your search from all the other sources like book stores, libraries and internet
make the best choice based on your taste and use the little books gain lot of knowledge from that little things.
That is enough to crack the exam.

All the Very best for everything

Regards
Attached Files
File Type: zip CSAT 1.zip(83.6 KB, 104 views)
File Type: zip CSAT 2.zip(100.3 KB, 72 views)
5th November 2011, 08:25 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to prepare for IPS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Com? Which Books to prepare for this Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMM View Post
Respected Sir,
Thank you
Dear Friend,

The examination for the post of IPS officer is conducted by the UPSC every year.The examination is known as Civil Service Examination.

The eligibility criteria for Civil Service Examination:-

To apply for the Civil Service Examination a candidate must has passed Graduation in any stream from a recognized Institute. The age of the candidate should be between 21 years to 30 years.

As you are pursuing Graduation you are not eligible to apply for the Civil Service Examination.After Graduation you will become eligible.

If you want to prepare for the Civil Service Examination then you can prepare for the Aptitude test,Reasoning,English and Mathematics etc.
You can follow books like Reasoning by R.S Agarwal,Mathematics books of class eight to ten of CBSC board. You can prepare for the general knowledge.Read daily news papers etc.

Best Wishes.....
22nd November 2011, 08:53 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for IPS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Com? Which Books to prepare for this Exam?

hi,i am studing 2nd yr btech,please tell me how to start my preparation.For cracking the civil service exam,which type of preparation i want?
29th November 2011, 07:13 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Friend,I think you aware of syllabus and pattern of the exam if not just have a brief look into the following lines.
Actually there are three levels of selection procedure
Level 1 :- Civil Service Aptitude Test.
Level 2 :- Mains Exam
Level 3 :- Personal Interview.
For this three levels the syllabus is completely different and question paper pattern also differs.
In level 1,
The syllabus is common to all the applicants and the questions will be asked in Multiple choice format.
Any way you can get complete Idea about it after seeing my Uploads at the bottom of the posts.
In level 2,
The subjects will be like General studies, Language and two optional subjects. The optional subjects can be chosen by you.
The questions in this level will be of descriptive type.
In Level 3
The interview will be held in Oral Means.by a dedicated UPSC Board Committee. it will almost be like a top HR Interview.
For these levels preparation should also vary accordingly
For level 1 , you have to practice well for getting nice timing.
For Level 2, you have to get the detailed concept this can be obtained only when you go through the topic which you are reading deeply.
For Level 3, you have to improve certain skills like, Logical answering capability, Rapid Thinking levels for a given problem, you should exhibit your utmost concentration levels and creative skills.
This is how your strategy should be . not exactly same but, This way might help you..
Coming to books I actually don't suggest any books for the aspirants.
The best one to ask suggestion about books is none other than you. Yes, you only know better what type of publication you like.
I may like a book based on its content with my tastes and preferences the same may not be liked by others. there are nearly 100 known books which are useful to crack the Civil Service Exam.
4th March 2012, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,
please tell me on which date ips entrance exam is going to held and tell me about registration date
22nd May 2012, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

sir i have taken final b.a exam so, i wanna be a ips officer how prapare for its plz tell i will await for ur advise
7th June 2012, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i am in 11th standard and i preparing for this job which book is very useful in this course and plze rply me
19th July 2012, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

HOW PREPARE FOR IAS FROM ARTS SUB OF GRADUATION .
26th March 2013, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

Hi, am final year B A student, i intersted indin police service. And my aim.so which books refers. Give me any tips.....
Contect email
[email protected]
26th March 2013, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

Hi, am final year B A student, i intersted indin police service. And my aim.so which books refers. Give me any tips.....
Contect email
[email protected]
17th May 2014, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am studying BCA final year know,my aim is to become IPS offers,please tell me how to prepare for civil exam, which books are helpful for IPS exam ,when does IPS exam wi'll be held (date),name the centers in Bangalore were the IPS correspond .Please respond
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?