22nd June 2012, 11:07 PM
anwer khan

How to prepare for IPS exam? How should I succeed?

how to prepare ips exam? and how to success gide?

23rd June 2012, 10:04 AM
padhakudkt

Default Re: How to prepare for IPS exam? How should I succeed?

Prepare for the IPS Entrance Exam:

>> IPS i.e Indian Police Service exam conducted by the UPSC and this is the one od the central govt. entrance exam for the post in the Indian police service.

>> For this exam who are clearing the all tests conducted by the IPS ,he/she can become a IPS officer and the tests are interview and physical fitness test,written test and events

IPS Entrance Exam Pattern :

>> In this exam the exam pattern is divide in to two parts such as Preliminary Exam and the Main Exam.Apart from first conducted the preliminary exam consists of again 2 parts;...

General studies paper
CSAT

Syllabus for IPS Entrance Exam:

Quantitative Aptitude
Verbal Ability
DI/DS
Reasoning Ability
General Awareness

>> And second conducted the Main exam in this you have the following papers.

Paper I - One Indian language
Paper II – English
Paper III – Essay
Paper IV&V - General Studies
Paper VI-IX - Any two optional subjects

Interview :

>> After clearing the above conduct called for the interview connected by board of competent people to judge.After the interview there is a medical test. It is quite rigid for IPS.

Books for the IPS Entrance Exam:

>> You can refer to the books for other similar entrance exams and every exam have the same syllabus but changes in exam pattern,and the best books for the tis exam same as the civil services exam.Se bellow some books help full for you;..

Indian History - NCERT Books ( XI & XII )
Geography - Spectrum
Indian Polity - Bakshi
ndian Economy - Pratiyogita Darpan
General Science - Tata Mc Graw Hill Guide
Mental Ability ,Quantitative Apitude - R.S. Aggarwal
Current Affairs - Magazines and Newspapers
Indian History & Culture-NCERT (+ 2 level)
Geography-Physical Geography of India for X - XII Std
Indian Economy-Evolution of Indian Economy).

Preparation of IPS Entrance Exam

This exam is very tough if you not prepared.

You need to know the current news and other happenings of the Indian economy.

And you can refere the books

and you can practice previous question papers.

Reading English newspapers will help to get good hold on the English language.

I would like to suggest you some important points which should be considered by you if you want to prepare well for IPS(Indian police
services)exam or CSE(Civil services exam):
1)You should work really hard for the exam-
This is one of toughest exam of our country and you should prepare with your full concentration and full potential as the syllabus is really
very wide and it would require you to devote at least 8 to 9 hours of your day.Effective time management can lead you to the path of
success.

2)Should have good general awareness-
Various books are available for this purpose in the market and you can take help from them.Apart from that you can read daily newspapers
and can listen to daily news bulletin which can further help you in this direction.

3)Should have good command on basic concepts-
You should have a very good knowledge of the basics and concepts of your subjects as questions may be asked from the
basic concepts of the subject chosen by you for the mains examination.

4)You should be self motivated, determined and sincere towards your goal.
23rd June 2012, 01:13 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IPS exam? How should I succeed?

First of all you need to select two subjects to prepare for the main exam. After this you need to list out the topics in each area. Begin preparation with prelims syllabus. For the general awareness section you must read newspapers, magazine, quiz books etc. It is not possible to complete this section. Regular revision and reading is a must. Once you have covered the other areas of the prelims start solving papers and along with it start preparing for the mains.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?