29th December 2011, 07:48 PM
trivedishashank2

How to pursue a career in Archaeological after pursuing B.Tech from computer science?

I`m a student perusing b.tech from Computer Science,this is my final year.I wanted to ask that weather with this degree i could go in Archaeological department of India.As I`m deeply interested in this field. Thanx.

22nd July 2012, 07:55 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to pursue a career in Archaeological after pursuing B.Tech from computer science?

Its great to see that you are interested in Archaeology and wish to work for Archaeological Survey of India (ASI). Being a Archaeologist is tough business. You have to be very patient as some of your research may require years to complete.

For example, the work on the exacavation sites takes years to complete because the process to dig out the sites is a very slow. In many occassions it is done by hands with great care so that nothing gets damaged during the exacavation.

Luckily we live in country which is haven for the people related to Archaeology field. There are not just hundreds of temples, monuments that date back thousands of years but several other exacavation sites in India that are enough to keep every single Archaeologist in India busy for rest of his life.

However saying that being an Archaeologist is not a easy job. You will have to study some very complex inscriptions and translate them at the same time the observation of artifacts exacavated would take a lot of time to understand.

No wonder why Archaeology is one of the toughest fields in the world and in this part of the world, its tough and not very well paid. I will mention the pay little later in the answer but lets start with the courses available in the field.

Thera are basically 5 courses related to Archaeology in India:

Courses in Archaeology

Diploma Courses in Archaeology

M.A. (Archaeology)

M.A. (Ancient Indian History and Archaeology)

Post-Graduate Diploma in Archaeology

Just like any other course, they too have their own set of eligiblity criteria:

If you want to pursue any Bachelor's course in Archaeology the most basic requirement is 10+2 with history as one of the subjects.

However for post graduate courses in Archaeology, all the candidates are required to have minimum of bachelor's degree in any stream. But students with streams like sociology, history, anthropology also always preferred.

Now lets talk about the Job Prospect.

You wanted to work for the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI). I am not surprised because most jobs in Archaeology in India are offered by the ASI. They basically have office at every single exacavation site and hundreds of temples and other monuments where study is conducted.

To get job in ASI you will have to appear in either Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) or State Public Service Commission’s (SPSC) exam. Your performance would decide whether you will get the job or not.

As far as the pay is concerned well its not much. Pay in ASI starts with Rs 10,000 and goes up to Rs 30,000. It may have increased after the last pay commission.

If you don't get a job in ASI then you have the option to work for an museum. Several museums also conduct their own research at various exacavation sites.
26th July 2012, 12:02 AM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to pursue a career in Archaeological after pursuing B.Tech from computer science?

hii...!!!

-->off campus recruitment is placement in which students from different college are allowed and they can take part in such placements.

-->it is normally held in any college or any public place.

-->good companies like TCS,INFOSYS,WIPRO, etc comes in such placements to get good students.

-->but you no need to worry because except degree marks your +2 and 10th marks are also important.

-->except marks of degree these companies also pay attention on your technical knowledge,your apptitude etc.

-->as,you are doing b.tech in cse then you have to pay attention also on your languages like c ,c++,dot net,java.

-->so,make yourself strong in atlest one of these language and make your logics strong.

-->so to take part in such placements make your aptitude strong and work hard as much as you can because competition level is so high.

all the best.....work hard...god bless!!
24th July 2013, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

How to become an archaeologist after pursuing b.tech in eee?
25th October 2013, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

I am a student in btech second year.my branch is electrical and electronics.i want to be an archaeologist anyhow.plz help
24th November 2014, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

I am b.tech 1st year student. i am from electronics and communication engineering branch. i want to become an archaeologist. please tell me....how i can become an archaeologist. how many years it will take..?
5th December 2014, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

hai,i have completed my B.E(CSE) at 2014 successfully ,but i am having more interest in archaeology.So would you please tell that i am eligible for an archaeologiest ,else what i want to do for an archaeologist, thank you
27th December 2014, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

I completed B.Tech in Electronic and Communication. Now I am interested in studying archaeology and anthropology. Am I eligible for higher studies in this stream? If then in which institutions in India? If not is there any scope to work in this field as an engineer?
3rd January 2015, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

How to pursue in Archeological after pursuing Batch from electronics and communications engineering?
18th April 2015, 07:12 AM
Unregistered

I'm student pursuing b.tech 1st year in ece as I want to know how i can get into archeology department .
23rd August 2015, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

I'm pursing my final year B.E in computer science , how can I join the archaeological department of India??
28th September 2015, 02:46 AM
Unregistered

I have completed civil engineering but I have interest in archaeology field how would I prosper in dis field.....plz help
25th October 2015, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

Can I know how to get job in archeological department with btech ( electronics branch )
28th November 2015, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

I am a first year B.tech( IT) student...... I love the field of archaeology.... And I wish to be a part of it....... Of finding things and saving our worlds precious ancient temples & monuments....... As a honey bee - collects honey from flowers..... I would also like to find things which are unseen and hidden under earth....... So plz reply me... How can i get into archaeological field? After the completion of my course.... In which way I could get in to this field?
?
29th June 2016, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

I'm pursing my final year B.E in Electronic & communication . my interest was always in our ancient Indian history so I want to become archaeologist.hw many year will it take to complete the course in Archaeology.
21st September 2016, 07:26 AM
Unregistered

i am studying B.tech final year in civil engineering.I wanted to ask that weather with this degree i could go in Archaeological department of India.As I`m deeply interested in this field. Thanx.
21st September 2016, 07:29 AM
Unregistered

I`m a student perusing b.tech from Civil Engineering ,this is my final year.I wanted to ask that weather with this degree i could go in Archaeological department of India.As I`m deeply interested in this field.
13th October 2016, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

I want to join ASI ,I am going to complete my b.tech after 2 years in mechanical department .,I am very much interested to join ASI , what is the process to get in to ASI?
25th May 2017, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

How to pursue a career in archaeological Pre-historic and extinct after pursing B-tech with mechanical engineering..?
23rd April 2019, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

How to pursue a career in Archaeology after b.tech in civil engineering..?
26th June 2020, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

I m a btech Biotechnology student. I m interested in archeology course...can I do this course now.?
19th July 2020, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

im studying bsc microbiology in want to become an archaeologist i am i eligible to it please suggest me the best way
3rd November 2020, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

How to become an archeologist after completion of engineering from computer science
1st March 2022, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am studying B.tech final year in civil engineering.I wanted to ask that weather with this degree i could go in Archaeological department of India.As I`m deeply interested in this field. Thanx.
i am studing B.tech 1st year CSE, after completing my B.tech is there any chance to apply for archaeology.I have a huge intrest in archaeology so plez help me
1st March 2022, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

i am studying B.tech 1st year ,CSE and i have a huge intrest in archaeology . is there any chance to get into archaeology after completing my B.tech.I am very much intrested in joining archaeology ,plez help me
6th January 2023, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hai,i have completed my B.E(CSE) at 2014 successfully ,but i am having more interest in archaeology.So would you please tell that i am eligible for an archaeologiest ,else what i want to do for an archaeologist, thank you
Hello I am also B.E(cse),can you tell how to become a archaeologist what would you do after your graduation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?