27th April 2011, 10:43 PM
anshuman das

How should I continue my career after having 4 years gap in between?

i discontiniued my btech career from 2005 to 2009.now i have a huge year gap.so i want to go high on my career.please sugest me.pls

Related Questions:
  1. Can i continue my study in abroad after gap of some years?
  2. Is it possible for me to continue the graduation after 5 year gap?
  3. What career should I opt for my better future prospect? I have completed my MCA and having 2 years of working experience as a trainee software engineer. And later I had 4 years of gap
  4. Will a gap of 3 years affect my career?
  5. Is it possible for me to continue doing TYB.Com if I have a gap of 9 years?
  6. What are the options available to continue studies after some gap? -- [New]
  7. I have 2 yrs gap before 12th & 1 yr gap after 12th. Can i have a bright future -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Is it good to continue B.Tech after 3 years of gap?
  9. What can I do to continue my intermediate studies after 15 years of gap?
  10. Can I continue my B.Tech studies having a gap of 2 years?
  11. Can I continue diploma studies after few years gap?
  12. How can I restart my career after gap of 4 years? I have done PG in science with good percentage
  13. Details of backlog and cutoff marks required in overall academics to apply in Off-Campus Interviews of TCS, Accenture, HCL and HP? Eligibility to apply?
  14. Is it possible to continue to pursue MCA from IGNOU after 2 years gap period?
  15. Have a gap of 5 years between 12th and B.Tech : Will I get a corporate job? How to plan my career?
  16. Is it possible to continue B.Com in Mumbai University after 5 years of gap?
  17. Is it possible to continue my Law Studies after 16 Years of Gap?
  18. If I have 3 years gap in between BSc and MCA and have done B.Ed course between the gap then can I mention it in my resume?
27th May 2011, 12:43 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How should I continue my career after having 4 years gap in between?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman das View Post
i discontiniued my btech career from 2005 to 2009.now i have a huge year gap.so i want to go high on my career.please sugest me.pls
You can resume your studies after gap, no problem at all but you need to start again from the starting of b.tech by producing gap certificate.

If you want to complete the incomplete b.tech program then you need to complete within next two years in the case of JNTU but i can't provide anymore details because you have not mentioned any of them in your question.

i.e., about in which university you discontinued your studies if you mention that we can clearly tell you about resuming the program which you discontinued.

Each and every university follows different rules from each other.
But you want to do engineering in any case then you have to again re appear for the entrance exam and you have to start a new b.tech life.

From next time while posting here please provide complete details so that we can explain you the solution upto our understanding

Regards

~AdityA~
27th May 2011, 12:58 PM
sweetcutekhushbu

Smile Re: How should I continue my career after having 4 years gap in between?

you can surely persuade your career ahead even after a four years gap.
it is said that their is no age for learning things so you can also start your career go back get admission in an institute and i am sure you will successfully complete your b.tech and will be on the peak position of your industry.
27th May 2011, 01:07 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Default Re: How should I continue my career after having 4 years gap in between?

yeah, of course you can start your studies by producing reappearing application in the name of your university dean,from where you have left the incomplete bachelor degree.
If you were in the middle of B.tech like in 2nd yr or 3rd yr. then you can attach your previous mark sheet xerox, with the application, to prove that you were in that university.But if you have not previous year mark sheets then you have to start with the beginning.Although approving the application is all depends on rules and regulation of the university, but you should try your best.
OK, best of luck.
27th May 2011, 03:59 PM
mandiv

Default Re: How should I continue my career after having 4 years gap in between?

hello...
yes you must continue with your studies in order to achieve a good carreer scope.
you have two options:-
1. either start from beginning by producing a gap certificate of your college/university...
2. continue your incomplete studies after getting proper knowledge from the head of your institute...
28th May 2011, 07:26 AM
Deb51

year gap does not matter again to continue your study if you are interested. i think after B.Tech you are doing any job. then your experience will add an extra advantage if you now go for any further study. you may now take admission in M.Tech or MBA. for M.Tech appear in GATE examination. for MBA appear in MAT, CAT etc examination and take admission in a good institution.
28th May 2011, 11:10 AM
npngpt

my friend i think you should continue on with your b.tech course and can do so just by producing a gap certificate.In any other case you would have to start all again starting with an enterence test..
31st May 2011, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

I have done engg in information technology in 2009 but in 8th sem i got supple in java so I joined BPO.I worked in BPO for 2 years.But now I want to make my career in software development field or testing.Can I start my career in java or software testing.If yes then how and what should be capabilities , skills and steps for both field. First I will choose software development field.Please let me know is there any way that I can start my career in software.Please help me out as soon as possible.Thanks thanks in advance
31st May 2011, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir,i have done 12th in commerce long back and due to family problem could not able to continue with my studies.the problem was so serious that bcoz of that i couldn't score in 12th.But now after so many years i some how manage my life a little bit and want to continue studies.my current age is 33 years, so please suggest me considering all aspects what career will be best for me at this age,growth in that career and job's related to that career.please sir also tell me about different websites which can help me. waiting for your answer !
31st May 2011, 08:55 PM
bhupinder pal

Respected Sir,i have done 12th in commerce long back and due to family problem could not able to continue with my studies.the problem was so serious that bcoz of that i couldn't score in 12th.But now after so many years i some how manage my life a little bit and want to continue studies.my current age is 33 years, so please suggest me considering all aspects what career will be best for me at this age,growth in that career and job's related to that career.please sir also tell me about different websites which can help me. waiting for your answer !
2nd July 2011, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

the above same problem is with me but i didn't get suitable answer, actually i did B.Tech in 2005, after marriage i didn't do any job now there is 6 yrs gap now i want to start my career in s/w testing field, can anybody suggest how it is possible.
7th September 2011, 10:33 AM
manoj rajpurohit

You can continue your b.tech further after the gap of four years. you can enter in the college at a new session, or you can continue your precious career form where you had leave it.

you can do job after completing your b.tech or you can do m.tech for the further study.

You can also go for the MBA degree after your degree.

best of luck.
12th September 2011, 01:13 AM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman das View Post
There is no problem at all.You can continue your studies.You should start you

btech study.So just go for it.You have to work hard now.There is no age limit

for learning.You can continue your study or you can start from the

beginning.After engineering you can get a good job.After engineering you can

also do your further study with m.tech. which helps you for your bright future.

Do hard work.You will achive your goal.

All the best
3rd November 2011, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my BCA from bangalore University in 2003. since then I was taking care of our family business of a medical shop. But now after 8 years of gap in my career I am looking for a job. Can I get a job? what kind of job I can get? I am ready to do any kind of job.
4th November 2011, 01:51 PM

Thumbs up Re: How should I continue my career after having 4 years gap in between?

hello friend
It is nice that u want to start after along time i just says that you continues your studies
i just says ,
yesterday is experence !

today is experiment !

tomorrow is expectation !

use your experience in your experiment to achieve your expectation .......!

do not see others as doing better than you
beat your own records !
because success is a flight
between you and your-self

so dont see past and contiue our study for your future
4th November 2011, 07:35 PM
miiky

If you were in the middle of B.tech like in 2nd yr or 3rd yr. then you can attach your previous mark sheet xerox, with the application, to prove that you were in that university.But if you have not previous year mark sheets then you have to start with the beginning.I think after B.Tech you are doing any job. then your experience will add an extra advantage if you now go for any further study. you may now take admission in M.Tech or MBA for M.Tech appear in GATE examination.
8th November 2011, 04:57 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

17th November 2011, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

CAN I CONTINUE B.COM. III AFTER 5 YEARS GAP
20th January 2012, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

hello,i have done M.Sc. in comp sci. in 2002...now i want do career...am loosing my confidence ... am very confused that from where should i start...this isa big gap in my
carrer...please help me...
16th February 2012, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

which one is the best technology/course to start my career after 2 years gap?
completed B.tech in 2010 (CSE).....
23rd February 2012, 11:59 AM
drurv

There is no problem at all.You can continue your studies.You should start you

btech study.So just go for it.You have to work hard now.There is no age limit

for learning.You can continue your study or you can start from the

beginning.After engineering you can get a good job.After engineering you can

also do your further study with m.tech. which helps you for your bright future.

Do hard work.You will achive your goal.
24th July 2012, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How should I continue my career after having 6 years gap in between?

Hi .. My brother was in enginerring but after 6 years he said not possible for me. We are very confused what are the next options. He is intersted in business. Please sugeest some options.
8th January 2013, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

6 year before I left my b.com & this time I want to compleet my graduation , what will I do ?
1st February 2013, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

sir i dis continued my btech in finalyear in 2007 ..n now got an intrest on software field n wants buildup my career high so plese suggest me pls
27th February 2013, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir,my name is Satish..I discontinued my final year of b.tech in 2007.. coz of Backlogs..my admission year is jntu 2003.. is there ny chance now to complete my btech.. ???????
19th March 2013, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

Sir, my name is aswathy k.j idiscontinued my degree in 2008 now iwant to continue it when iwas doing my ug coursc it was yearly but now it was semester is there any chance to complte my studies?
19th March 2013, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

sir, how icould continue my discontinued ug course in 2008-2009 when i was studing it was yearly exam but it was semester now please give me information
3rd May 2013, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

I have four years gap in BE( computer science ) i cleared in 2012 and i cleared gate in 2012 , now im thinking to go for m tech in rvce Bangalore .... Is it right decision plz suggest me .... Im very confused .........
Thank you
14th June 2013, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

Will 3 years gap effect my career ? I am doing chemical engineering .
17th June 2013, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

AFTER FINISHING be(ece) I DIDNT JOIN ANYWHERE AND SO I HAV 4 YEARS GAP BUT NOW I WANT TO DO JOB BUT I M NOT GETTING WHAT SHOULD I DO FOR THE JOB ,WHAT I SHOULD CHOOSE FOR HIGHER STUDIES OR SOME OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSE WOULD HELP ME IN GETTING JOB?? PLEASE SUGGEST ME!
31st July 2013, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

I have joined engineering in 2008 n now got fourth drop from Mumbai university what should I do?if I continue can I get job in mnc's Or shamal I quit n start with bsc plzz suggest me m totally afraid of future
10th December 2013, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

I have completed b.tech IT in 2010.. I have 3 yrs gap in between.. I am a fresher.. is there any possibility yo get good job again? Pls suggest me guys.. my mail I'd is [email protected]
17th January 2014, 02:32 AM
Unregistered

i am 2010 passout from IT branch...after thar i prepared for govt job....but could not get success ,and still preparing...i am very much depressed ...because where should i go and what should i do...i don;t hav any idea..please show me the right way....i am fresher ...what should i do to get the job
15th May 2014, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

actually i done my btech in Informationtechnology and after that i have a 3years gap while getting married and getting childerns so thats way i have no work experience
2nd August 2014, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

I am doing CA cleared all inter levels but for final i had 2 year gap now i want to continue how pls help?
10th November 2014, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

I have complete B.E in computer science and june yet i have not join any where .Is it possible to get job know in Mnc please rply me.
19th November 2014, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

i joined my MCA for the academic 2006-2009 but discontinued in the 2nd year IIsem at 2008 (osmania university),ia there any option to continue my MCA now
18th December 2014, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, i have completed my b.tech from jntu in the year 2006 n now i would like to start my career by joining m-tech what would u suggest.....kindly reply
12th March 2015, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO COUNTINUE MY BSC I LEFT IT BEFORE 5 YEARS AND I HAVE SOME BACK LOST SUBJECTS ALSO CAN I WRITE MY EXAMS AGAIN IS IT POSSIBLE
26th April 2015, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

I want to continue my b com I left it before 6years and I hava some back lost subjects also can write my exam again also is it possible
10th May 2015, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

I am having gap of 3 years after 1 st year bcom.shold I contiue or take readmission for 1 st year.I want to do MBA in abroad.does this gap will impact negatively for admission of MBA in abroad.suggest me.should I contine remaining 2 years or should take readmission for 1 st year in another college.
6th March 2017, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed 3rd semester in B.tech. Due to some problem I have now 4 year gap. Can I resume my course from 2nd year again or any suggestion that resume my career. Plz guide me sir.
13th July 2017, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

How should I continue my educational career after gaping of 3years after 10th in 2014?
14th July 2017, 09:46 AM
sanju0770

Hello friend,

First of all i would like to tell you that if you have a gap in your career then you are left with 02 options.

First is to start the B tech again from where you left which is not recommended as you have already lost 4 years in that and I do not think you will be allowed to start from where you left and you will have to start the course from first year again.

Second option is to give yourself a new chance and start something which helps you get going in your career

I would suggest you to go for some career oriented short course like hardware networking or sap course in some module along with working on your communication skills and then apply for some job.

Hope it will help
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?