15th May 2011, 01:28 AM
wsq

How should I do Merchant Navy after B.Com if I am 22 years old?

Hi, i am rushikesh i complited b.com my birth is 03-07-1988 & i want to merchant navy jobs.plz i email id [email protected]

15th May 2011, 05:18 PM
buddhadevsamanta

Default Re: How should I do Merchant Navy after B.Com if I am 22 years old?

If you are from calcutta.please contact with Mr. Arup, 9681232425.you r eligible.you have to associate with one of the course with conditional package.the office is at Garia,near garia railway station.calcutta 84.
15th May 2011, 07:52 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How should I do Merchant Navy after B.Com if I am 22 years old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsq View Post
Hi, i am rushikesh i complited b.com my birth is 03-07-1988 & i want to merchant navy jobs.plz i email id [email protected]
you must have scored more than 60% in PCM in 12th board.then you can join merchant navy only if you have'nt crossed the age limit of 21years...
and that you have crossed but why you want to join merchant navy.......better option in same field is why dont you try for indian navy...........think on it..........and make decision.....

Always Indian NAVY is for technical people and give respectful post than Merchant navy.For merchant navy we need just 12th class and Indian NAVY need gaduation this make difference and also pay scale also high for Indian NAVY.
15th May 2011, 08:01 PM
shaikh2184

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsq View Post
i. 3 year degree course in Nautical Science for (10+2) students.
ii. 4 year degree course in Marine Engineering for (10+2) students.
iii. 2 year course for Diploma Holders.
iv. 1 year course for Graduate Mechanical Engineers.
v. 3 month course for Deck Cadets for (10+2) students.
15th May 2011, 08:21 PM
srssatya

Thumbs up

it seems that you have completed your bacholer degree, but why should u r intended in merchant navy instead of indian navy.Merchant Navy is a non-combatant commercial fleet, which deals with transporting cargo and occasionally, passengers, by sea. Its fleet is therefore composed of passenger vessels, cargo liners opportunities make the career lucrative and exciting in spite of all the hard work life and long absence from family and home.

if u r intended then u have to face less competion as u have completed b.com.
if u want any other info. then plz visit http://www.namacindia.com/.
thank u
15th May 2011, 08:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Dear their is age limit is below 21 yrs................so u r not elligible for mechant navy.........but u can apply for high rank post................their is age limit of 25 yrs................
15th May 2011, 09:23 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Friend,
You are 22 years.If you are general category then you can not apply for merchant navy. Because for general age should not be more than 20 years (on 1st September of the entry year).

If you are non general category then you can apply. because those belonging to the SC/ST have relaxed by about 5 yrs.

ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:- Candidates need to show proof of completing
10+2 system or equivalent, having passed Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics as elective subjects.
15th May 2011, 09:25 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

If you are considering pay scale than you can get as high as Rs. 3,50,000 as a captain of merchant navy and definetly Officer of Indian Defence force is a honourable person in the wing.

Although Commerce graduate student can join Merchant Navy as GPR (General Purpose Rating) for which you need to do six months off board training couse which is conducted by various marine institutes. Minimum educational qualificatiin required to be eligible for this course is 10th passout.
3rd August 2011, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

can i join a merchant navy
17th October 2011, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

i am 22 years old and done b.com now i want to join indian navy so please i want to know procedure about it
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?